June total - £134.93
    Year to date - £569.65

Other totals:

• Nati0nwide sweeps - 0..................total YTD 0
    • FD sweeps - 0.................total YTD 0
    • NSD's - 8...............total YTD 65
    • Books read - 0....................total YTD 0
    • DVD's watched - 0....................total YTD 0

DMIC (Daily Mortgage Interest Challenge - earning more than £4.06 a day) - 12/30 :T
    CHEFS account!(Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £215.55 :j:j
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    CHEFS challenge coming along nicely

Is there room to get the price down a little on the flat you want so you can accept the offer?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Is there room to get the price down a little on the flat you want so you can accept the offer?

Funny you should say that DIA........I have negotiated a wee reduction and they've accepted :T:T:T

I accepted the offer on mine too so fingers crossed it will all go smoothly :D:D

I'm not really celebrating yet though as I'm so worried it's all going to go wrong. I don't think I'll stop worrying until I get the flat keys in my hand actually. My friend has said not to worry and that I can't do anything about it, so what's the point in worrying but I've got so much pinned on this move, that I really don't know what I'll do if it falls apart. I mean, obviously I'll just have to get on with it, but I feel like I've only got this one chance to get moved, buy this flat which is so affordable and start the new job. I need it to all come together but if my sale falls through and I don't get a buyer again, I'll have to let the job go, maybe lose the flat and stay where I am. I'd have to get a new job here as I can't stand much more of my current job but at least I'd get to stay in my beautifully decorated little house. It will feel like second best though. But then getting a poorly paid job here may mean ruling out ever moving back to my hometown as I just won't be able to afford the prices there.

I know I'm over thinking, over worrying but I feel like I've waited so long, moaned so much about ditching my job and having a change of life and finally I'm doing something about it so I just need it to happen.

So I'm going through the motions, I've appointed a conveyancer, and I've sorted my mortgage appointment for next week. I've already had a moving quote which is very reasonable. I sorted out my "house" paperwork ages ago, things like guarantees and certificates for electrical work. I've started bringing boxes home from work and might pack a few things but I think I'll really get cracking after my buyers have their survey and are happy. I'm a bit worried they'll find a problem, not that I think there is, and then try and negotiate further but I have no room for that. Must stop worrying!!!!!!! :p

Saturday 1st July
    * £5.98 in B@ndM
    * £18.35 in L1dl
    * PA surveys

Sunday 2nd July
    * NSD
    * Youg0v survey

Monday 3rd July
    * £4.70 in T3sco
    * P0pulusLive survey
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * VO surveys
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey
    * PA survey

Today
    * £9 in T3sco
    * £30 for fuel
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey
    * 0nep0ll surveys
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hooray keeping everything crossed for you xxxx
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • doingitanyway
    Orange_Ena wrote: »
    have negotiated a wee reduction and they've accepted :T:T:T

I accepted the offer on mine too so fingers crossed it will all go smoothly :D:D

So I'm going through the motions, I've appointed a conveyancer, and I've sorted my mortgage appointment for next week. I've already had a moving quote which is very reasonable. I sorted out my "house" paperwork ages ago, things like guarantees and certificates for electrical work. I've started bringing boxes home from work and might pack a few things but I think I'll really get cracking after my buyers have their survey and are happy.

This is brilliant news. Whatever happens next the fact that you got this far is absolutely brilliant. :T:T:T:T Well done Orange Ena :D
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    Ena so exciting about the flat!!!!!!!!
  • Orange_Ena
    Thanks ladies. :):)

Things seem to be ***sshhh*** progressing nicely with the flat purchase / house sale. If I say it quietly, I won't jinx it :D

Wednesday 5th July
    * NSD
    * PA survey
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * Youg0v survey
    * VO surveys

Thursday 6th July
    * NSD
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * PA survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys and £2.50 redeemed and transferred to my CHEFS account

Friday 7th July
    * £4.29 in the C0-op
    * £5.87 in T3sco
    * 0nep0ll survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys

Saturday 8th July
    * £5.79 in S@vers
    * £1.39 in B@ndM
    * Youg0v survey
    * VO surveys

Sunday 9th
    *NSD

Monday 10th July
    * £3.87 in C0sta, had an NHS discount as they saw my badge. Never had a discount before and I always wear my uniform in there :rotfl:
    * £4.02 in T3sco
    * PA survey
    * Youg0v surveys
    * VO survey

Tuesday 11th July
    * £4.29 in the C0-op
    * PA surveys
    * P0pulusLive survey
    * VO survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys

Wednesday 12th July
    * £31.01 for fuel
    * £32.70 in M0rrisons
    * 0nep0ll surveys
    * PA survey
    * VO survey
    * Opini0n Outp0st surveys and £2.50 redeemed and transferred to my CHEFS account

Today
    * NSD
    * 0nep0ll survey
    * VO survey
    * Youg0v survey

A few months ago, some emails stopped coming through, some survey sites and newsletters, that sort of thing. I think they somehow got marked as spam.....I'm blaming the cats :rotfl: One of the emails that stopped was from Pinec0ne. I couldn't log in so I contacted them explaining that I hadn't had emails and I suspected my account was blocked. We had a few emails going back and forth every few days, them asking me to click this link, press that, try this etc. After about a month, after they'd escalated it, they said my account was blocked as I'd marked the emails as spam! Yeah! I told you that in my first email! :o I really should have just thanked them for unblocking it but I pointed out that we'd wasted a month getting to that point :rotfl: I think someone took the hump and has banned me as I haven't had an invite since :D:D:D

Decluttering
    124. gloves with too many holes
    125. cheese grater
    126. large spoon
    127. fish slice
    128. whisk
    129. tongs
    130. ashtray, had it for any smoking guests....but I don't really have guests ;):p
    131. tea towel
    132. DVD's x 6
    133. cookery books x 3
    134. socks x 3 pairs
    135. jigsaw
    136. giftbags x 2
    137. handbag
    138. duvet set
    139. bracelets x 7
    140. cushion cover

I don't think I've got loads to get rid of really, but I'm just trying to "thin" things out a bit so that I have a bit less stuff. I was going to start packing a few bits but in all honesty I don't think it will take too long. If that back fires on me though, I'll come back and edit this comment out :rotfl:
  • doingitanyway
    Thanks ladies. :):)

Things seem to be ***sshhh*** progressing nicely with the flat purchase / house sale. If I say it quietly, I won't jinx it :D

Whispers...all sounding good Orange Ena :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    edited 13 July 2017 at 10:30PM
    I had my mortgage appointment yesterday and we were chatting about savings and I told her how I save up for everything. I think back to only 2 or 3 years ago when I'd try and save but towards payday, I'd have to zero the accounts down to get through, as I hadn't addressed my spending or made a budget. Anyway, putting a little aside every month, if you can, really does help. My line rental and home insurance is due soon but the money is ready and waiting so I don't need to sweat it :T:j:D

Snapshot of savings pots

Nati0nwide
    * Overpayments - 49p
    * Fuel - £88.99
    * Birthdays / Christmas - £23.85
    * Emergency fund - £30
    * Hair / beauty / medical - £70
    * Clothes / shoes - £29
    * Cat 1 - £100
    * Cat 2 - £185
    * Line rental - £166
    * Car - £665
    * Spa days - £1.......recently booked a spa night away
    * House stuff - £47.47
    * House insurance - £100
    * CHEFS - £220.55

Halif@x
    * Emergency fund - £76.18

First D!rect
    * Emergency fund - £1479.63

My credit card debt currently stands at £1105 and it seems I don't need to clear it when I move, as I was previously advised in branch! They said it would be better if I did but I didn't want to be forced to as it's on 0% and ticking along nicely. I will get debt free but as I've said before, keeping a little debt stops me going mad with the old spending :D:D

Once I've moved and settled, I'll be able to work out a proper DFD and then the countdown begins.
  • doingitanyway
    I save up for everything. I think back to only 2 or 3 years ago when I'd try and save but towards payday, I'd have to zero the accounts down to get through, as I hadn't addressed my spending or made a budget.
    Oh no, a late night lightbulb moment. I thought was doing well but this sentence you have written is me now :( I need to give this some serious thought...

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills