Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I'm hoping/planning for a quiet week. Birthday meal last week for hubby was less than budgeted for and so was the dentist yesterday (mainly because they forgot to rebook the hygienist appt). However, I've been asked to get a couple of birthday gifts from where I am doing some work, which makes sense as I will get 30% discount, although it does mean no shuffling into the savings account.

I ordered some clothes recycling packages from g3nie recycling ready for having another sort out of the wardrobe. They have now arrived and I'm glad there is no set timeframe to do them in as I think it will be a while before I get round to it.

I had a little sort out in the tack room yesterday too and found some shorter stirrup leathers for DGS, so no need to buy any, also threw away a lot of very old rubbish stuff so I can see clearly what I have. I was hiding from the rain at the time!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Always amazes me what can be found in a tack room despite regular clear outs :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • ZoPig2016
    ZoPig2016 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ETE

Enjoyed reading your diary very much, hope you're feeling better. Your diary has inspired me to pull my finger out and get on with my selling!
    :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you ZoPig for the well wishes. I am getting there!

I am feeling more organised with less clutter around, even if I haven't sold much compared to some of the people on here.

I was truly amazed Watty at some of the rubbish I had - especially considering I am not particularly a hoarder! I did find my first horse's headcoller though, which I didn't realise I had, which was quite sad. I will have to throw that out at some point, but haven't quite managed it yet.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    we don't have a tack room.... just plenty of worthless tat :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear you haven't been well ETE and hope you feel better soon. Hope the pony leaving isn't too upsetting.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    We've made it to the weekend!

The biggest mse task for this weekend will be doing a freezer inventory, mealplan & food shop. This may need to be done today as we have a busy day tomorrow with a show, collecting dog food and also getting a load of hay & straw, mustn't forget DD & DGS coming for dinner too!

As always there is plenty of ironing and business accounts to do, they feel like never ending tasks.

A cup of tea first I think. Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Nearly forgot, the biggest news of the week, DD2 starts a holiday job at a place where I have been doing some work next week. They seemed over the moon when I asked if they had any work for her as they are really busy! I must factor in packed lunch type things for her to take in, maybe I should factor in some baking too :T
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Whoops, no baking, no mealplan, no ironing, no accounts.

At least we have dog food and hay and straw for the horses.

I'm not sure what I have done, but I've been on the go all weekend! Took DGS for a ride and he slept over. Sorted meeting up with people next weekend. Went to tack shop to buy body protector for DGS - not planned but definitely a wise expense (might have bought some jodhpurs & stirrup irons too). Walked dog & pony. Ran round a lot after DDs (when does this stop??!!) had birthday tea with family (2/5 family birthdays done). Went to show. Cleared a load of horse muck. Claimed a few expenses and booked and paid deposit for some training in August. I did also reach cash out on SBs.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not sure what I have done, but I've been on the go all weekend!
    Well, yes, the list that follows says you did an *awful* lot :D and that you had a really good time doing it - bet you're tired though :rotfl:

I'm glad you had such a gorgeous weekend.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport