IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket from CPS its effect to medical student and GMC?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2016 at 2:03PM

since the recent change of this company to IPC, im quite inclined to pay £60 due to hassle of this problem is no way worse than studying 1000pages of medical books. lol.

is that fair? :(((

Have to say no, it's not fair. You did ask!

Having come here and got advice, found out that this company have no suing history, and merely coming up with the fact you might move in the future as a 'problem' (very easily overcome*) if you pay now you have been mugged but this doesn't just affect you.

People who pay this nasty industry, fund the next PCNs against little old ladies or vulnerable families. You are supporting the scam if you pay - they make no money without idiots and victims paying. You are an intelligent person who can see the bigger picture here and sniff out a scam when you see one.

If you are happy to join them and sponsor them with money, rather than simply ignore them then no, in my book that's not fair. Look, here is a new forum poster who is more than up for ignoring for years or 'playing a bit of email tennis' and his is an IPC firm who ARE litigious:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5538295

Is he paying 'because there is no appeal and wah! it's easier to pay'? Nope. I'm horrified that YOU are thinking that, despite 'your' PPC being tame!

Why not fight back by writing to Mrs May and your MP, as we are encouraging, to get this industry's wings clipped at least:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754

HTH

* we simply warn anyone with any uncancelled PCN to make sure they write to the PPC/debt collector giving their new address if the person moves house. Keep proof, job done. Simples. That way all letters come to you.

It's not difficult to ignore this trashy letter chain - what do you think we all did before appeals like POPLA existed in 2012? I've ignored five or six myself (lost count, laughed at all the debt collector letters). The sky did not fall in and if I'd got a claim I'd have defended it, still not a big deal (I work in a school and have a clear DBS, of course unaffected by dross like this even if it had happened, which no claim ever did).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • If you decide to ignore this, in view of the likely peripatetic nature of your work, you would need to update the PPC of your latest address (for the next 6 years) in case they surprisingly became litigious and papers were served at an address you'd already left. A default CCJ which would damage creditworthiness has been served on many motorists (by other PPCs) who have not updated them with new addresses.

how do you tell the PPC that i change address?
    have you looked at appealing to the land owner / landlord yet ?

this is the only likely way to actually sort this out now ........

as allready said we do not advise paying .....

so please concider ...

Do you by any chance have a template to email the retailer/owner of the land? Language is not my strong suit so any help for this would be very much appreciated!
    This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out. Write to your MP as well as Mrs May:

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.

I have sent this through email. Will do one through proper post if i can get someone to help me with the template. Here is a short version of mine. LOL.
    Dear Lilian Greenwood,

PRIVATE PARKING TICKETS ACTION NEEDED NOW!

I have very much limited knowledge about the private parking company scam that is allowed by the government. I wish I could do more but by writing to you I would like you to take actions to prevent elderlies, vulnerable groups and students to be scammed by this company. If these companies are allowed to exist, they will not only hurt the vulnerable groups but will use these dirty money to fund their own holiday and expenses.

I would ask you to use your influence to highlight the urgency of this with the Minister concerned, and/or the Prime Minister, to ensure that the Government acts, and is seen to act, to redress the imbalance of the current situation.

Also guys, here is the link for their companys history. I dont know much about assets etc but i dont think they have enough funds to pursue in court do they? Try checking the tax exemption file.

company/06769370/filing-history

Thanks guys for the help. If I could get similar support in the next few weeks then im willing to fight this which im sure you guys will do!

Thanks again!
  • Coupon-mad
    Just email or write a letter and keep proof of sending. Easy.
    Do you by any chance have a template to email the retailer/owner of the land? Language is not my strong suit so any help for this would be very much appreciated!
    Have a look at the hundreds of cases here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Several of them show their complaint wording. They ALL succeeded.
  • i didnt manage to find any complaint wording though. there were loads of threads and i wasnt able to check EVERY THREADS. lol. that will take ages. i created a simple complaint message through their facebook. will see how it goes.

i wish someone could make a template for people to use in the newbies section? that would be very helpful.

thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 10 October 2016 at 7:03PM
    I will absolutely never write a template complaint. That would be lazy and would never make sense for all cases, and would lose its impact, obviously, once retailers and traders recognised it.

Glad to hear you did complain though.

If you pay up after all this, please kindly don't come back and tell us. We seriously do not want to know, it would be that despicable to pay a parking firm in these circumstances, supporting their next PCNs and funding them, after getting bespoke MSE advice about a firm who are not likely to ever do anything more scary than send letters.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

I have sent this through email. Will do one through proper post if i can get someone to help me with the template. Here is a short version of mine. LOL.

Also guys, here is the link for their companys history. I dont know much about assets etc but i dont think they have enough funds to pursue in court do they? Try checking the tax exemption file.

company/06769370/filing-history

Thanks guys for the help. If I could get similar support in the next few weeks then im willing to fight this which im sure you guys will do!

Thanks again!

How did you get into medical school and how do you expect to pass your exams let alone write up a patient's history?
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • nicechap wrote: »
    How did you get into medical school and how do you expect to pass your exams let alone write up a patient's history?

well patients history is a bit bullet points and dont require much grammar. as long as doctors can comprehend the points that would suffice. have you ever seen how patients note are written? i dont think normal(non medical) people could understand. even the abbreviations could take ages to get use to. even the nurses sometimes struggle. not just because of the bad hand writing but sometimes they are written just the sake of medico-legal cases if they do happen.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    well patients history is a bit bullet points and dont require much grammar. as long as doctors can comprehend the points that would suffice. have you ever seen how patients note are written? i dont think normal(non medical) people could understand. even the abbreviations could take ages to get use to. even the nurses sometimes struggle. not just because of the bad hand writing but sometimes they are written just the sake of medico-legal cases if they do happen.

That fills me with confidence.

Hopefully the Doctor's handwriting is not so bad as to misread DNA for DNR :eek:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • toshiba12345
    toshiba12345 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2016 at 5:29PM
    I'm afraid our contract with the parking company does not allow us to cancel tickets on customer's behalf. If you wish to contend the fine then you will need to follow the directions given on the back of the ticket.

If you were using the centre at the time you received the ticket, then the parking company may contact us to confirm that fact.

thats what they replied. is it okay if i just say i was checking out the surrounding area around the centre?
  • Coupon-mad
    Can you edit that post to remove that question? We don't condone lying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure