Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Well done on the loss MoneySaverMe

Piglet when it comes to fruit I have similar concerns to you, as I could quite happily have my 1/3 speed as all fruit and no veg.
    I personally try to not have more than 2 portions of fruit a day, and try to make as much of my 1/3 speed veg as possible.
    Not sure if it makes a difference to the weight loss, but I think it helps keep my diet more balanced.

Today's plan is to get back on track after the weekend. I did really badly :o:(
    Need to try and rectify some of the damage before tomorrows weigh in!

Breakfast - Overnight oats
    Lunch - ham and cottage cheese salad and birthday cake
    Dinner - speedy chilli

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Zebras rock
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all
    Just a quicky as need to get ready for work - not sure where the time has gone this morning.

Breakfast: Peanut butter on toast with berrues and DG coffee
    Lunch: chicken, apple, satsumas and yoghurt
    dinner: Stir fried prawns with noodles
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Morning all

Well done to everyone reporting losses this week, there are some great results coming in, sadly I'm not one of them. STS for me Shala. Hope the poorly people feel better very soon.

Piglet - I eat very little free fruit but I don't restrict speed fruit beyond having sensible portions, and I don't eat them as snacks very often. I used to eat lots of tropical fruit - bananas, mango, and pineapple were all regular items in my shopping trolley, but not any more. I've also stopped buying grapes as often, so I mainly eat oranges/mandarins, apples and strawberries at the moment, in the summer I'll buy stone fruits.

Have a good week everyone, have a great holiday Maman.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Haylaluru
    Haylaluru Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Reading through all the fabulous losses this week well done everyone!!

Managed to stay on plan yesterday which is a small victory for me so here's today's plan.

Breakfast: Wheaties with 2 strawberries and a small banana.
    Lunch: HM Spiced Carrot and Sweet Potato soup.
    Dinner: Tinned Mackerel Salad (after lots of recommendations I've got the mustard one to try) usual speedy salad stuff with pickled beetroot and red cabbage.
    Snacks: Plain Skyr with a bit of fruit salad.

No syns planned for today, maybe a slice of toast and extra light cheese triangle if I need something later tonight. Don't want to spend them on sweet stuff as I'm not confident my off switch is working properly again yet.
    2019 Weight Loss Goals
    Goal 1 8.25/10lbs
    Goal 2 8.25/22lbs
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning,

Already had a large fall this morning to deal with at work and the employee away to hospital.

I've had one of my freak gains this morning! Up 4 lbs from Saturday :eek:

Hoping its just from the weights in the gym on Saturday. It actually cant be anything else.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on your losses and shinys msm and chocolate teddy.:T

It's scary when you have those gains lantanna but it's not real fat IYSWIM. Hopefully it'll disappear very soon.

piglet, I know what you mean about fruit. Sugar is sugar however natural. I'm also very suspect of filling up on as much free food as you like. I think it's important to have the third Speed (at least) across a day whatever you're eating. Except for a rare banana I look on free fruit rather than Speed fruit as a missed opportunity. I'd say I have 90%+ of my Speed as vegetables especially as I rarely have Speed with breakfast and try not to snack between my (large:o) meals. I think SW is aware of the potential problem which is why some fruits were taken off the Speed list a while back. So I'd say eat fruit if you enjoy it but stick to Speed fruit whenever possible. If you aren't fussed then you'll see weightloss with vegetables.

I'm going to Prague and Budapest greentiger, flying out on Wednesday, 3 days in each with a train journey in between. I'm anticipating that the meals will be quite carb heavy but I'll worry about it when I get back.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: probably onion omelette with pickles
    D: baked haddock, new potatoes, cauli and broccoli
    Syns: squirt of syrup and tempted to make cheese sauce with the veg

I bought BoB milk for the first time last week. I needed a top up from our little Co-op. Shame Aldi don't sell it as it really doesn't taste like skimmed. Does anyone know how much for a HEA as I can't find it.
  • Lost 1.5 lbs last week (week 2) and my weigh days are now Fridays which are a lot easier!! :)
    :heart: Starting SW Feb 2017 - Target to lose 4 STONE 8 LBS (64lbs) :heart:
    :heart:12 weeks down (21/04/2017) - 19 lbs gone forever
    :heart:
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I had a shock loss of 2lb at WI on Saturday morning, which means I am now only 2.5lbs away from my target!

I confess I do weigh myself at home occasionally and have found that the scales at group are 1lb under mine, so that's not too bad.

Have had a few things I shouldn't over the weekend - I can never stick to the plan properly over the weekend, but when I'm at work in the week, I'm more disciplined.

Hope everyone has a good week. x
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »

I bought BoB milk for the first time last week. I needed a top up from our little Co-op. Shame Aldi don't sell it as it really doesn't taste like skimmed. Does anyone know how much for a HEA as I can't find it.

Just found it on the website and it's 300ml as HEA; think that's the same as all skimmed milks seem to be. I use the 1% milk and that doesn't taste like skimmed either and it's easy to get locally

Denise
  • LizzieR
    LizzieR Posts: 85 Forumite
    Thanks for the kind comments about my loss so far! Was very pleased to get my latest shiny sticker and a new certificate for the fridge :) In answer to Lois Lane (I think it was) I haven't set a target yet, as it's always seemed so far off, but to get me to a supposedly healthy BMI (although I'm not a fan of the concept) I'd have to lose about another 5 stone....! Just need to keep chipping away at it.

I see there's been mention of yoghurts - there was a discussion in my group the other week about these which is possibly worth sharing. The gist was that mullerlight (for example) is not a free food, it has 0 syns. Meaning that although you don't have to use up any of your syns on these yoghurts they don't have the same filling/weightloss power as a FF natural yoghurt which has no additional sweeteners, flavouring, etc. Useful to know if you're a fan of the mullerlights, or similar, and have hit a bit of a plateau....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure