Barclays Blue Rewards Technical Error When Redeeming

Options
When I try to redeem my Barclays Blue Rewards to the account, I get this error:

6 - Sorry, we're having difficulties with your request. Please call us on 0345 600 2323 (from outside the UK, +44 247 684 2063) and quote error code 6. Lines are open 24 hours a day, every day. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges

Before calling them I just wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem? Other functions work just fine, just not this specific one.

Comments

• Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No problems here, I redeem my £13 every month and it transferred as normal yesterday.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Moan, complain and ask for compensation.
  • jumperabv3
    jumperabv3 Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No problems here, I redeem my £13 every month and it transferred as normal yesterday.

Firstly, can I ask how do you get £13 instead of £7 ? And you probably asked for it on time before the glitch started.

I've just called them ... their online team said they do have a glitch with this at the moment and Barclays customers cannot redeem it yet ... if you're in a rush for this peanuts money - according to them "you can go the branch" (great weather outside).

They don't have a timeframe when this will be fixed but that's all the info I could get.
  • charlieboycat
    Options
    jumperabv3 wrote: »
    Before calling them I just wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem? Other functions work just fine, just not this specific one.
    I have the same problem - with 4 different browsers across 3 different devices on two different account holders. Barclays' online "chat" this morning eventually confirmed that it is a known systems issue and is being investigated.
  • Mchambers
    Options
    Worked fine for me. Shame as I was hoping to complain and get some easy money.
  • jumperabv3
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Worked fine for me. Shame as I was hoping to complain and get some easy money.

It worked fine for you yesterday but not today, correct?
    I just gave it another attempt - didn't work.

And how can I complain to the bank about it? Can I really get compensated with a few quid for this?
  • Mchambers
    Options
    It worked fine for you yesterday but not today, correct?
    I just gave it another attempt - didn't work.

And how can I complain to the bank about it? Can I really get compensated with a few quid for this?

I used it today without any probs. I did not try yesterday.

For complaint. Phone Barclays and tell them you want to raise a complaint. They will ask some questions. They will investigate. If when they come back to you, they should offer you something.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Firstly, can I ask how do you get £13 instead of £7.

The £7 you get, plus £6 for slating every post that Mr McChambers makes :D

Or......The £7 you get, plus £5 for having a mortgage with them and £1 for having a barclayloan.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm getting the same error for the same task on chrome and on firefox. Not going to bother trying any more browsers yet - will try again in a few days!
  • jumperabv3
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    I'm getting the same error for the same task on chrome and on firefox. Not going to bother trying any more browsers yet - will try again in a few days!

Likewise here, nothing has changed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport