~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Options

Comments

• Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello eveyone -glad you all had good time.

Thanks for staring this off again Elyssia.

Cha - that was lucky finding the diamond the way you did.

Rufus - glad you got your new laptop.

Welcome to all the newbies. This is my first full year so I am going to be really optimistic with the totals I want.

All I need to do now is to find out how to get the little comments at the bottom of each post I make so I can update each month.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone

Hi to all the newbies, lovely to see so many of you joining in xx

We have had another lovely day today, only just got in and I am tired out. I forgot to say I got a kindle as well yesterday so I have been having a go on that sorting it out and playing about with it.

I am hoping to get up the town in the next few days, not sure when Card Factory will be open again as I also want to get some wrapping paper and my personal cards for the family. I have a voucher for New Look too so I might be able to get something in their sale.

Michelle, so lucky about your ring and the diamond. I did the same once with some diamond earrings, I lost one out of my ear and was getting myself in a state, we looked everywhere for days and I was frightened to hoover up anywhere, then one day there it was sitting in the middle of the carpet plain as anything.
  • Savvybunny2009
    Options
    Hi everyone, that's Christmas finished for another year and I have to say I am glad, been quite emotional for dd with all the toys and loads of family to see but we did it, and all money neutral. I got my lovely MAc makeup and lots of other bits and bobs, my brother gave us a boots giftcard but the silly sod didn't tell up how much it was for lol, will have to pop instore to check.

Emma it's funny you say that, dd had baby annabell and the arms make a horrid grindy noise, its supposed to giggle and laugh and it doesn't and it's suppose dto be rocked and patted to sleep but it doesn't either :( It feeds ok but is very difficult to get the bottle in for my dd. It was only £20 odd quid and use a voucher but still pretty annoyed it doesn't do all it's supposed to. Can't find the receipt but I have a feeling there will be a few annoyed parents with this one.

Fab about the laptop Rufus, you truly deserve it you worked so hard all year and great news about the cushion :)

Glad baby stayed put Nicky, I hope baby arrives soon for you xx

Thank goodness you found the diamond michelle, that is the expensive part. I think it wont cost to much to reset it in a new ring. Hope you get it sorted ad not too expensive x

We are also under a mound of boxes but that's just it, they are just boxes I have space in my house again! Hurray! The sales haven't taken my fancy, and have had no urge to buy anything this year. Will be ordering a few bits for dd from next but that's about it, my younger sister wants me to take her sale shopping in a few days so will see what's about. I don't know if it's just me but even 50% off doesn't tempt except clothing but waiting on my vouchers to arrive before the big splurge.

I have learnt that I don't need random junk or presents laying around the house anymore so I am only buying what we need. I surprisingly have a good stash of presents for next year currently going on and a few I will regift from this year. I would love a cipy of the spreadsheet too if that would be ok.

Welcome all newocmers, lovely to have you on board and please do post and join in, it does help I promise.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone :D
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Bendy - there should be a guide in the first couple of posts. Basically write down everything you would like to know before you buy something. It has to be over 150 words, or it doesn't count. The best advice to give, would be take some time to read some reviews before you actually write something. There are good and bad ones, but you'll soon see what standard to have to be. It's easier than explaining. It's tough for the first month (You have a white dot to tell everyone you're a newbie on Chow, and a blue banner on DooU). People aren't very friendly when you are new, as they are frightened of revenge raters. Stick with it, and it can be a nice little earner. ;)

Last year (2010) I made £85 from writing reviews. Since May I've made - £330.78 and that was a half hearted attempt here and there when I felt like it.

Hiya Mum2three - I'm glad you've found us. Welcome back for another huge money making year. :D
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • jean16
    jean16 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    hiya all,
    after lurking last year i would like to join in this year please:D , how do i get a spreadsheet thanks
  • elysia2003
    Options
    Hi Jean - if you pm me your email address, I can send you the spreadsheet. :)

Welcome to Thrifty Gifty - we are all here to help each other.
  • elysia2003
    Options
    Karoner - Do you mean the bit at the bottom where I have Thrifty gifty and I love MSE? If you go into User CP on the green strip at the top, you can add it there. I could send you the spreadsheet if you'd like? You add any money earned, and it will total it all up for you monthly, and over the year.

It also has a present list, how much things cost, and how much you've saved, and it will work out whether you are money neutral or not at the end. :D

Rufus - Woohoo I've love my Kindle. I asked Dad for a new one for Christmas, because I lost mine, and last week I found it. Next free listing day, the older one is going on Ebay. I don't need two. :)
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Karoner - Do you mean the bit at the bottom where I have Thrifty gifty and I love MSE? If you go into User CP on the green strip at the top, you can add it there. I could send you the spreadsheet if you'd like? You add any money earned, and it will total it all up for you monthly, and over the year.

It also has a present list, how much things cost, and how much you've saved, and it will work out whether you are money neutral or not at the end. :D

Thanks - You have sent me the spread sheet so I have already made a list of the sites I am on and the people I will be buying for.

You are right about the details I want to put in so I will have a try now. I am going to be optimistic about what I want to make so I am sort of prepared for not doing as well but I can but try

Thanks
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • jollymummy
    Options
    Hi can I join in please? we're having a lovely Christmas but had a mad last minute panic, so I'd love to be more prepared next year.
    Would you email me the spreadsheet please. Many thanks and Happy Christmas everyone !!!
    :hello:
    NSD 3/366
    4/366. 2016 Decluttering challenge
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    Cha - lucky about the diamond.

Elysia - I got my youngest a dressing gown at matalan all pink and fluffy and I have just ordered my niece one off tesco site reduced from £11 to £3.50! Won't buy too much in advance for my eldest as she is 5 next birthday and I can't say what character things she will like this year it has all been Peppa Pig but it changes so quickly.

So far I have 2 lots of pjs, a top, sum trousers and a dressing gown for my youngest, a top for my eldest, a dressing gown for my niece and a sanctary set for the smil so considering it was only xmas yesterday I think i have a good head start on next year!!
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport