How can I get a Costco card?

How can I get a costco card if I am not self/employed or work for an eligible organisation? I have been once with someone and liked some of their stuff.

A colleague at work told me they are sold on Ebay for often 3 times the cost, but dont trust it.

If anyone has any ideas or hints please please please let me know would love to go again

Comments

• marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,925
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you have a friend who is a member ask them if you can have a card on their account. When it comes up for renewal, Costco will let you have your own account. I signed up a friend this way.
  • I cant help the OP but wondered what you liked? I think most things are cheaper in a supermarket bar some tinned goods and soft drinks

I got a card about 6 months ago but am going to cancel before year end and get my membership fee back
  • zee1980 wrote: »
    How can I get a costco card if I am not self/employed or work for an eligible organisation? I have been once with someone and liked some of their stuff.

A colleague at work told me they are sold on Ebay for often 3 times the cost, but dont trust it.

If anyone has any ideas or hints please please please let me know would love to go again

As far as I know any-one can join its just more expensive and you get different hours I think its after 12pm instead of 10.am hope this helps. You could always ring them .
    SEALED POT CHALLANGE No 021 2013 Saved £2570:j:j:j
    Roadkill live too near Sparky to ever get any:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Just polishing my stars:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • PixiePie
    PixiePie Posts: 875 Forumite
    As far as I know any-one can join its just more expensive and you get different hours I think its after 12pm instead of 10.am hope this helps. You could always ring them .

You do have to be an employee of certain people if you're not Trade (ie self employed) things like a teacher/doctor/lawyer etc - I initially joined as I was a teacher, and had to take a letter from the LEA saying they employed me (you have to be a state teacher I think, not private school, but I may be wrong on that one). I let that lapse and rejoined a couple of years later as my OH is self employed so did it as his business as a trade person and me being a spouse member.
    Do not feed the trolls please.
  • PixiePie
    PixiePie Posts: 875 Forumite
    I cant help the OP but wondered what you liked? I think most things are cheaper in a supermarket bar some tinned goods and soft drinks

I got a card about 6 months ago but am going to cancel before year end and get my membership fee back

Costco are way cheaper for loads of things, eg Books, Mags (current editions - I think it's something like 10 or 20% off, a real mix of titles like Glamour, Woman and Home, Cookery titles, current affairs, all sorts really), their herbs and spices are a fraction of the price than at the supermarket (eg dried mixed herbs for £2 for a massive jar (but not too massive) rather than loads for a little tiny pot in the supermarket (both same brand)), their meat is very much cheaper not only pound for pound with the big name supermarkets, but the quality is so much better that you're saving money as it's not all fat and water, unlike big supermarkets. And they have some really nice pressies that you don't see elsewhere, like gift sets and stuff.

You have to know your prices for things, especially electronics and Home stuff, but generally they are really cheap I find.
    Do not feed the trolls please.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Just email and ask them i work for a utility company even tho its not listed they said it was fine to join
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Their website has all the details... www.costco.co.uk .

brilliant if catering for a party - huge cakes about £10 - feed everyone!

I was very impressed with the meat, certainly cheaper and no fat!

worth a visit :)
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Does anyone have a list of eligible organisations? I work for the nhs could i join and if so would a recent pay slip be proof enough to join?

Many thanks

Pix
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pixie1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list of eligible organisations? I work for the nhs could i join and if so would a recent pay slip be proof enough to join?

Many thanks

Pix

I would give them a ring and ask if NHS employees are eligible to join, I would think so. I work for the Council and all I had to take in was my most recent payslip and some proof of address e.g. bank statement.
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    zee1980 wrote: »

Costco Cards are person specific, they hold the details of your address, and also have a persons photo printed on them. Also the name on the card also has to be the same as the name on the debit card paying for the goods.

The 1st additional card on an account is free, (ie for your spouse) each additional card after that costs (I think it's something like £15 for each addiotional card after that). All cards are linked, if the primary member doesn't renew his member ship all lapse.

It's unlikely they would go via Ebay, it's possible but unlikely
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport