Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Comments

• Hi, right at Imag-e-nation they have ATC boxes, which are the same boxes that CWC use, think they were either 3 for £1 or 5 for £1, I am trying to find them on the website if I can then I will send a link.

Edit - This is the kind of thing here this is what the card candy store is like at CWC ...

If you prefer something a little prettier then look at the smaller RUBs, something like this

Ooh thanks, I will have a look.
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    I am so sorry I keep going AWOL, real life has just so got in the way of my crafting, and I haven’t made any for weeks :(.

Whilst the kids and OH are watching football, I finally get a chance to catch up with the thread, and read back a few pages.

Welcome to all the recent newbies, and hugs to anyone who needs one.

:TCongratulations to any recent winners :T

Marg, hope your eyes are ok. I’m really sorry that I haven’t had a chance to enter your challenge on here. I did hope to get some cards, made last weekend but didn’t manage it, and I’m not going to have a chance to make one before the challenge finishes. Glad to hear your cat is OK today.

Paddington – glad your boss behaved herself this morning – can’t believe that they are making you go in for ½ an hour on your day when you work from home that is just ridiculous.

Louby – sorry about the playground bullies. I don’t understand the mentality of some of the mums at schools, and their need to be in ‘clicky’ groups. Hope the digs at you on FB stop.

Mary-op – hope things went ok for you today with your bone scan.

Well done on your card order from your Dad Rusty – think you are on to a winner there. Hope your finger heals up really soon.

Rainmac – hope your OH has a good birthday on Sunday, and you manage to have a fab day out. Do you have your recipe for rocky road please? I’ve got some friends coming over on Friday to celebrate my birthday, and would love to make something different. Thanksxx

Fab card by your grand daughter Pennib.

Can’t believe that it is a year since Carly’s op, that has gone so fast, and am glad she is doing so well. How’s Alicia doing since her treatment in the USA?

PepPop – love your other blog, the pram and box are gorgeous, but sorry no idea what you should charge.

As of Friday, I maybe able to keep up a bit more when I am at work, as after almost 3 months in my new job, I think I’m finally getting my very own desk; pc and phone. Been waiting for BT to come and install another line in the office.

Really love my new job, but have had to question my last couple of payslips, as I seem to have been paid a lot less than I was expecting. Thought it was maybe to do with my giving my P45 to the finance guy 7 weeks after I started, but when I asked today, I was told that although my contract says I work 25 hours a week, over 5 days, I am actually being paid for 20 hours a week over 5 days, because the finance guy has assumed that I would be taking a 1 hour lunch break per day, and because no one gets paid for lunch hours he has reduce my paid hours to 20. Really gutted because if I was told that I would be expected to do 20 hours a week over 5 days I would not have taken the job, as the pay cut from my last couple of jobs was just too great. They have promised to sort it out, but I am of the opinion that I signed a contract for 25 hours so that is what I should get paid for, and I have never taken a lunch hour since I started in November. Hopefully, they will back date the money they owe me for they hours they should have been paying me, but if they don’t then I want time off in lieu to cover the hours I have done, that would equate to an extra 13 days holiday this year, which with having 2 kids would certainly come in handy. I guess i’ll find out tomorrow what they are going to do about the mistake they have made.

I’ll try to catch up with blogs over the next couple of days.

Hugs to all

xx
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Mad-Frog
    Mad-Frog Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    CT If your HR is anything like my HR you will get a different answer from whoever you ask, if your contract is for 25 hours then you should be paid for 25 hours, i.e if you had an hour lunch then that would be unpaid and you would work 30 hours? 'I think' Ask someone else!!

Stoopid question alert!! :o

All my stamps are [STRIKE]arranged perfectly![/STRIKE] crammed in a drawer, do any of you arrange your stamps by make? etc and if so how do you do it? I just spent about twenty minutes trying to find a stamp I want, thinking about [STRIKE]stealing[/STRIKE] 'borrowing' some clear folders from work but if you lovely people have some better ideas??
  • CT19720
    Thanks Mad-Frog - that what I thought. The finance guy, and my boss were going to discuss it with the Executive Director, so guess will get an answer tomorrow. Interestingly enough though, we had a new girl start on Monday, and I know for a fact that her contract states she is employed for 37.5 hours for xx amount of money. It certainly doesn't say she is employed for 42.5 hours, but will only get paid for 37.5 because of the 1 hour lunch hour she gets each day, so why would mine be interpreted any different (shruggy shoulder thingy). Oh I know why, it is because I am part-time! I have also worked part-time long enough to know that if you work under 6 hours you are not entitled to a lunch hour anyway. Hey ho - will see what they have to say tomorrow.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Rusty thanks for that link, I have ordered the pack of 25!! Not sure what I'm gonna do with them all yet lol The DST I use on my boxes is the reinforced stuff I get for the ATG its brilliant, the stuff I used on that card was from Craft Creations. I used to share an order with my friend cos the postage is steep plus if you bulk buy you get discounts.
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Mad-Frog wrote: »
    CT If your HR is anything like my HR you will get a different answer from whoever you ask, if your contract is for 25 hours then you should be paid for 25 hours, i.e if you had an hour lunch then that would be unpaid and you would work 30 hours? 'I think' Ask someone else!!

CT19720 wrote: »
    Thanks Mad-Frog - that what I thought. The finance guy, and my boss were going to discuss it with the Executive Director, so guess will get an answer tomorrow. Interestingly enough though, we had a new girl start on Monday, and I know for a fact that her contract states she is employed for 37.5 hours for xx amount of money. It certainly doesn't say she is employed for 42.5 hours, but will only get paid for 37.5 because of the 1 hour lunch hour she gets each day, so why would mine be interpreted any different (shruggy shoulder thingy). Oh I know why, it is because I am part-time! I have also worked part-time long enough to know that if you work under 6 hours you are not entitled to a lunch hour anyway. Hey ho - will see what they have to say tomorrow.
    I do the wages where I work and if you are contracted for 25 hrs then you would get paid for 25hrs you get paid teabreaks depending on how many hrs you workbut if you was to have a lunch hour that is unpaid. Hope you get it sorted
  • CT . Hope you get things sorted at work. If they'd paid you an hour a day too much they'd make sure you gave it back.

The last year has certainly gone fast . I can't believe it's 12 months since carlys op either . The big man sees her again tomorrow so we should know how well she's doing then.

Alicia seems to be doing ok at the moment fingers crossed . Her tumour is still there but isn't growing again which is what they hoped for. . Unfortunately though she keeps getting cysts right on and by the tumour which puts pressure on it so they have to drain the cysts then it doesn't disturb it. She's fine in herself at the moment though. she started school in september and she loves it.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • CT19720
    CT . Hope you get things sorted at work. If they'd paid you an hour a day too much they'd make sure you gave it back.

The last year has certainly gone fast . I can't believe it's 12 months since carlys op either . The big man sees her again tomorrow so we should know how well she's doing then.

Alicia seems to be doing ok at the moment fingers crossed . Her tumour is still there but isn't growing again which is what they hoped for. . Unfortunately though she keeps getting cysts right on and by the tumour which puts pressure on it so they have to drain the cysts then it doesn't disturb it. She's fine in herself at the moment though. she started school in september and she loves it.

Thanks for the update on Alicia - glad to hear she is doing ok for the time being - fingers and toes crossed that things stay that way for her.

Thanks for the advice re hours/pay - looking forward to seeing what they tell me tomorrow. To be honest I am fully expecting them to agree that the finance guy has made a mistake, and from now on I will be paid my correct salary for 25 hours, and that they will back date the payment from when I started in November. Don't really think they will try to wriggle out of it as my contract has been signed by them and me. The £3,000 that I am being underpaid per year, will buy an awful lot of stash when I go to the states in the summer, so it has a plus side :rotfl::rotfl:.
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Rusty OUCH!! How's your finger now?

Marg I can see why you wanted that one - it's so cute!

Rainmac your soup sounds scrummy

Padster No bears - now I really am worried about you :eek: Glad you got on OK today, hope tomorrow goes just as well.

vicklspence - we have loads of those business card boxes kicking about my work (like the ones Rusty showed you from ebay) if you want I could send you a couple (I'm sure my boss wouldn't mind) - we don't use them anymore apart from keeping paperclips etc in. If you don't mind second hand that is. Let me know

CT :j:j :T:T Your own desk and pc :T:T:j:j How do you cope without one just now - I'd be lost without mine, I've got square eyes cos I'm on my comp from 9 - 5 every day. Hope you get your pay sorted tomorrow. I would have thought if your contract says 25 then you get paid 25 - well that how I do it anyway (shruggy shoulder thingy)

craftygranny
    Thanks for the update on Alicia - you've got very brave little girls there

Dragonllew Any word back yet about your OH?

Well I bit the bullet, worked out my costs and added on some and sent off the email (I did check with my sis first as she knows her as to whether she thought she would be willing to pay it) so fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure