Sky subscription "credit crunch" offer

Comments

• We are all numb skulls! We pay SLY to watch subscription telly and get adverts rammed (I do mean RAMMED!) down our throats... licence fee is supposed to fund the 'no advert' BBC, were as ITV raise money through adverts, SKY do both...
    Everyone please cancel, you know it's better in the long run!, only got sly for the Broadband (Max @ a tenner, capped to 4mb), but that's cheaper now (o2?).

Not to mention the bombay brian that cannot do anything basic (like understanding my yorkshire accent ;), apart from increase your package!
  • Got the Sky speak surf and talk for £26 a month (plus a bit extra for Sky + - Bless the guy who invented this), it saves us £20 a month for BT line, £25 a month on AOL broadband, and £20 odd pounds we were paying for sky. Everything works well, we're absolutely delighted. And I get to ring my parents in France every weekend so that they can hear little one go "goo goo ga " for ages.
  • geewhiz
    geewhiz Posts: 1,129
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We are all numb skulls! We pay SLY to watch subscription telly and get adverts rammed (I do mean RAMMED!) down our throats... licence fee is supposed to fund the 'no advert' BBC, were as ITV raise money through adverts, SKY do both...
    Everyone please cancel, you know it's better in the long run!, only got sly for the Broadband (Max @ a tenner, capped to 4mb), but that's cheaper now (o2?).

Not to mention the bombay brian that cannot do anything basic (like understanding my yorkshire accent ;), apart from increase your package!

Sky are excellent on the phone, have you ever tried speaking to Setanta !

And as for adverts, I've never watched them since I got Sky+
  • what thew best number to call sky on to see what they might give me ?
  • OH tried this week and they wouldn't offer us anything. They want £10 a month to keep sky + anyone better this?
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    buy yourself a motorized sat system,you can buy a "legal"subscription for a foreign network at less than half the cost of SLY'S yearly cost,including movies,sport....etc etc.I've had one for years now,much better value for money.
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • *twinkle* wrote: »
    OH tried this week and they wouldn't offer us anything. They want £10 a month to keep sky + anyone better this?

Thought sky+ was free now? as long as you have a basic package!
  • maka_2
    maka_2 Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    I was offered sky Hd for box £75.00 no installation charge and 50% discount on monthly charge
    :beer: LOVE LIFE PROCEED & PROGRESS
  • pinkgem
    pinkgem Posts: 3,299 Forumite
    we got half price sky sports for 3 months :)
  • razor25
    razor25 Posts: 17 Forumite
    I have also just got 3 months sky sports for half price. I said I had seen Setanta were doing 3 months half price so were cheaper then sky sports and asked them if they could do any offers. I will try again when the 3 months are up and see what deals they can do then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure