Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    It will drop off your Callcredit report 6 years from the original/initial recorded default date. The 'updated' fate has no effect on that.

Noddle report is only updated from Callcredit data once per month, so depending on dates you may need to wait up to a months to get a refreshed report to see the entry has been dropped.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Hi
    I was declared bankrupt on 05/02/2010 and my discharge date was 05/02/2011
    just got my credit report from Equifax :

Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Settled
    Current Balance £ 0 Start Balance £ 0
    Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 0
    Start Date 12/09/1990 Date Updated 19/07/2011
    Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied 05/02/2011
    Default Date Payment Amount
    Previous Statement Balance Cash Advance Amount
    Number of Cash Advances
    During Month
    Credit Limit Change
    Minimum Payment? Promotional Rate;
    Payment History
    J F M A M J J A S O N D
    Month J F M A M J J A S O N D
    2011 Credit Limit
    Statement Balance
    Payment Amount
    Customer Account Update
    >Status >Explanation
    PARTIAL SETTLEMENT Payment received as a full and final settlement although the payment
    would not fully clear the balance.

can you please advise me if that is correct as no default date and Date Satisfied 05/02/2011(my discharge date ) and when will be removed from my file
    thank you
  • fermi
    If there really is no default, and you leave it, then it will come off 6 years from the satisfaction date. Feb 2017.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• immy
    immy Posts: 227 Forumite
    Is it common place for companies to update equifax/experian but not update the callcredit report?

just checked noddle, and although balances are showing as satisfied, the default dates are 1-2 months out. Equifax and Experian dates are fine.
  • rightsuser
    rightsuser Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 21 July 2016 at 3:08PM
    I am doing a clean up on my file after bankruptcy as its due to be 6 years in January. However I have looked at my credit file and its a mess to be honest, majority of accounts have not been marked with the correct dates and 90 percent of them do not show as satisfied.

Question I have is 1) most of the dates are wrong but quite a few state default date as Febuary next year so as it would be 6 years next january - in that case is there really any point as those should go off a few weeks after they should anyway, is that correct? 2) Almost all the accounts show as defaulted but not satisfied, if the date is either correct (january) or very close feburary does that matter that they do not show as satisfied or do I need to get that updated?

Oddly there is one account which is a loan, which was my biggest debt and the default date shows as September 2010, which is rather odd as my bankruptcy was done is Jan 2011. On that case does that mean I do not need to do anything about this one and techinally does that mean it would come off in a few months?

Advise would be greatly apreciated as this is all rather new to me!
  • fermi
    Probably not worth the effort if it's just a case of a few weeks.

Not being marked as satisfied will not stop them coming of on the due date. :)

Yes, the big loan will come off earlier, so again no point.

• Thanks for your Fermi,

That is good to know, makes the list a lot shorter to contact in that case if it doesn't matter! And just to verify (sorry if this sounds stupid) but even thou its not marked as satisfied it will still come of on the 6 year date since defaulted regardless. And it wouldn't suddenly reappear later or anything like that? Just wanted to make sure as was concerned with it not being marked as satified could cause a problem down the road? All new to me thou! Thanks again for the help!
  • fermi
    rightsuser wrote: »
    That is good to know, makes the list a lot shorter to contact in that case if it doesn't matter! And just to verify (sorry if this sounds stupid) but even thou its not marked as satisfied it will still come of on the 6 year date since defaulted regardless.

Yes.
    rightsuser wrote: »
    And it wouldn't suddenly reappear later or anything like that? Just wanted to make sure as was concerned with it not being marked as satified could cause a problem down the road?

In theory it shouldn't. You could get it removed if they did.

In practice you do get the odd case where debts are sold on to less nice debt collectors who then put their own newer defaults on.

Now getting them marked as satisfied won't necessarily stop those rare cases, but you can argue that forcing the current creditor to acknowledge the status of the debt by updating your file will probably make it even more unlikely.

So you can do it if you want, if you feel making something unlikely even less likely is what you want? Your call.

• missyp123
    missyp123 Posts: 564 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello,
    How long should we wait to check our experian report please?

BR should have fallen of 23rd July...Clear score had removed it on the 21st when we had our new reports generated (so im assuming equifax is clear too).

We have already had a free trial of experian in the past so will have to pay for updated report.
    Just want to avoid paying if nothing has changed yet!

Tia
  • fermi
    Experian should be removed 6 years to the day.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback