Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Such a shame that the night ended badly, but glad it was a good one beforehand. You deserve to have some fun.

Happy New Year! Hope 2015 is a good one for you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thanks both. He's laying on the sofa at the minute rather the worse for wear but otherwise unscathed. I made him walk to the shop with me to get some fresh air and I also made him ring his brother to thank him for his help last night. Of course he hasn't got a hangover he's "coming down with something". As for me I really enjoyed myself so no I won't let it spoil my night. Good job one of us knows their limits!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Such a shame that the night ended badly, but glad it was a good one beforehand. You deserve to have some fun.

Happy New Year! Hope 2015 is a good one for you Xx

Seconded by me :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Just as well one of you knows your limits :rotfl:
    (meant in nicest possible way)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • aandrea
    aandrea Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Glad you let your hair down last nite. Don't let DH accident spoil it. I no feel like I'm noisy newbie
  • Sun_Addict
    Thanks Beanie and Andrea :)

At least today Mr SA wasn't interested in going for a coffee but he wants to go for one tomorrow. Trying to spend as little as possible at the moment and today's total spend was £3.64 in Mr M for a few food bits so happy with that.
  • Sun_Addict
    Looks like I'll have to eat my words - Mr SA is full of cold today. He's in bed with a Lemsip and has no interest in going out for a coffee so it must be bad!
  • Sun_Addict
    Just had a tot up of finances and have paid another £30 off debt so now down to £650.

Been out to the local shops today and have spent £17.01 on food. Also I took the dog for a throw about of her ball on the park so she's happy (for the minute anyway). It's so nice to have a pottering about day so I need to make the most of it. Goals today - sort out a WW meal plan for next week, descale my Tassimo machine and start making inroads into my book/magazine stash. I counted up how many magazines I've got in my pile and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought - 26. However there are some in my drawer at work so the pile will get a bit bigger. Book stash is 45. Making a curry for tonight, beef for Mr SA and vegi for me. Should really have a run on my treadmill too since I've got time.
  • Hope Mr SA gets well soon and that you have had a peaceful day semi alone! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Thanks Lucky.

Mr SA still bed ridden today, I don't feel too great either, I feel achy, hope I'm not coming down with it too. The weather is awful here today, dark and raining. Not managed to take the dog out yet but had to brave the weather to go to the local shops for fresh Lemsip supplies and other things. Managed to spend £21.84 between Mr M Local and Superdrug, although I picked up some things on offer. Bought the Express for the WW booklet and it's got some nice recipes in it plus I went for the magazine offer £22 for the year plus a free cookbook. I buy the magazine every month anyway so it's a good deal for me. So today's total spend is £43.84 :( One day I'll get a no spend day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport