natwest fraud calls but daughter in Asia solo without phone

Comments

• noh
    noh Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mabinogion wrote: »
    They could easily follow up with security questions or getting her to log on to her internet banking account as confirmation. As i said, not rocket science.

Nor is using the phone from abroad.
    If she uses skype why does she not call them using that? PAYG credit can be added easily.
  • noh wrote: »
    Nor is using the phone from abroad.
    If she uses skype why does she not call them using that? PAYG credit can be added easily.

That sounds like a good idea, but her payment card is blocked.
  • noh

You can buy credit for her if you know her skype login details
    here:-
    https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?application=credit&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%2Faccount%2Flogin
  • lazer
    lazer Posts: 3,402 Forumite

Can you not give her your card details to use?

Alternatively, e-mail the the mobile phone operator and get the international bar lifted to allow her to phone the bank?
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • noh
    Or set up a new skype account credit it with £10.
    Then email your daughter the login details so she can use it to call Natwest.
  • Phone/internet shops abound everywhere in Asia where there are tourists. Tell her to go to one and call NatWest. The cost will be very low.
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 January 2012 at 4:10PM
    The bank have every right to block the card should they suspect the card is being misused. The bottom line is she won't be a able to do anything until she contacts the bank. The fraud team accept reversed charges on calls made from abroad by calling 0044 131 339 7609.

I dread to think what will happen should this said card get lost imagine it no mobile phone and no bank card.... Plus im sure when she realises her bank card has been stopped she will contact someone.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 January 2012 at 4:30PM
    I appreciate your parenting advice stclair, but since I skype, Instant message, facebook and email my daughter on a daily basis, and know pretty much exactly where she is at any given time, I shall take it with a pinch of salt.

If your in contact on a daily basis you will be able to tell her natwest have been calling then wont you.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • kizkiz
    kizkiz Posts: 1,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When i went travelling for a long period i added my mum to my account so that she could deal with any problems from her end if any arose. Simply removed her when i got back
    Can't remember exactly what i had to do , but it was only a form to fill out
  • Thanks for all the great suggestions folks. She knows whats going on but the time zone differences and issues of travelling around have complicated getting it sorted. Will update you when its sorted. I really think that there has to be another way than by phone for such circumstances (through internet bank account) but thats for another day.

thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport