Sky subscription "credit crunch" offer

Comments

• almar_2
    almar_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    We already have sky with sky sports at £47 per month. Its in my sons name but I pay for it.

I was wondering If we cant get sky plus for free.

Can I cancel Sky & re-order as a new customer, go through Quidco order the full package in my name as a new customer - get broadband, sky plus, eve & weekend calls, sky sports and movies for £47 and get £15 back from sky and £70 back from Quidco.

Sky plus would cost £99 but with cashback at £85, cost = £14

It sounds great, too great in fact. Can anyone see a problem with this idea please.

almar
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Almar, threaten to leave, get thru to disconnections & explain you can't afford it anymore, let them offer you what they will!, this usually means a reduction in money or free skyplus, worked for loads of us in the past, have had sky+ for ages now ;), HTH
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • any tips on upgrading from ye olde sky box to flashy sky+ box for free?
  • shays_mum
    1980babe wrote: »
    any tips on upgrading from ye olde sky box to flashy sky+ box for free?
    Not yet but working on it.....!
  • almar_2
    almar_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    shays_mum wrote: »
    Almar, threaten to leave, get thru to disconnections & explain you can't afford it anymore, let them offer you what they will!, this usually means a reduction in money or free skyplus, worked for loads of us in the past, have had sky+ for ages now ;), HTH

Tried that and got Sky for half price for 3 months but I really want the whole package with free Sky plus/broadband/calls/sports as we are paying £80+ pcm for all seperate at the minute. This could be halved with the Sky package.
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • 1980babe wrote: »
    any tips on upgrading from ye olde sky box to flashy sky+ box for free?

I currently have Sky+ and my box has about had it. Phoned Sky yesterday to get a replacement hoping that as a loyal customer they would offer me a box half price like they do with new customers but no. Best offer was buying it online, £99 plus £60 installation fee. Total rip off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a new box at a reasonable rate?
  • tell them you want to cancel normally does the trick
  • shays_mum
    mrs_sordy wrote: »
    I currently have Sky+ and my box has about had it. Phoned Sky yesterday to get a replacement hoping that as a loyal customer they would offer me a box half price like they do with new customers but no. Best offer was buying it online, £99 plus £60 installation fee. Total rip off.

As below threaten to leave, have had a few new boxes from them!
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    mrs_sordy wrote: »

yep ask for disconnections..... I have had man boxes replaced out of warranty and never once paid for it as I told them I am paying for it already!
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• nihcaj
    nihcaj Posts: 59 Forumite
    tunnel wrote: »
    Best foreign network around at the minute is Digitalb,you can use a sly dish but it would need re-aligning to 16E not 28E where sly is,cost:-about £300ish to include card and receiver,films-in their original language,ie if its an english speaking film...english,football has english commentary,theres kids channels and documantaries,oh and adult(not to be confused with the tame stuff on sly)big plus is its now available in HD,ok you have to pay for it in one go but work out what you pay for sly over a year for the same thing and its a major saving

So it is like it always was - back in analogue days! I had moveable LNB and D2Mac decoder then, and it wasn't really worth the effort then either!

Main draw seems to be !!!!!!! ;-(
    Seems odd now it is wall to wall via Internet, who needs a satellite service for that!

Sky dish? Not what I was reading after I Googled - 80/90Cm dish needed, with a sea of quirky reception problems even then reported on Digitalspy, it is mainly football that seems to make it financially worth bothering, (I have no interest at all!) and is only 4:3 format. To top it all, the satellite is coming to the end of it's life, so reception is likely to drop off. All that plus Discovery Channel in Italian too, which seems to be as much as I would benefit from.

It is making Sky seem so much better!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport