IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

unfair pcn issued at asda store

2»

Comments

• No problem, it is the first thread on the parking fines forum. HTH
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    No problem, it is the first thread on the parking fines forum. HTH

also watch this video on you tube, it applies to all private parking companies, its from the BBC Watchdog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Sorry forgot to mention that after the letter from Town and City there are letters from AA Hutton LLP Debt Recovery. Sound scary but that is all they are. Its like having a child threatening to blow your head off with a toy gun. Bluff and bluster that is all it is.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Keep hold of your ticket as prove you have paid in the very unlikely event they do decide to take you to court as prove that damages the landowner can claim is zero.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,646
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    Keep hold of your ticket as prove you have paid in the very unlikely event they do decide to take you to court as prove that damages the landowner can claim is zero.

But Town & City don't do Court so I wouldn't want the OP to think that will happen, even in an unlikely event. T & C are well known and their mickey mouse tickets are nothing to worry about at all, some people collect them for fun! :D

jeremyclark4 I do hope you've watched the Watchdog programme already linked by taffy056?

This is such a common scam that almost everyone on this board has had at least one private parking ticket and ignored it (mine was over a year ago and the driver was allegedly there for four hours in a two hour private car park!). There is no risk in ignoring everything in the absence of sealed, genuine Court papers, which won't come. The only things to arrive will be the threatograms!

You can see a preview of the Debt Collector (powerless) letters to ignore, in the sticky 'PPC letter/threats, what to expect' - you'll find it on the whole board link below, near the top. Look at the pics now, you can see what will come next and it will stop you panicking when you read their threats:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

Plus you'll see by the number of current threads (of which there are pages and pages!) on that link, just how common this scam is. This thread is one of hundreds! Read some threads on the link above, then look back pages and pages and pages - except for the odd Police or Council ticket and clamping case - all of those threads are from people like you.

All the same, all ignored, doesn't matter who the PPC is. Nothing will happen. NEVER pay a private parking ticket. Think no more of it apart from to spread the word.

:T

HTH

P.S. Do you know what I would have done in your shoes, if a Store Manager said that to me? I would have said 'fine then I am going to return all my shopping for a full refund of £100+ as this is a scam with no valid appeals ever accepted so what you suggest is pointless. I have clearly paid for parking and I am amazed you don't support paying customers against such a rip-off. I will just go and unload all my shopping as I cannot afford to shop here now and won't be coming here again.'

And of course, I wouldn't have contacted nor paid T&C but the Manager clearly believes the fine is real so he wouldn't know that it's safe to ignore.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Save all the threatening junkmail they send you and forward it to Andy Clarke at Asda HQ. Tell him you will never shop there again and recommend that he reads Ferguson vs British Gas if he wants to employ threatening cowboys.
  • :) Thanks for the advice all, shall do as you all recommend and just "IGNORE". Will keep you posted of the events as they unfold and post up all correspondence received from Town and Country and their solicitors. Thanks again.
  • almost 9 months now guys and still no contact from town and country.
    great advice. many thanks.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,709
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    almost 9 months now guys and still no contact from town and country.
    great advice. many thanks.

and THANK YOU for coming back to us and posting this update...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • hillcats
    hillcats Posts: 899
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes indeed, THANK YOU AGAIN for reporting back as this will help others to gain the first little steps of confidence that we have all encountered to overcome this complete farce.
    ORIGINAL MORTGAGE AMOUNT £106,454.00 (Started Sept 2007)
    NOV 2021 O/S AMOUNT £1,694.41 OUR DEBT REDUCED BY £104,759.59 by std regular, over-payments & off-setting.
    BofE +0.19% Tracker Repayment Offset Mortgage Discounted Sept 07-10 then increased to BofE +0.62% until 2027
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure