Santander transfer date tomorrow's date

Hello
I have just transfered some money from my savings account into my santander account but date shows on my account 2nd September. How is that possible? It was 10pm when I transfered the money, today 1st of September. I will be charged overdraft fee if transfer shows tomorrow's date. My bosses made a mistake today and paid me less than what I usually get and account was overdrawn as a result :( I tried to call but their office is closed apparently even though their website says open until 11pm for online account enquires.

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,806 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 September 2017 at 11:07PM
    You moved the money after close of business today which is why it shows as tomorrow. The cut off time is, according to their T&Cs, "no earlier than 4pm" so to be sure of not incurring charges should have been transferred before then. Luckily for you Saturday is treated as a business day otherwise the date would have been Monday 4th.
  • Thank you for your reply molerat. I shall check my account before 4pm from now then.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I believe Santander's cut-off for online payments is around 20:15.
  • Ha ha after that I have noticed I went over with my other account too when I transferred money from my saving account into joint account and from there to my own account. The date I transferred money from savings was today date but transfer from joint account into my account was yesterday date while I did it all online in matter of couple of minutes. So have been charged 2 times for over drawing :(
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My bosses made a mistake today and paid me less than what I usually get and account was overdrawn as a result :(
    If you've incurred overdraft charges directly as a result of a mistake by your employer, then most reputable companies would reimburse consequential costs caused by their error, are you going to claim for this?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I believe Santander's cut-off for online payments is around 20:15.
    And 1pm on a Saturday
  • I work for NHS eskbanker and already emailed them yesterday for missing part of my salary but still not received a reply or my money yet. I shall call them on Monday.
  • My joint account with Nat west shows for both transactions as yesterday's date now. Santander still same dates. How strange!
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    My joint account with Nat west shows for both transactions as yesterday's date now. Santander still same dates. How strange!

It`s not strange at all. Different banks have different cut off times. With regard to an online credit , the balance will increase instantly but as you have discovered , anything into santander after 8.15pm ish is credited with the following date. I.e , they have closed business for thursday and started fridays business. Anything after 1pm on a saturday counts as monday . LLoyds is midnight. Barclays is about 7.30pm , Nat west , i dont know, i dont deal with them. Once you have worked it all out , you can work it to your advantage
  • Well no overdraft fee charge from Nat west as they edited all transactions after couple of days and credited my account before debited it. Santander stayed the same and charging me overdraft fee. I have been with santander for 20 years and that's why I kept it. Nat west since married. I shall say goodbye to santander!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure