Batten down the hatches.....

Comments

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2016 at 10:48PM
    Hi Ena
    I have not read the Kondo book but I am obsessed with the idea! You need to start with your knicker drawer. That's the gateway drug! If you get into it, you will spend all of your time sorting things out and moving things around. It can be a bit emotional and time consuming, but it is so worth it!
    You seem to have survived the birthday night out without spending, hope it was ok in the end x

I really need to do something and my knicker drawer is a good a place as any to start!

I've got so much work stuff, old course materials, info, medical journals and I want to get rid of the lot but I can't yet. I need to go through it and declutter some of it anyway but I can't bring myself to look at any of it. Oh I just need to leave my job so I can bbq it all in one go :rotfl: ;)

Birthday was better than I thought it'd be and I feel rather silly for fretting about it. I'll never be a proper social butterfly but if I can show my face once in a while then that will be ok. I'm really conscious that I've got an RBF (resting b1tch face), maybe not fully but my lips definitely turn down in the corners, so even when I was not having the most fun at times, I looked like I was ok forcing a smile. Fake it till I make it kinda thing. Oh gawd, I am ridiculous :rotfl::o
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,657
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Orange_Ena wrote: »

I've got so much work stuff, old course materials, info, medical journals and I want to get rid of the lot but I can't yet. I need to go through it and declutter some of it anyway but I can't bring myself to look at any of it. Oh I just need to leave my job so I can bbq it all in one go :rotfl: ;)
    You'll have to have leave your job in Autumn and have a lovely bonfire and burn all work related materials. :rotfl:

Do Kondo, it's so freeing. Start anywhere, just start :)

Have a good evening :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    You'll have to have leave your job in Autumn and have a lovely bonfire and burn all work related materials. :rotfl:

Do Kondo, it's so freeing. Start anywhere, just start :)

Have a good evening :)

Oh that would be lovely. I'd get some potatoes and roast them on a fork watching it all go up in smoke. Adding that to my bucket list :p

My room is totally clear now so I think I can bring stuff in every night from the spare room and sort through it. Could do with some more time off work though :rotfl:
  • Orange_Ena
    Back to work tomorrow but it's a training day and shock horror, we're getting a free lunch, and a hot one at that. No buffet for us ;)

Today
    * £50 for hair cut, colour and blow dry, feels lovely :D
    * £120 for my bedroom skirting boards. He's going to come back and fix my dodgy floorboards, hopefully for around £60. Parts of it feel like I'm going to fall through the floor :eek::rotfl:
    * VO survey
    * i-S@y survey
    * 358SB earned
    * 1p roadkill found, eeeee I'm on a roll.......2p in 2 days :j
    * £1.14 sweep into my overpayments account

I raided my little H@lifax emergency fund not long ago so I could pay down my H@lifax CC and I've been trying to replace it. I pay £25 into this and I have £50 in there at the moment. I also have my FD savings account which has about £58 in, just from sweeps. I've got what I call my overpayments account which has about £136 in and a separate Nati0nwide account which is my SHTF account with £80. I only transfer £10 into that one a month. So altogether, this amounts to about £325 which I'm pleased with. I will eventually pool it into one account and leave it alone but for now, I like having these separate little accounts and it seems to be working :T

This month I'm going to just pay £40 to my Ll0yds CC (min is £29) then use what I would normally pay to debt to pay off £61 to JDWilliams and order my lamps (I've got to make up about £40 from the money I'd saved from Christmas / birthday. I think the excess is about £100 or so which I'll save then any extra I can make from surveys or selling can boost it further :T Grow, grow, grow :D

Night :)
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If I was going to put money on something (if I had money!) I'd put it on betting someone has a new furry friend...
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • Orange_Ena
    If I was going to put money on something (if I had money!) I'd put it on betting someone has a new furry friend...

:rotfl::rotfl: Haha you win a (virtual) £100 :D I've been trying to get on here all week but my hands have been rather full with the most energetic, inquisitive little kitten. He's totally mad when he's awake and cute as a button when he sleeps in the crook of my arm ;):heartpuls:heart:heart::smileyhea:love:

I'm in love :D
  • Orange_Ena
    edited 29 June 2016 at 11:23PM
    Evening. One exhausted money saver here :rotfl: The kitten and my older cat are keeping very busy but I think we're getting there. I'm up and down off the sofa supervising them, and trying to stop my older cat hoovering up the kitten food. He's on a diet so the poor thing is starving hungry. Don't know how I'm going to manage when they both have the run of the house as they are currently separated when I'm at work. Early days :o

Anyhoo, time for a catch up after an eventful week what with Brexit, Cameron, Football, Corbyn, Istanbul. I don't really watch the news much, it's too depressing. If anyone wants some feel good news I'd definitely recommend the G00d News Network. They have lovely stories like animals being rescued or humans being nice to each other :rotfl::T:D

Thursday 23rd June
    * £5.34 in M0rrisons on a few bits
    * £2 on a lazy chippy tea
    * Pinec0ne survey
    * P0pulusLive survey
    * 108SB earned

Friday 24th June
    * £3.20 in the c0-op for lunch
    * £33.50 on fuel
    * £15.49 in T3sco on a few different sorts of kitten food, and some chicken for me
    * 2 PA surveys
    * VO survey
    * 74p sweep into my FD savings account
    * £208.40 tax rebate, it'll go in my savings for now, just incase it's a mistake! What a lovely unexpected bonus :T

Saturday 25th June
    * £11.95 on treats to take to my sisters
    * i-S@y survey
    * VO survey
    * Youg0v survey
    * 132SB earned and a £5 Am@zon voucher redeemed

Sunday
    * £42.36 in M0rrisons stocking up on a few things
    * £10 on 2 lots of charity fun run sponsorships
    * VO survey
    * 117SB earned

Monday
    * £40 for the pet sitter to check on my cats for 2 weeks, just while the kitten settles in
    * £6 received from Pinec0ne and transferred to my overpayments account
    * 2 VO surveys
    * 87SB earned

Tuesday
    * £30 on fuel. I only filled up on Friday but I had a 200 mile round trip to pick up the kitten
    * PA survey
    * 2 i-S@y surveys
    * 84p sweep into my FD savings account

Today
    * £25.31 in T3sco on a few groceries, YS things and household bits
    * £7.74 in H0me Barg@ins on a few cat things
    * £5 cash received for an item I sold on Shp0ck
    * VO survey
    * £1.01 sweep into my FD savings account
    * £1.05 sweep into my overpayments account

My emergency fund has been growing........:D
    • £75 H@lifax emergency fund account
    • £59 FD savings account
    • £137 Nati0nwide overpayments account
    • £90 SHTF account
    • £280 from wages this month
    • £208 tax rebate

Total = £849

I'm so close to payout on Youg0v so that'll be another £50 to add soon :T

I had a lovely dream the other night that I spotted a penny by a tree and then I saw another coin then another and I started to dig a little at the earth and found more and more money. I'm sure I woke up smiling :p Please let my money tree dream come true :D

Right then, I'll be back tomorrow night to catch up on diaries and with my month end figures ;)

Night night :)
  • Aw, I wish I had a kitten! Though my dog wouldn't be happy and the cat would probably be confused to have another pet like him after nearly 14 years of dogs... I think perhaps your dream is about you uncovering riches in your life, which might be financial but will be non-monetary too. I'm not a professional dream interpreter or anything though ;)
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,657
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I like how your little pots of savings here and there add up to a sizeable amount. I know little bits of spent money add up I don't think it had clicked for me that it works the same way with saving. DOH me.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • BettyBones
    BettyBones Posts: 164 Forumite
    Aw, I wanna kitten too! :)
    If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing