PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is it possible to find out who is the landlord of a property?

Apologies first as I'm not sure this is in the right place, please feel free to move if need be.

Basically the question says it all. In our street there is a family who are causing havoc and we need to find out who the landlord of the property is.

We have a rough idea but not sure what he is called and how to get in contact with him. :confused:

Anybody any ideas? Would be very grateful! :beer:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I don't think that the LL is your correct route to remedy this problem but, if the LL can be identified, I'd expect the Land Registry to be involved.

:)

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,934 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    download the deeds from the land registry website for £3.

They should name the landlord but may well give the address as the proprty concerned. you could try b4usearch.com to find an address if you know a name+ area.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You can pay £3 to the land registry & find out who the owner of the property is.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • Guy_Montag
    Guy_Montag Posts: 2,291 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Actually the LL is responsible for their tenants behaviour!!

tee hee

Land reg is a good start.
    "Mrs. Pench, you've won the car contest, would you like a triumph spitfire or 3000 in cash?" He smiled.
    Mrs. Pench took the money. "What will you do with it all? Not that it's any of my business," he giggled.
    "I think I'll become an alcoholic," said Betty.
  • Guy_Montag wrote: »
    Actually the LL is responsible for their tenants behaviour!!

tee hee

He may be responsible for dealing with unruly tenants but that is hardly the same thing.

The owner may not necessarily be the LL (albeit likely that he is).

:)

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • Thanks everyone, will have to get onto this and get it sorted!

I knew I could rely on you all!!!!:beer: :T
  • thesaint
    thesaint Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why don't you just get the council to deal with it?
    Well life is harsh, hug me don't reject me.
  • BTman
    BTman Posts: 354 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Or the police...
  • tucbiscuit
    tucbiscuit Posts: 228 Forumite
    the police aren't interested in bad neighbours, especially if you live in a built up area/city/town as if they went out to every bad neighbour they would never have time for anything else

I do feel sorry for you having a terrible family nearby as I used to have one next door and it is really unpleasant.
  • tucbiscuit wrote: »
    the police aren't interested in bad neighbours, especially if you live in a built up area/city/town as if they went out to every bad neighbour they would never have time for anything else

I do feel sorry for you having a terrible family nearby as I used to have one next door and it is really unpleasant.

I used to have bad neighbours next door too and they made my life a misery so much that I actually moved.

At least this family are down the road!

The police haven't shown much interest even though these people have robbed the next door neighbours house by getting in through the loft area!:mad:

We are getting a petition together to give to the council to see if this will help!

The land registry was useless, this didnt have anyone registered as the owner, so for all we know these people may be living/renting illegally!:confused:

Again thanks for all your help an support!:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport