PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Glad you had a good night and the mystery curry was tasty :)

I remember curry like that from Guide camps :)

I remember my Dad always putting curry powder in stew, he served in Africa and the Middle East during the war and developed a taste for spicy stuff. My dear Mum used to get in a huff because she said he ruined her lovely beef stew. Sometimes if Mum wasn't looking he would let me have some and I liked it. We never had curry at school though or at Guide camp. I also remember as a newly wed making my first curry lol it was, erm, interesting.
    Slimming World at target
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 March 2017 at 9:18PM
    Options
    Larkhall Rise just off the Wandsworth Road, I shared what had been the maids' flat in a rather grand but slightly faded house. My landlady rented this out for some extra to supplement her pension. Was fun times :D

I'm sure :D.

I used to stay in a squat on the A3 just minutes from Clapham North tube, then latterly near the common, Clapham South and Common.

Don't think I could even afford to walk down the street there now :eek: :rotfl:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    I'm sure :D.

I used to stay in a squat on the A3 just minutes from Clapham North tube, then latterly near the common, Clapham South and Common.

Don't think I could even afford to walk down the street there now :eek: :rotfl:

Even then some of the house prices were scary as were rental prices so loads of my mates squatted. I went out with a guy who was a "legal squatter" in the now iconic flats at the Elephant & Castle. Never quite worked out how that worked as the council knew he was there and he paid rates but no rent :eek: Clapham North was my nearest tube though I mainly used the over ground between Wandsworth Road and Peckhan Rye Lane always felt a wee bit anxious using the tube on my own though in retrospect why it was worse than the unlit/unmanned in the evening Wandworth Road I've no idea ;)
  • caronc
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    I remember my Dad always putting curry powder in stew, he served in Africa and the Middle East during the war and developed a taste for spicy stuff. My dear Mum used to get in a huff because she said he ruined her lovely beef stew. Sometimes if Mum wasn't looking he would let me have some and I liked it. We never had curry at school though or at Guide camp. I also remember as a newly wed making my first curry lol it was, erm, interesting.

The first "proper" curry I made as a newly wed was "Chicken in a fried onion sauce" by Madhur Jaffray - still a favourite.:) My Dad was another one for bunging curry powder into random dishes - though my Gran made a lovely cold banana in curry mayo that I've never managed to replicate :)
  • caronc
    Options
    Morning everyone

A thick frost overnight so looks as though it will be another cold one. Not much CFO planned today more asssemble and heat. Planning muesli + extra dried fruit for breakfast, toast and the end of a tub of cottage cheese and probably a pear that will need using up and pie, wedges or oven chips, peas & sweetcorn and gravy tonight.:)

All being well I'm heading to friends tomorrow for a late lunch and some puppy snuggles - they are proud "parents" of an 11 week old labradoodle :D
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Yesterday I was 'good' again. Usual teas and coffees and food wise a banana, tin of tuna with salad cream and a handful of sunflower seeds. For dinner, around 9pm, a big pan of wholemeal pasta, pesto, broccoli and peas eaten out of the pan with a fork :cool:
  • caronc
    Options
    Morning all.

Yesterday I was 'good' again. Usual teas and coffees and food wise a banana, tin of tuna with salad cream and a handful of sunflower seeds. For dinner, around 9pm, a big pan of wholemeal pasta, pesto, broccoli and peas eaten out of the pan with a fork :cool:
    Sounds tasty - wholemeal pasta is something I struggle with, as I don't eat pasta that often I just have the refined stuff. On the other hand I much prefer brown rice to white:)
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 March 2017 at 10:18AM
    Options
    Sounds tasty - wholemeal pasta is something I struggle with, as I don't eat pasta that often I just have the refined stuff. On the other hand I much prefer brown rice to white:)

I must say I don't often eat, and am not really a fan of, pasta, rice or potatoes...bread is my thing. None of them really 'agrees' with me so I try to avoid it....going for freshly baked bread instead.

I had few options last night so the spaghetti came to my rescue, quick and easy. Boiled up the veg with the cut up pasta, drained it then stirred in a generous amount of pesto in the original cooking pan :D
  • caronc
    Options
    I must say I don't often eat, and am not really a fan of, pasta, rice or potatoes...bread is my thing. None of it really 'agrees' with me so I try to avoid it....going for freshly baked bread instead.

I had few options last night so the spaghetti came to my rescue, quick and easy. Boiled up the veg with the cut up pasta, drained it then stirred in a generous amount of pesto in the original cooking pan :D
    Spuds and bread are my favourites would be pushed to choose between them:) Hard to beat a one pan, one fork dinner true CFO :D
    I was good and weighed my muesli and dried fruit just to get a sense of what the recommended portion was - it was more than I thought. :) Really enjoyed it with a splash of milk and hoping the oats will curb any munchy tendancies as I woke up hungry again this morning.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...eaten out of the pan with a fork

I think most of us do that.... no point creating washing up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure