ugg outlet- is it a scam?

Options

Comments

• davey3007
    Options
    Yes this site is a complete Fraud.The UGG Boot Fiasco is a Front for his many other illegal activities......
    The seller who calls himself Johnny Adams is running a Nationswide Scam with Brand New non existent Iphones at half price and other Hi-Value electronic Items. He is using a Brighton Landline number which I suspect is a "rerouted number" 01273 930604. If anyone has any information about this character, we would be pleased to learn about it as he has scammed hundreds of innocent victims out of hundreds of thousands of pounds in the last 12 months and the Police are eager to interview him.
    email me if you can help > directaction(at)hotmail.com
  • davey3007
    Options
    Does anyone have any information on a John Adams using a Brighton Phone number 01273 930604. We have evidence that he is running a Nationwide iphone Scam using his Paypal account (rvkja001@gmail.com)
    He always gives fake addresses in Cardiff,Birmingham and Newcastle when collection for cash is requested.
    He has hijacked a business address in Peterborough and is using several aliases.
    He also runs a Fake Website selling Fake UGG Boots .
    Any information about this character would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers Dave

directaction(at)hotmail.com
  • Jodz
    Jodz Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2010 at 1:07PM
    Options
    Hi Dave

I have also been subjected to the iphone scam........How did you find out about him? I will do anything I can to help get this stopped, although realise that my £300 is now down the drain............

Jodie
  • belfastchelsea
    Options
    how did you pay i paid by paypal and i put a claim on the payment and they said that i will be refunded within ten days if the seller dosnt produce a valid tracking number or proof i received it which iam sure he wont cause its a scam
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Options
    Any other single posters want to add a comment?
  • Sarsie
    Sarsie Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    gnaril wrote: »
    I mean really girls know how much the real thing costs ( im assuming here). Must be thinking when ordering them they are not going to be real. your not going to get an item for half the retail price or less really in this day and age......

My partner's a retailler. I know what stuff comes in at and I know what stuff goes out at. Not just in his line of business but in plenty of others too because I know what the wholesalers sell at and I see what that then goes out for etc...

500% mark-up is not as rare as you'd think, in fact it's bog standard (buy it for a tenner sell it for fifty). I'd be willing to bet you a pint of the landlords finest that in under five minutes in your house I could find a bag full of items that have a 500% mark-up or more as standard.

Clothing, accessories and other fashionable items have a fairly large mark-up because they are high risk. One fat/old/ugly celeb wears ugg boots on the telly and no one wants uggs ever again. Fashions change, and fast. So fashion is higher risk for a retailler, therefore high mark up for you...

Which means it's not just the naive and daft who reckon 50% of retail prices is achievable, it actually is achievable if a retailler chose to do it (in fact it's still a 250% mark up if the RRP represents a 500% mark up). Some retailers do exactly this, even reputable high street ones (TK Maxx springs to mind).

For the sake of accuracy I just looked that site up, the discounts look entirely normal and reasonable. I've got 4 random styles of ugg boots on my screen now They are discounted to... 90%, 66%, 80% and 69% of thier RRP's (mean average = 77% of RRP). I can't think of a single high street fashion chain I shop with that hasn't offered similar levels of reductions on branded goods this year.

Manufacturers often set RRP's high deliberately so retaillers can knock the stuffing out of them! It's well known!

It's easy peasy when the brown stuff hits the air conditioning to say "you should have known better" but that's tosh in this case. The website looks legit even under a cynical eye. Victim blaming is automatic for human beings, it makes people feel safer by giving them the illusion the bad thing will never happen to them.

The truth is you'd go for a product on 77% of it's RRP too without the internal scam alarms going wild, have a look on the end of any supermarket aisle, branded goods on 50% of RRP are an everyday occurance even in the grocery sector where the mark-up is well below the ladies fashion sector.
    "I, on the other hand, am a fully rounded human being with a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the sh*t kicked out of me." ~ Capt. E. Blackadder
  • belfastchelsea
    Options
    Jodz wrote: »
    Hi Dave

I have also been subjected to the iphone scam........How did you find out about him? I will do anything I can to help get this stopped, although realise that my £300 is now down the drain............

Jodie

i was scamed yesterday by john adams for an iphone he even went to the extent of sending me a scaned picture of his passport and address phone number then as soon as i made the payment of 300 pounds he disapeared lucky i got the payment frozen by paypal so he cant get it i have to wait ten day s and if he dosnt reply to them with a a tracking num and signature to prove i received it the money will be returned to my account but he needs to be stoped lucky i caught on quickly and got the payment frozen by paypal
  • Dotk
    Dotk Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,
    Don't hold your breath with paypal! I have also been scammed by this guy. I bought an unwanted upgrade Apple Iphone 3gs 32gb on 27th May - he even sent me the serial number of the phone to verify on Apple's website that the warranty was valid. So I used paypal to pay him £300. I followed up asking for a receipt so I could insure the phone and when he wouldn't respond to either emails or calls I contacted paypal who put a hold on the funds until 10 days was up. I received a fake Apple phone from China just before the 10 day deadline was up and even though I have a letter from the manager of my local store confirming its a fake paypal have said because an item has been delivered (and its not an ebay item!) there is no more they can do! My advice don't accept any package from China and see if you can get your money back - good luck. I am going to contact the police and see if anything can be done.
  • Dotk
    Options
    davey3007 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information on a John Adams using a Brighton Phone number 01273 930604. We have evidence that he is running a Nationwide iphone Scam using his Paypal account (rvkja001@gmail.com)
    He always gives fake addresses in Cardiff,Birmingham and Newcastle when collection for cash is requested.
    He has hijacked a business address in Peterborough and is using several aliases.
    He also runs a Fake Website selling Fake UGG Boots .
    Any information about this character would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers Dave

directaction(at)hotmail.com

Hi
    I have been scammed by this guy also. I thought I was buying his unwanted upgrade as he sent a serial number for the phone which checked out on the apple website. However what I received 8 days later was a fake iphone direct from China. My local Apple Store manager has written a letter confirming its a fake and despite me having this and the emails from Mr Adams providing the serial number etc they say they can do nothing!
    Someone has said that the police are interested in interviewing him - can the police not trace him from details he has registered with paypal or at least stop him from using them to receive monies as paypal are not prepared to do anything.
    I paid £300 via paypal and I am disgusted with their attitude and would like to warn other people to think very seriously before using paypal for anything.

My last chance is to report this to the police and see if they can stop paypal paying him my money. If I get anywhere with the police I will let you know.

Regards

Dot
  • Dotk
    Options
    davey3007 wrote: »
    Yes this site is a complete Fraud.The UGG Boot Fiasco is a Front for his many other illegal activities......
    The seller who calls himself Johnny Adams is running a Nationswide Scam with Brand New non existent Iphones at half price and other Hi-Value electronic Items. He is using a Brighton Landline number which I suspect is a "rerouted number" 01273 930604. If anyone has any information about this character, we would be pleased to learn about it as he has scammed hundreds of innocent victims out of hundreds of thousands of pounds in the last 12 months and the Police are eager to interview him.
    email me if you can help > directaction(at)hotmail.com

Hi Tried your email but it is not working I have posted my experience with this guy today on this site but like you I am keen to get the police involved. My email is kellegher@talktalk.net.
    Dot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport