Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• ksahota93
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Why did the layover change from nearly 2 hours to 50 minutes?
    Was the initial flight put back, or the connecting flight brought forward by an hour?
    The connecting flight was brought forward, they didnt give a reason why but I assume it was because of fog, my return flight from Amritsar to Doha was also put back by 1 hour
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ksahota93 wrote: »
    The connecting flight was brought forward, they didnt give a reason why but I assume it was because of fog, my return flight from Amritsar to Doha was also put back by 1 hour

It will probably be to do with the political situation between Qatar and UAE/Saudi Arabia etc, who withdrew overflight rights for Qatari aircraft. The result is they now have to fly around some airspace resulting in longer flight time.

It also happened to me last week. We just made a 1hr connection at Doha. Short connection times are normal there and are usually well organised.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ksahota93
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    It will probably be to do with the political situation between Qatar and UAE/Saudi Arabia etc, who withdrew overflight rights for Qatari aircraft. The result is they now have to fly around some airspace resulting in longer flight time.

It also happened to me last week. We just made a 1hr connection at Doha. Short connection times are normal there and are usually well organised.
    Do you think I can claim anything with my situation? Given I was delayed for close to 40 hours
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    Try putting your flight details into Bott online and see what they say
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    ksahota93 wrote: »
    Do you think I can claim anything with my situation? Given I was delayed for close to 40 hours

As others have said, it depends on the reasons for the initial delay. The second delay seems weather related. But irrelevant if already 24 hours late.
  • summerishere11
    Options
    Hi.

I just wanted to post an update on my case. I sent Iberia a NBA letter and this morning received €2000 euros into my account. A great Christmas present indeed. Thank you for the advise given here.

Merry Christmas
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    :beer: Well done Summerishere11 :beer:

Thats great news, you must be a happy bunny today after so much perseverance on your behalf. Glad it all worked out in the end.

Now you really can have a Merry Christmas
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done you. Enjoy. Nice to see an airline see sense when they get the NBA.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • big_leon
    Options
    Hi All,
    I would appreciate some advice on a delayed flight. I sent a claim in, via Resolver, and I got this response from BA:
    Thanks for getting in touch about your flight to London Heathrow on 02 December. I apologise for the delay in my response. I understand your experience wasn't as pleasant as you'd expect from us and I'm sorry you feel let down.

We always want to maintain a stable operation and we'll only delay an aircraft if we really have to. This is because we know it affects our customers and their plans. We also consider if there are any operational options available before we make a decision. Our Operations team investigate every delay to find out where we’re going wrong. I don't underestimate how stressful this can be and how much it may have impacted your travel plans. I’m sorry your flight was delayed.

I've investigated our flight records and I can see the BA2831 flight was delayed upon arrival by 195 minutes due to cabin crew sickness. As such, you’re not due any EU Compensation. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for and I apologise.

I then sent the following:
    Thank you for the reply. To be clear, what are you using to decline my claim? (i.e the crew sickness or the time delay?)

If it's the time, the cut off is three hours (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32004R0261:en:HTML).

If it's that you view crew sickness as a 'extraordinary circumstance', I refer you to the following case: http://www.bottonline.co.uk/press-releases/judge-rules-crew-sickness-does-not-excuse-airlines-from-paying-flight-delay-compensation

I've just received a call to say they are denying my claim.

Any thoughts?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    big_leon wrote: »
    I can see the BA2831 flight was delayed upon arrival by 195 minutes due to cabin crew sickness.
    what was your routing? Is the flight number correct? BA2831 shows as an Alaska codeshare flight from SEA-OGG
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback