PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Justamum wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe for these? (If they don't have egg in that is :))

No eggs in them :)

225g softened butter
    225g caster sugar
    170g consensed milk
    350g SR flour
    150g chocolate cut into chunks

Makes about 30 cookies.

Cream the butter and sugar together, stir in the condensed milk, add the flour and work into a smooth dough, add the chocolate.

Divide dough in half, roll each half into a thick sausage, wrap in cling film, chill for a min of half hour, the longer the better. Can be kept for up to a week or frozen.

When you're ready to bake them heat oven to 180c, slice about 1cm thick, put them on baking tray with plenty of space, I usually do 6 at a time, bake for 15 mins until golden around the edges but still soft in the middle, scrumbelicious!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • FunkyFairy
    Options
    Chocolate fudge cookies that went within seconds of coming out of the oven!

Planning on making bread rolls and a few loafs today.:T
  • Ballymackeonan
    Options
    I've just made a big loaf of wholemeal soda bread with chopped dried apricots, some chopped apple and a little spice. It smells fine! The inrention is to toast it for breakfast - will hopefully satisfy the sweet tooth instead of using lots of marmalade with ordinary toast!
  • slowlygoingmad_2
    Options
    made some honey wheat rolls and a loaf of oat bread :)

rolls turned out so so, had the oven a tad too high so although they where brown on top they needed a few more mins in but didn't want them burning so we'll eat them as is!
    TUFKA - Lyndsay_21
  • raven83
    raven83 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    caremelized onion bread and also wanting to make something involving treacle but not sure what need some ideas?
    Raven. :grinheart:grinheart:grinheart

• tiredwithtwins
    Options
    today ive made;
    scones (to try the recipe ... not a disaster but not brilliant)
    flapjack (for packed lunch boxes)
    cheese straws (for packed lunch boxes)
    hot cross bun loaves x 2 (for brekkie toast)
    sun dried tomato loaf (to go with hm soup for packed lunch at work)

ive also made lasagna, shepherds pie and chilli with some reduced price mince from the co-op for tomorrow, tues and weds tea :)
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bread in the breadmaker and honey biscuits in the oven.

The house smells lovely :)
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • borokat
    borokat Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow really impressed with all the cooking. I've recently embarked on a challenge to try and bake the entire Bero book in one year. I haven't baked anything today but on Sunday I did a sponge and Yorkshire puddings. One was better than the other!!! It's all on my blog which is on my user profile, I think it's against the rules to promote my website directly or I would stick a link up. Anyway, would love to know if anyone else finds the Bero Yorkshire pudding mix too runny? Should have used my instincts!
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not a great baker, I do try but... Made some choc-crispy cookies last night, adapted the recipe a bit and added some dark chopped chocolate (as I had no choc chips) and some chopped apricot. Turned out rather nice :-)

Breadmaker ( bought half price in sale in Jan, how did I manage without it?) set on timer so bread should be done as soon as we get in from work then plan to make some bread rolls for lunches this week
  • hummingfridge
    Options
    Enjoying this thread. :)I'm doing mini cheese and onion pasties tonight. Frying the onion first and making pastry from scratch. I want to take a couple of them into town tomorrow with a flask of hot chocolate, as it's still just about warm and calm enough to sit outside (of course, now I've said that, it won't be :lipsrseal) Will give OH a few to take into work.
    Leftovers from last night are going to be mixed with some mash and fried like bubble and squeak.
    Oh, I'll do a tinned fruit crumble too, I can't justify putting the oven on for just one dish.
    Keep calm and keep crafting :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport