IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA unsuccessful, what now?

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Told them that i went to visit my family 3 times in 2 week's period and through this 2 week's Parking Eye system hasn't been working and beacuse of that I've got 3 pcn from Parking Eye, made appeal to all 3, one was cancelled one unsuccessful and one appeal was made on 21.04 and 2 months later still no answer from them. Their answer was... We can't do anything about it...

Quick question - although its not parking eyes usual stomping ground, is this a residential ticket picked up from a residential site?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If they genuinely have a listing of who did enter their details on that day and your car was missing, then I have to ask "How did other vehicles manage to enter their details successfully". If they used the other terminal to the broken one and you didn't try there, then you are on very, very shaky ground."

However, you would need some proof of the fact that one was working. So check with Reception.

If both were out, then you need to challenge their contract with the landowner to see if they are obligated to provide working terminals or an alternative method of giving details
  • Yes it is residential car park. There are 2 blocks of flats with only one terminal inside one of the buildings. As a visitor we allow to stay there 4 hours free of charge. Any resident who lives in those flats are allowed to have 2 cars on that car park, first one its free and for the second is 30 pounds charge per year.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Right, so the residents have paid for a licence to park. Who do they pay?

But your car was visiting?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • They only paying for second car, payments going to Estate Agents. Just spoke to my sister. There is second terminal in other building, but to gain entry into that building i need to have code for intercom.....
  • Coupon-mad
    ''Impossible for an authorised visitor to comply with the contract'' then, would be one argument.

Read PACE v Lengyel, transcript from the other week, hosted by the Parking Prankster under his case law pages. It's similar in that respect and similar in that the permits were not offered by the parking firm. Lots of similarities, and a very nicely paced and explained decision by the Judge.

It's only a county court decision, not actual case law really, but Judges do usually read such transcripts, and it helps steer them!
  • Guys_Dad
    First Post Combo Breaker
    They only paying for second car, payments going to Estate Agents. Just spoke to my sister. There is second terminal in other building, but to gain entry into that building i need to have code for intercom.....

That is a vital point and you will need to make a point of demanding what % of motorists used that building during the 2 weeks you say the other terminal was not working.

I agree with c-m that you have a very realistic appeal point now that we have established that you could not have used the 2nd terminal.
  • My sister friend used this car park on 7.04.2017 received PCN and Parking Eye accept his explanation of faulty system, I've parked there on 06.04.2017 and appeal rejected, its so frustrating �� �� �� ��
  • Coupon-mad
    Yep, that sums up parking firms, unfair, inconsistent, bullying and a total waste of space.
  • Guys_Dad
    First Post Combo Breaker
    My sister friend used this car park on 7.04.2017 received PCN and Parking Eye accept his explanation of faulty system, I've parked there on 06.04.2017 and appeal rejected, its so frustrating �� �� �� ��

If you have in writing from your sister's case that they acknowledge faulty equipment, then that, too, should be incorporated into your appeal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure