Make upto £10 a day in August 2017 - everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• cufc_mike
    cufc_mike Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    £31.23 from matched betting today.

Also did my first ever Prolific Acad study today, with £1.75 pending. Supposedly that should be worth £5.25 in total with a few more studies to come over the next few days. Can't remember who's referral link I used, but somebody should have a little bonus heading their way :)

Takes my August total up to £57.10 - so happy with that! Have a little boy due on 5th September, so I've got 2 weeks paternity leave coming up any time soon, which will cost me about £750-£800 in lost earnings, so every little helps!

Went shopping for some cat litter this morning (at Morrisons), and needed to pick up some eggs and kitchen roll too - did my research before I set off and figured if I stopped in at Aldi on the way back (literally passing the store entrance) I'd be able to save 17pence on the eggs and 59pence on the kitchen roll. 76pence saved. What have I turned into!!! I love it.

Well done to everybody else so far. 6 days in, and some of the totals are fab!
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Wow CBC!! Fantastic earnings on your carboot!! Very impressive.
    Have you got anything left to sell? :rotfl:

Hope you soon get some "me" time Aesop and if you dont........just come on here and have a rant. I certainly dont mind and Im sure others dont either.

Some great results from the rest of you as well!!

Bit slow for me at the minute though a few things should pay out this week and I have 5 days at work this week so tips should boost the coffers a bit. Cant wait till Friday as I then have a week off. :T Really ready for a break from work.

A friend has just tipped me off about Gousto where you get sent all ingredients and recipes for 4 meals for £35. She sent me her referral code and I got 50% off so a saving of £17.50 :T

Will be getting my delivery during my week off so that should be interesting!

Anyone else used this company?
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £8.50 from a Buy it now on EBay - a waterproof lightweight jacket type thing I bought my daughter when she did Duke of Edinburgh scheme and has been hanging around unworn ever since. £22 paid to me on eBay after auction ended (I started it at £5) for some pretty battered Beats headphones with half the top of the headband missing.

I have 2 payments to me still outstanding on eBay, we'll see when they turn up! Looks like I may be starting an action (will have to remind myself how) for one of them but the other was only 99p and today.

Good luck all for this week x
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    £31.23 from matched betting today.

Also did my first ever Prolific Acad study today, with £1.75 pending. Supposedly that should be worth £5.25 in total with a few more studies to come over the next few days. Can't remember who's referral link I used, but somebody should have a little bonus heading their way :)

Takes my August total up to £57.10 - so happy with that! Have a little boy due on 5th September, so I've got 2 weeks paternity leave coming up any time soon, which will cost me about £750-£800 in lost earnings, so every little helps!

Went shopping for some cat litter this morning (at Morrisons), and needed to pick up some eggs and kitchen roll too - did my research before I set off and figured if I stopped in at Aldi on the way back (literally passing the store entrance) I'd be able to save 17pence on the eggs and 59pence on the kitchen roll. 76pence saved. What have I turned into!!! I love it.

Well done to everybody else so far. 6 days in, and some of the totals are fab!

Awww another baby on the Make £10 a day thread.
    You are doing better than me with MB but I 'm rusty.

Have you checked mse for the baby thread? On all the sites to sign up for freebies? Some will help when baby Is here like nappy vouchers etc wipes and more.
  • Aesop
    Options
    £5.05 from jobspotter. I have been doing the verifying from home. Nice boost.
    £1.62 from sending of my used stamps. It's not loads but it all adds up and it helps.
  • cufc_mike
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    Awww another baby on the Make £10 a day thread.
    You are doing better than me with MB but I 'm rusty.

Have you checked mse for the baby thread? On all the sites to sign up for freebies? Some will help when baby Is here like nappy vouchers etc wipes and more.

Thanks Aesop. To be honest, I haven't really checked the baby thread. This is baby #2, and I remember getting loads of freebies when baby #1 was on the way, so assumed I wouldn't be able to get them again. I must have a look though, there's bound to be some sites I haven't looked at!
  • cufc_mike
    Options
    £5.05 from jobspotter. I have been doing the verifying from home. Nice boost.
    £1.62 from sending of my used stamps. It's not loads but it all adds up and it helps.

I keep seeing people saying about doing Jobspotter verifications. How do you do this? On my app, I only have Submissions, Submit Photo's, Wallet, More (under more there is nothing relating to verifications).

Maybe it's because I haven't done any submissions yet?
  • Aesop
    Options
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    I keep seeing people saying about doing Jobspotter verifications. How do you do this? On my app, I only have Submissions, Submit Photo's, Wallet, More (under more there is nothing relating to verifications).

Maybe it's because I haven't done any submissions yet?

Are you on iPhone? Think this is currently only available on android.

And nothing stopping you signing up again for baby 2 for baby stuff. Plus sites will have closed and new ones started. Check out amazon's offers. I forget what it's called now. Where you pay a fee but get stuff discounted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 7 August 2017 at 8:59AM
    Options
    Well done CBC :beer::j:beer::A

Coffee and books my vice.

Don't let OH see the space your treasure has made.

Hope you also get some eBay sales

Made me laugh about OH and the space:rotfl:. He won't see it because it was mostly from my personal shed. Sounds bizarre I know but we have 'his and hers' sheds:rotfl:. Well, he has 4 and I have just one but mine's a whopper:j. When I make any space in there I transfer some more of my stored stuff into it from the loft or the spare room, understairs cupboard etc. That way I feel a sense of satisfaction about getting rid of things because I can see the house getting more empty every day. Trouble is, not everything is suitable for storing in a shed:(. Although it seems weather-proof I'm wary of storing anything valuable in there in case mice get in (not seen any so far:j) or paper/books/postcards etc in case they get slightly damp. I've spent a small fortune in lidded plastic storage boxes over the years and can't really afford any more.

Just checked eBay. No sales:(

Jave a great week, everyone:beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 7 August 2017 at 9:32AM
    Options

Well done Carbootcrazy, that's a brilliant total. What an achievement. Sounds like it's a really good site where you are.Cheers all.

Thanks very much, MrsC:T

Yes, it's a very good site and a regular sale there every single Sunday Easter to November. It's always packed with buyers and sellers but I don't go to it very often because it's almost hour's drive away and the canny sellers are already there by 4.30 a.m and grab the best pitches:eek:. I used to use it more than I do now, especially in the height of summer when it's already light by that time but even now it was still darkish when I was setting up. I got there about just after 5.30 and had to get a pitch a long way down the site. Turned out OK though as there were dozens of sellers arriving after me so I ended up pretty much in the midst of things:j. If the pitch you get is too far out a lot of buyers don't bother walking that far, it's a huge site. The traders always make sure they check out every stall but they want things for a knock-down price and I don't ever sell much to any of them. I'd rather take it home than give it away. There's always another day/sale after all. The older I get the less effort I want to make getting things set up though.:o. And I never go when it's really cold/windy/raining. I'm a fairweather booter:o

I sold a lot of my late Mum's baking equipment yesterday. For sentimental reasons I hadn't wanted to get rid of it before and had stored it for years. My kitchen cupboards were crammed full with baking tins and such like that I know I'll never use myself and I felt I had to do something about it. Everyone seems to be into baking nowadays and they went like, well, hot cakes really:rotfl:

I think the reason it was an even more popular sale than usual was that the week before had been so rainy that they'd had to cancel because the field was totally waterlogged. Underwater actually:eek: and the sellers and buyers were all making up for their disappointment. There's a big, popular hotel/restaurant fairly nearby, plus a huge garden centre so there are always lots of potential buyers in the area:j. It takes until mid-morning before the big surge of buyers appears though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure