Courier reseller refuses compensation for a misdelivered parcel

Options
2»

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Fitzy47 wrote: »
    If the parcel had been lost or damaged then that's my lookout. However they said the parcel had been delivered. So if it's delivered it's not lost. It's either been delivered to the wrong address or stolen. Either of which surely mean that interlink have breached their duty of care. Inxpress are then surely complisite by not pursuing the claim properly.

By processing a claim for a "lost" parcel surely that's an admission that it wasn't delivered. And that means either the driver fraudulently signed on behalf of the customer or left it in an unsecured location and it was stolen.
    so send an LBA to Inxpress demanding they do a proper investigation to find out if it was delivered or not by interlink ( who are actually DPD) and if they cant investigate then you want fully compensated
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The standard loss or damage. However the parcel was not lost or damaged. Surely by paying the small amount they have paid is an admission that they know it wasn't delivered to the right person.

Seems pretty lost to me.

Why did you not take out the insurance for such a high value item? Have you actually got any proof it's not the buyer who's trying to screw you over? Where did the tracking say it was delivered to?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The standard loss or damage.
    Is that even a sentence?
    I'll assume it's the answer to my question...
    wealdroam wrote: »
    What insurance did you have on this package?
    Let me try a different question...
    How much was you package insured for, and for what risks?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had a parcel delivered by DPD recently and could track the driver's progress to me via DPD's website.

Presumably they retain the information and it can to used to demonstrate the driver was at the recipient's address on a specific day.

If the driver was there on the day, it's likely the parcel was delivered and the recipient is pulling a fast one.

I guess the problem here is that the OP is dealing with an intermediary.
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    The delivery Company are agreeing it's lost and I suspect paying you out 'insurance wise' for the Service you paid for? What cover 'insurance wise' did you pay for?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    OP what does your contract say regarding compensation for lost parcels
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    I had a parcel delivered by DPD recently and could track the driver's progress to me via DPD's website.

Presumably they retain the information and it can to used to demonstrate the driver was at the recipient's address on a specific day.

If the driver was there on the day, it's likely the parcel was delivered and the recipient is pulling a fast one.

I guess the problem here is that the OP is dealing with an intermediary.

Interlink are owned by DPD - they recently re branded Interlink as DPD local (a low cost Hermes competitor).

And it wouldn't make much of a difference here on the intermediary. The fact is courier is obligated to pay out a minimum amount based on weight as per the terms an conditions of carriage that interlink have.
    11. LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY

(a) Subject to the provisions of this Condition 11 and Conditions 4, 10, 12, 13 and 14, the Company's liability (whether in contract, tort, conversion, negligence or otherwise and howsoever arising) for the loss of or damage to any goods and/or for any other matter (howsoever arising) under or in connection with the Contract shall be limited to the lesser of:

(i) for goods carried within the UK:-

1. £12 per kg of gross weight lost or damaged up to a maximum of £1,000 per Consignment unless the Customer has purchased Extended Cover (as defined in Condition 12); or

https://www.dpdlocal.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.jsp

So they are covered because its for loss or damage and this is loss - however the loss occurred.
  • angryparcel
    Options
    visidigi wrote: »
    Interlink are owned by DPD - they recently re branded Interlink as DPD local (a low cost Hermes competitor).

And it wouldn't make much of a difference here on the intermediary. The fact is courier is obligated to pay out a minimum amount based on weight as per the terms an conditions of carriage that interlink have.

https://www.dpdlocal.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.jsp

So they are covered because its for loss or damage and this is loss - however the loss occurred.
    That is for standard cover. just like if you use parcel2go you are only covered upto £20 unless you pay for extra insurance to cover the items value
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That is for standard cover. just like if you use parcel2go you are only covered upto £20 unless you pay for extra insurance to cover the items value

Correct.

And the OP didn't buy extended insurance.
  • angryparcel
    Options
    visidigi wrote: »
    Correct.

And the OP didn't buy extended insurance.

so OP will only get standard compensation.
    but why send an item retailing at £700 (so most likely £300 wholesale)without talking out insurance to cover for at least the wholesale cost
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure