The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,708 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Ooh, glad you liked it! :j :j I shall be doing it again myself, or something similar :j

Also glad you weren't caught with a leg in your pants :eek:

Day 3 of meal planning for us, still not sure what we're having but I'll get on the case shortly. Got the rest of the pizza base in the fridge, could just have pizza again... :rotfl: but maybe that's a nice post-race/pre-going-back-to-work meal for Sunday night... Might go with sausage and mash and a mountain of green beans to create some space in the freezer... :rotfl:
  • Good afternoon :hello:

Gosh, taking today at a plod. Don't know why, but we're stuck in first gear :(

I've just looked up the mrL 'pickoftheweek' Not too sure I'll be bothering with anything :( Maybe a punnet of the pears at a push, but not overly inspired. Thank goodness DH picked up a couple of punnets of mushrooms last night before the change over. Mushroom curry on Saturday :j

I sort of stuck to my list up the high street, but forgot one thing; until I was at the checkout and couldn't be bothered to go around the store again. And I've bought the wrong vitamins from w1lks. They are fine, but they are more expensive than another version that W1lks do, and the packaging is so similar that I've wrongly picked them up before. They are only 30 tablets, I normally get 180 - still, my fault for not checking properly.

I did remember to post my letter to my friend on the way out - this is marvellous for me - I usually carry post all the way there and all the way back again and have to go to the other post box, which the posties are very good at missing out of their round (which I didn't think they could do - don't they have to scan each box?)

Baby Greying is sleeping alot today - which is a good thing. Baby Greying is mostly falling asleep on me - which is not such a good thing. I can't move :D But it's probably a growth spurt, so this too shall pass :D

I've no idea what is for tea, but we've definitely been a day ahead of ourselves thus far this week. Last night we had a buddha bowl type thing, with harira (the very, very last kala chana has 'left' the building :j), cous cous, HM falafel, green beans and yoghurt.

I am getting so good at filling in my spending diary that I've put the same goods in twice - :doh: T1ppex on the first page! waaaiiiillllllll!!!! :rotfl:However, it is already showing that there is a possible discrepancy with non-food spending, possibly outstripping the budget available for it :(

Wish I could have 40 winks. Could really use that right now. And a cup of tea :(

I've no idea what to make for tea. Might well be soup and a potato cake :rotfl: Don't none of you lot tell DH that we've 'tested' the recipe 'fore hand........... :shhh::rotfl:

Right, best try and do summat constructive. The 'puter chair ain't comfortable and I'll have a stiff back at this rate.

Ta for popping in, reading and cheering me on. Much appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Silly question, but why *can't* you have 40 winks if you need it? Unless there is anything pressingly urgent that must be done in the next hour, I'd grab the chance of a nap while BG is doing the same if I were you!

I just looked at the S6 and POTW - not venturing to Aldi as if I do I'll buy mangoes again, but I might possibly pop to Lidl for the courgettes. I like courgettes, and don't have them all that often. I shan't be buying the peppers though as I think T's value are a similar sort of price, and you get more than 3 in there!

If you've not opened the vitamins and the paper seal is still intact I bet they'll change them. Might be worth a try, especially as the packing is similar.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    I'm with EH - have a nap if you can Greying, you definitely deserve one (And it might make you speed up a bit! :D ) xx
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh I'm already a soup-masher EH :D :j :j Most effective. Well, not AS effective, but as you say, nearly. Certainly won't be spending £20 on a blender! :eek: Won't be acquiring one unless I spot one for under £3 in a charity shop! :rotfl: :rotfl: :D

I have no idea how good they are but I noted today in Wilkunsuns and also in TesKo that they have a stick blender for about £4.75.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£335.00 (67%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£065.00 (14%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 January 2017 at 4:52PM
    Silly question, but why *can't* you have 40 winks if you need it? .

It isn't a silly question at all, but I moved and they woke up :( (BG was actually asleep lying on me)

Actually, I think you may be right about the vits - I'll try as they've not been touched. Thanks EH.

Cheery things would definitely speed up with a bit of sleep, but I must have been wicked somewhere along the line, so here we are :D

Owards and upwards, I must get a cup of tea.............

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• I have no idea how good they are but I noted today in Wilkunsuns and also in TesKo that they have a stick blender for about £4.75.

Yes joeyjimbles - I noted the mrT one at that price too because I remember Jack Monroe extolling the virtues of the mrS basics version when she wrote her first book. Really not much more than a Chazza shop (unless it is an all singing all dancing version with 'turbo-power' for £2.50 ;)) and with a guarantee.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Just noticed that the vitamins that I bought are not just the more expensive version...... but are also 'for the over 50's' :eek:

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Tea is brewing...........

Greying X :rotfl:

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• Cheery_Daff
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh dear! :rotfl: Maybe you were just feeling psychologically older this morning :rotfl:
  • Good Evening :hello:

MrL have got baby wipes back in :j They have changed the packet colour/opening/ size :o I got confused and had DH bring the wrong sort :( They bring BG out in a rash (well, the original ones in the blue packet with a yellow blaze did). I bet they have changed the size of the wipe inside too. I liked the mrL wipes (sensitive) because they were big enough, didn't bring BG out in a rash and came 80 in a pack. I wonder if mrL will take them back for a swap?

We're going to be doing alot of 'returning' to shops. Maybe I do need 'older persons' vitamin support, afterall............

We gave BG a bath tonight, as there is an important appointment to attend tomorrow. They love the water and bounce and splash and squeak with delight. When there is soapy bubbles, they become difficult to keep hold of. How on earth do parents bathe small children single -handedly. I am in awe.

I made (pureed) French Onion Soup with 'bubble & squeak' cakes for tea. It was an awesome frugal tea. I'm sorry, but it was :D Not one for dieters, but oooof. Lush :D I made Leanne Brown's French Onion Soup again. I think I am addicted to the flavour bay leaves impart :o The onions for this soup were more gifted from the gardening parental - so were free :j I then boiled up a load of potatoes, carrots, parsnips and swede, which were variously in the mrL and mrAl seasonal selections at 19p a bag/swede, mashed them and made them into cakes which were fried off. I grated a little cheese on top and sprinkled some dried parsley over. Picture is of DH's dish (more soup was added afterwards), he says I can make it again :D

011_zpsozsl8hrz.jpg

I'm feeling like a auld, cream-crackered pony, with only the energy for one-trick up it's sleeve.................... :o

Today i am grateful for these 3 things;

Gifted Hand knitted clothes for BG that kept them lovely and toasty warm as we wended our way about :D

Frugal, simple recipes that (should) have hygge written all over them :D

An extra pair of (big) hands at BG's bathtime :D:eek::rotfl:

Thanks for popping in, reading and giving me ideas. All good. All appreciated. Greatly.

Greying x:Dx

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure