Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    The fact that you can laugh at yourself shows that you don't need to change your personality.

Completely agree with that ellsbel. It sounds like the people you encountered were a bit bitter about something and taking it out on you. How rude!

I use the purple shampoo and conditioner too and in between I have John Frieda blonde lightening shampoo and conditioner. So all designed to preserve my highlights. If you look at this youtube clip
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSK9UqB4Ug0
    it shows you how to use the Rimmel brow kit. Don't be put off by the young girl, she does a good job. She uses a highlighter pen under her eyebrows. At the moment I'm using up a liquid (Benefit High Beam). I just put a few dots under my brows and blend it in to the brow bone. I sometimes use it on my cheekbones too. There are loads of video clips on youtube to show you how. When the liquid is used I'm thinking of getting a pen.

I like the sound of last night's outfit. I hope you had a good time. My Raybans have been out in force this week too.:cool:

I can't say I'm surprised at Wayne's behaviour sugar. While he's generous with his money and works hard for it there is an element of expecting men and women to behave in a 1950s sort of way. I admire you for sticking to your principles. I know I'm fortunate that my DH and I are on the same wavelength (probably why he's my DH) but I wouldn't sacrifice my principles just to be a couple.

You're being equally choosy too indie. Enjoy your dates and what will be will be.:)

Good news that weight has only stalled. I'm sure you'll get back to a steady loss by taking your meal planning back in hand. I really believe that's the answer TF. I don't find it tedious. It saves me time to just do a quick plan, shop quickly to my list and then I don't have to think about it for another week. My plan is flexible as I make sure I have some HM ready meals in the freezer for busy days.

I'm meant to be seeing friends for a quick pub meal this evening. It's bright here and relatively warm. I might just wear dark denim jeans and my Jack Wills sweatshirt with the lacy sleeves. As I'm driving I can always stick a jacket in the car in case it gets cold later. I seem to be full of aches and pains this week. mainly a tension headache at the base of my neck but I've nothing really to be tense about! Probably best to put some slap on (artfully of course:)), go out and take my mind off things.

Hope the sun is shining on you all.:)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's a tricky one for sure Sugar whilst it's obvious that you have a real connection and enjoy each other's company it does sound like Wayne is unwilling to compromise? You do strike me as a very independent lady, unwilling and rightly so to settle for second best.

How rude Ellsbel :( very much their problem and not yours imho.

Indie interesting what you said about the effects of quick weight loss on your face, this time last year I did the BSD and lost 26lbs in just 8 weeks. The weight loss was fab but despite drinking a lot of water my skin became very dry and felt 'saggy'. I have since put some of the weight back, about half a stone, but this time I am very much aware that the loss should be permanent and a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix.

It's a warm, sunny afternoon here in EA, am meeting an ex work colleague for a cuppa and a chat soon at a cafe in a local farm shop, not sure if we will sit outside so will take a jacket just in case, I am wearing a red/white Breton 3/4 sleeve top with boyfriend jeans and red superga trainers, casual but hopefully chic.
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2017 at 6:57PM
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words ladies, and for posting that link, Maman:)
    Later this evening I'll have a look at that - I do have a brow kit but haven't been brave enough to use it yet. Hope you feel better soon.
    Indie which salon firming treatment do you have? I bought one of those face firming gadgets a few months back but have yet to create a daily routine of using it - I've been so busy lately, so not a very mse purchase so far!
    Had a really nice evening last night; we saw Carousel and although I wasn't blown away by the production, there were some great vocal performances, and it was nice to spend a bit of quality time together.
    OH had today off so we took the dog for a lovely walk through some nearby National Trust woods/gardens; stunning views and a glorious day:)
    We had lunch in the garden when we got back, which made a nice change.
    Going to have a relaxed evening tonight - just going to do dinner and a little ironing first. Have a good evening everyone:)
  • indiepanda
    indiepanda Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Indie interesting what you said about the effects of quick weight loss on your face, this time last year I did the BSD and lost 26lbs in just 8 weeks. The weight loss was fab but despite drinking a lot of water my skin became very dry and felt 'saggy'. I have since put some of the weight back, about half a stone, but this time I am very much aware that the loss should be permanent and a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix.

Oh don't get me wrong, what I have done is a lifestyle change, just quite a dramatic one at first so it's had a speedy effect - wasn't as rapid as your 26lbs though - taken me over three months to lose that much. Friends, co workers, my hairdresser and beautician are all commenting on how well I look, skin is generally looking healthier (I have been asked if I have been on holiday) and it wasn't bad before. It's just I have a small patch (I'd say about an inch square) under my chin where the skin looks a bit loose - like it's got tiny little folds across it - I suspect I am the only one that even notices it, but I want to nip it in the bud before it gets any worse. It's always been my big fear - losing weight in middle age leading to looking like a deflated balloon where skin hasn't gone back with the flesh.
    Ellsbel wrote: »
    Indie which salon firming treatment do you have? I bought one of those face firming gadgets a few months back but have yet to create a daily routine of using it - I've been so busy lately, so not a very mse purchase so far!

I haven't had it yet, will start from my next facial in June. It's the Guinot Hydralift I am having, I've been having Guinot hydradermie facials for years and never found any other facial to beat them for effectiveness. Booked a course of 7 treatments, once a week (bar one when I am on holiday). Will let you know how I get on. I've been using a manual facial massager from Sarah Chapman in the meantime that I got in Space NK.

http://www.sarahchapman.net/facialift/

Not sure it is helping with the loose skin but it feels nice and does get the blood flow going as mentioned in her description.

Date number 2 with the chap I met last week tonight. We're meeting for cocktails and then going to a comedy night. Looking forward to it although I think I will be on the caffeine today to make sure I am perky enough for it - been out the last two nights too. Wednesday was my usual Ceroc class and last night I went for dinner with a female friend and then to see "Their Finest" at the cinema, which was very good although the ending was a bit unexpected. I get a lie in tomorrow anyway, thank goodness.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    happy fab friday

I was looking forward to having a nice relaxed Friday where I didn't have to do anything, having has something to do every Friday for the past few months. My sister wasn't feeling well today, so didn't go to work and decided to hang around at mine and drag me to town to meet some family for lunch. I had a nice time, so I can't complain.

I've had to reschedule my trip to Go Ape with OH, as something at work has come up on the day I'd booked off. It's a sensitive matter, so I offered to help. Luckily, Go Ape let me reschedule, so I'll just swap my days over.

indie pleased you have date no2 booked. How exciting.

[ellsbel pleased those comments didn't get you down.

lainey well done on your weightloss.
  • indiepanda
    indiepanda Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well date no 2 was really good. We met at 6:30, went for cocktails, then went to the comedy club, then to Chinatown for a late dinner, then to the pub for a last drink before he walked me to the bus stop about 12:30.

Still due to meet the other chap for a drink next Wednesday but have deleted the dating app off my phone (having got Wednesday's phone number first) as I am busy enough over coming weeks that I really don't need to go lining up more dates. If things don't work out with either of these guys I will get back on the site then. But it takes time sifting through the odd ball messages to find the odd normal guy and there's no point doing that if you don't have time to date them.

Just this week I had one guy message asking if I was a domme (I had to google it to confirm my answer was no!) and another whose opening gambit was that he wanted me to be the mother of his children. I pointed out that was a very odd message to send to a 44 year old whose profile says she doesn't want kids and he just replied saying "do you think we could be happy together without children". I use the "block" option a lot on the app!!!

Off to a comedy night tonight with my friends and out for a hike with a different set of friends tomorrow. This afternoon I am hoping to get a nap - my fitbit is telling me I've averaged just over 5 hours sleep a night the last few nights and I think I need to catch up a bit!

Have a fab weekend all.
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Glad the date went well, Indie, and hope you had a good evening with your friends. Enjoy the hike:).
    Chanie sorry you've had to reschedule Go Ape; hope the work matter is quickly resolved.
    Had the gels removed from my nails yesterday - I've had two consecutive gel manicures now so had decided to give my nails a break for a bit; they feel very dry and brittle though, so I'm going to cut them short and file them and see if I can bring them back to life by moisturising them with almond oil.
    Not much happening here this weekend; the weather can't seem to make up its' mind at the moment, but if the rain holds off I may plant up some summer bulbs in the garden. I'll either pop to the gym or go for a brisk walk at some point too.
    Have a good day everyone:)
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Indie I am so glad that your 2nd date went well. I hope your 1st date on Wednesday with the other man goes really well

Hello Ladies,

I went to the pub last night for a night of dancing. I made the effort to paint my nails with gold nail polish. I put a clear nail polish on first to act as an undercoat. I also painted my two big toe nails. I am really disappointed that the gold nail polish is so badly chipped this morning, that I am going to have to remove it.

I met Wayne at the pub. He was playing dominoes for money when I arrived and seemed more interested in doing that, than spending time with me. After losing enough money to get him to stop, he finally came to spend time with me an hour after I had arrived at the pub. I just let it go, because I had been enjoying myself dancing on my own. Yet he then spent the evening trying to provoke an argument with me, but I would not rise to the bait. My friend Antoinette was also at the pub, so I was thankful to have time to speak to her and have a laugh with her. This stopped the evening from being a negative experience. I am not going to let Wayne stop me from having good nights out in the pub. He was in a bad mood because of the money he had lost but I was not going to let him take it out on me.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good for you, Sugarbaby
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    Ellsbel …. I h6ope that you don’t some small minded individuals change your outlook or personality. I find people who are jealous of you try to put you down. It shows their lack of manners and professionalism. Some people glory in pulling outs down, keep your head high and keep smiling.

Maman … good tip on the meal planning.

laineyT …. Your outfit sounded really chic, I hope that you had a nice time, well done with the weigt loss

chanie …. It was a pity that you had to change the go ape day but I sure that your swapping the day in work was really appreciated.

Indie ….. I am glad that everything is going well and you are having a good time

Sugar….. glad you had an overall good time and did not rise to the bait. Hopefully it was a blip due to the loss of money.

I have been super busy and I have frightened myself into eating better and seem to have lost the swelling on my stomach. When I eat rubbish I seem to swell up, so I have to eat better, 90 percent of the time constantly. I was relieved when I could fit into a dress I tried on earlier this week that made me look like a sausage. More veg and avoiding processed food is key for me.

So today I went shopping and it was like the shopping centre was having a secret sale. It was so busy I just turned on my heel and aimed for the exit. I needed nothing to endure the queues. Tonight will be a face mask and pamper night
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure