PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,155
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Frith well done! I hope you can relax a bit now that's all over and well done to you for hanging on in there when the going was hard!

CCP I know we will be in for a shock when we get home....we now feel chilly when it's about 14 o here, but houses are badly insulated here so feel colder! Also when I say I feel cold I only ever really put a wee cardigan on! Looking forward to proper cold! When we put hats and scarves and gloves on .....and a jacket!!

I remember the winter of 2009, our last one before we moved and having to scrape ice and snow off my car every day for weeks on end and thinking I'll never have to do this in Australia then getting the shock in July 2011when in actual fact I did have to scrape ice of my car the odd morning!

This is called procrastination! I have so much to do, suitcases are down and need to start being filled, we are heading out today down the peninsula to say farewell to a lovely colleague who is heading back to Sweden. It has been a real pleasure working with her. It's a 2 hour drive .....lunch, chat , 2 hour drive ....then dash home to get girls out to their friends Christmas party....so instead of doing something practical I am writings this!!

Have a good nights sleep!
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Frith, that is fabulous news. :j

My five pleasures for Friday:

1. DS1 went off for a long expedition on his own in the car (in torrential rain) to the shops and then to visit g/f and he and the car came home again in one piece. :D:D:D (This is going to take me a while to get used to - please bear with me!:D)

2. We cleared out the remainder of the rubbish from the garage and took it to the dump so that he can just fit the car into the space without us having to move the more important stuff stacked on the shelf units at the back. Parking where we live is at a premium and causes lots of ill-feeling amongst the neighbours and all the garages are so small that most people's cars can't fit into them. At least DS1 getting a car isn't going to add to the problem if, most of the time, he can use our garage space.

3. Soup and satsumas for supper.

4. Good chat on the phone with my best friend.

5. It's got warmer!

Sweet dreams

B x
  • Quickfire today.

5 Cuddles from Lady Black, and cat. Missed em.

4 Found a use for that little plastic bag you get in hotel bogs. Put my shave brush in one and sponge in another. What a superb idea.

3 Just off on punter cruise, or see who is emptying shelves for Xmas.

2 Why does cat go mad when he has not seen you for day's. Ours is livid then allo flop.

1 I refer to a previous incarnation about ... Monkey see, monkey does. If we are fed a trait of !!!!, we are immune to this !!!!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,155
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 15 December 2012 at 11:48AM
    Me again...Saturday's pleasures :
    1. Lovely chat with my friend .....I won't phone her next Saturday, I'll see her!

2.Oh, kids and I Picked up my colleague and of we went down the coast. met up with other colleagues and had a very pleasant lunch, then went for coffees / ice creams.
    I told my manager I wil be looking for another job......there, I've said it out loud to him.

3. Nice drive home...via OHs work , where one of DD1 s Christmas gifts had been waiting. We are exchanging gifts tomorrow instead of taking stuff home to bring it back here again. Oh said look over there.....as he hid it in the boot!

4. Crisps, dips and chocolate for tea.....maybe not healthy but tasty!

5. I will start to pack tonight....I will! This will clear the front room floor....this will give me pleasure.!

ETA :Packing sorted....feeling less stressy than I was so that is a pleasure! Too much to do in too little time!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,946
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning - a quick five as I am supposed to be getting ready for a family party (deep joy - NOT!)

1. Cracked on a bit more with the shopping. Still feel a bit "bah humbug" about it all, but can see some light at the end now.
    2. Lunch with friends and a free chocolate in M&S
    3. HM soup and pud for tea. Made apple pear and blueberry pie from some going soft fruit. I do seem to make a lot of pies!
    4. Hobbit - fab! Tho I agree with whoever said there's a lot of fighting, possibly one or two too many for me
    5. Warmer - though wetter.

Have a good day all. Quick - post before the battery goes!!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 16 December 2012 at 9:42AM
    Very difficult to feel pleasure about much, like the majority I'm knocked sideways thinking about those poor parents who are mourning their little sons and daughters today, and the teachers families who must be reeling in disbelief.

On the plus side I tidied my airing cupboard today and have linens for the cs, towels for DD's dogs, table cloths and other bits for car booting when Spring arrives.

Life has to go on, tomorrow the horror will have eased for some of us and we will carry on as we always do. I'm just full of gratitude that for us in UK the dice fell in our favour.

Hugs to everyone, and don't forget to hug your family every day. S x
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 December 2012 at 6:49PM
    1. DD sounds (but apparently doesn't look) better, roll on tomorrow when she's home with meeeeeeeeee. If I didn't need my dad to to a job at my house, I would have gone up on Friday to bring her back *sigh*

2. Listening to "I capture the castle" on Audible, one of my very favourite books

3. Took out a fab looking book from the library, gulp, realised I now have 19 books out.......wonder where they all are?!?

4. Picked up the book I ordered early for DD's birthday, glad I did as it's now gone up in price!

5. A nice lady told me one of my headlights was out so I drove over to a small car parts shop where they sold me a bulb and fitted it for me.

6. Fabulous Christmassy songs on the radio earlier

7. Strictly and Casualty later.

8. Red wine, slurp.

9. DD BACK TOMORROW :):) :):):):):)

10 Had to renew house insurance, and it turned out that it was £100 cheaper for me not to renew with MrT's insurance, but to set up a new policy and in addition, I'll hopefully get £50 cashback at some point!
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    1) Mog decided to scare me with another bout of his regular digestive illness this morning, but seems to be back to normal now.

2) Tried to follow my GP's advice and walk around in bare feet to give my foot a chance to heal, and was about to give up as my feet were so cold when I suddenly had the idea of resting my feet on a hot water bottle. :)

3) NSD and NPD.

4) Got some more of my essay done - only three more to go when I've finished this, thank goodness, as I'm finding this course really hard going. :(

5) Sausage and bean casserole for dinner tonight - always a comfort in miserable weather.

Hugs to all feeling ill / down / fed up.
  • Sparra For a species, we hunger on our own inability to understand our inhumanity.
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    (((Hugs))) to all.

Five from me for Saturday:

1. Am on my ownsome because both DSs are out. The pleasure is in the novelty of the quietness :) It's very rare for both of them to be out overnight at the same time!

2. Because I'm on my own and because most of my sensible clothes are either in the wash or drying, I'm currently dressed in socks and slippers, thermal long johns, pyjama top, dressing gown and gigantic cardigan - in other words a picture of loveliness :D It's really comfy. :rotfl:

3. Grilled haloumi and salad for supper.

4. Got lots of tidying and sorting done while listening the current Peter Wimsey serialisation on radio iplayer.

5. Got a new, very cheap, book on Kindle (for PC) on simple living. Bit of a treat but good to help me keep on with the decluttering.

Sleep well.

B x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family