Reused unfranked stamps

Options
I need to post an item but just found out I have a next daydelivery stamp for up to 500g. I wonder whether I can still use and sellotape over it. I will need to take it over the counter shall I ask can first. Indonjotbwant to risk the item not being delivered. Thanks

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    loulou41 wrote: »
    I need to post an item but just found out I have a next daydelivery stamp for up to 500g. I wonder whether I can still use and sellotape over it. I will need to take it over the counter shall I ask can first. Indonjotbwant to risk the item not being delivered. Thanks

I'm sorry but I have not come across a next day delivery stamp and don't know what it is. Whenever I use special delivery they either print off a label with all the details or if I go to the mail centre they just give me enough normal postage stamps to cover the cost.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't think you can sellotape over any sort of postage stamp
  • Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Reusing an unfranked stamp is fraud.

If you take it to the counter they'll refuse it unless you pay for postage if the stamp used is unacceptable.

If you send it without going over the counter I think they will expect the receiver to pay to get it due to no postage if the stamp is not accepted.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks I think I better bin it as next day delivery has been replaced by special delivery it must be ancient.
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it a dated postage label? If so, then I think you can't use it at a later date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure