nt tax code ....

i was declared bankrupt in august due to erratic behaviour when i get so low due to a disorder i have.skip few months and ipa was set up and a nt tax code applied .awaiting instructions from trustee took almost 3months and at Christmas my lpartner left with kids so i delved back into my low mindset and spent the money from the nt tax code.now i have had contact how to pay the money owed but i have now spent it.i just wondered what will happen...legal action?? massive smack on wrist i have pleaded to do all overtime i can as a gesture so they will receive over double original ipa.any advice appreciated

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to hear life has been such a rough ride for you. You need to contact your OR and talk to them. Legal action is always a possibility but if there is nothing to recover from you - they may decide there isn't much point but a BRO is a strong possibility as is suspension of your auto discharge. The collectors will probably make some sort of payment plan with you. Just because you spent it doesn't mean you wont have to pay it back.
    Talk to the OR.
  • appreciate the reply i have emailed but always takes so long for reply so was hoping to get some opinions etc to put mind at rest.yeah there is nothing to take at mo.im paying 176 ipa and 507 for nt tax code.but as i pleaded if i work overtime which i know i wont keep any of the money they will get 1300 nt tax code and 850 ipa as a gesture.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure