Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I am on Naproxen at the moment. It has made a difference as I was on ibruferen (spelling), before and it only took the edge off.
    I am going to try to reduce from 3 to 2 in a day and see if I can as I hate that I am back on tablets.
    I need to get my head back into a positive way so that I can be strong enough to do it all on my own again.
    Takings were lower today which is normal, but there was quite a few new people in. They were asking about jobs for the future and buying haberdashery. I've only taken £91 today but I have hope that it is on the up and up.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Woken to a pym notice when DS paid over his rent. Really pleased with the way he is keeping it up especially as he has lost his job. I know the GF is still working at a school but will not have been paid yet. I have told him to demand a p45 as the guy was intending keeping him on the book for three months and just not giving him any shifts. I told him that he needed the p45 now to prove that he is not earning and can adjust his applications accordingly for benefits etc. He doesn't get much luck on the work front, so I have told him to turn this into an opportunity to look for a job in another field and aim for a morning job if she has an afternoon one, as they still have the toddler to care for.
    I am wondering if my missing delivery will arrive today.
    I better get dgd up and go for my shower, I have been awake for an hour already and no idea how that time has flown by already. Mind you I have had a cuppa and used my SAD lamp for 20 minutes and moved the money around etc.
    So not the end of the world. Right shower Moo! Move!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Well the missing delivery arrived yesterday afternoon. I interviewed and hired a lady for sewing part time, I had some of the stitches removed from my gum/lip area when I went back to the dentist and he said things are heeling nicely. I have to wait until June for the actual teeth to be made for the space above the implant but I am hoping that I will have it done by Biggest's wedding.
    We took £135 for the day, and I sold a thread from the new stand straight away which was a small thrill.
    On the down side DS was out of food and Down to 3 nappies. So he asked for a food parcel. Now normally I would raid my Armageddon cupboard and dig deep into the freezer but I was waiting for my deliveries and the cupboard was not going to yeild much so I ended up in Tesco and spent just less than £40. ( not much less than the rent he had given me the day before!)
    I am trying not to worry about that and praying that I will be able to sort my own funds out again and that he will get a job. He has applied for a job in the local pub yesterday when he saw new people moving in. I am hoping for all the good vibes to resonate in his direction and lift him a little.
    The house was reasonably tidy but still needs a good vacuum and sweeping again. I pointed it out and he said he would do it after I left. At least I was able to have a cup of tea and sit down.
    I feel quite sad that my grandson doesn't really know me and he will be 2 soon.
    Today is my day to help mum etc so I better get my act together and get dressed. Dgd and I have been having a battle to get her ready for school today and I feel weiry already
  • Savvy_sewing
    Today has been very different to the plan. But for me I suppose that it is not a surprise. I struggled with dgd before school and lost my temper and screamed at her to get ready for school. I wanted to sit down and chill before I went anywhere but Biggest was waiting at My Mum's with the grandson so I had to go there. I left fog here and arrived in glorious sunshine 12 miles away.
    We sat in the garden having tea so I did get to chill, in fact her partner joined us all at Lunchtime as he'd been for a job interview and had the day off, so we took advantage of the Sun and had lunch at a local pub with a playground for dgs. It was very nice and Mum had her first ever drive in a convertible with the roof down.
    I didn't get much housework done though!
    I went to cut the lawn but I was out of luck as the mower started to smell of burning as soon as I fired it up so that was off. I am going to have to get a new mower I think. Not a great start to the sunny days then.
    But it is a lovely day and I am not going to let the mower dampen my good mood.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You could put a wee add on your local freecycle/FB page for a mower?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    not your mower too mooloo, today was clearly the day for them. my dad came over to cut my grass as hes fab like that but mine jammed up and burnt out a couple of passes from the end, i've added it to my list of things i need but don't want to be getting
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Savvy_sewing
    My daughter's partner is going to take a look at the mower and see if he can fix it. I think that I may actually have the old one still at the back of the shed, I will look tonight after work. At least we get home in the light now.
    BF came over last night after all, but he didn't eat. I had a courgette, hallumi and cuscus dinner which had various spices and pastes unpronounceable and I really enjoyed it. Removing the stitches on Tuesday has made a huge difference to being able to eat.
    The next few days our routine is going to be jumbled up as BFs son is coming up to stay before he starts his new job in London, so BF is staying at his and there is no room for us at his, (well dgd anyway).
    It will give me the opportunity to potter tonight as I didn't really manage to yesterday. Having made the most of the weather instead.
    DGDs school trip is coming up fast, and then our holiday to Portugal is only 3 days later. I have to look at the paperwork and see what I need to do, I have to think about the drive and parking, transfers and if I have enough to hire a car when we are out there. I can't remember what I had booked or not, as we booked it such a while ago.
    I have mentioned to BF that when I get back I would like to go to Cornwall to see twin 2, if he fancies accompanying me for the weekend, he is thinking about it. Dgd will be with her Mum.
    I have a lot to do today at work so I am hoping that I can get my head down and have few interruptions and make a good dent in the list.
    I am also thinking of what to let the new lady loose on on the first day she starts and may very well get her to alter a few things of mine before I let her loose on customers things. I have a maxi dress that is too long and a coat sleeves too.
    Right thoughts started, bank balance checked, savings moved about, and email read. Tea drunk, time to move.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Glad you've found a sewing lady, Mooloo. I hope she'll work out well.

Meanwhile, not long until Portugal which will do you good :j i hope you have good weather while you're there.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Glad you've found a sewing lady, Mooloo. I hope she'll work out well.

Meanwhile, not long until Portugal which will do you good :j i hope you have good weather while you're there.

Echoed by me:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    My day didn't go to plan, I struggled with all the jobs for some reason. I stayed until 5.30 but was tempted to go home at 4pm
    But I didn't. I am tired and I think I need an early night.
    On the plus side my mouth is much better and I actually enjoyed my meal tonight.
    I have had a message from school inviting me to assembly on Monday as dgd is getting an award. So I will have to attend that!
    My new sewing machine for home has arrived but I haven't opened it yet. My hands hurt today. Maybe in the morning before school.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure