Another PCN thread- help please

Hi all.

Exactly 14 days ago I got issued a PCN from Local Parking Security ltd.

I have heard that as this was a private car park this company are not the police/council they have no legal grounds to demand money from me and the best thing to do was ignore this PCN.

So this is what I planned to do.

Except right now at 5 am on the last day I got to pay the charge at the reduced rate I thought of something that maybe it means I got to pay.

The car park I got the ticket in uses cameras, so they have pictures of me entering the car park and a picture of me leaving the car park.
I wondered if the fact that there is concrete proof my car was there and I was driving, does this change anything, does it give them more grounds against me?
Or should I just continue ignoring them?

Hope you can help.
Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    This would be better in the motoring forum, ask a board guide to move it for you
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    This would be better in the motoring forum, ask a board guide to move it for you

It would actually be better on the Parking Tickets sub-board to Motoring, if it's put on the main board it'll simply get the same response as it's had here.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Read this thread in it's entirety:

Most of your questions will be answered.

Summary - do not pay - do not ignore.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good to see the OP has now posted on the parking board - without any acknowledgement of the direction given here.

Oh well.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    agrinnall wrote: »
    It would actually be better on the Parking Tickets sub-board to Motoring, if it's put on the main board it'll simply get the same response as it's had here.

Thanks, I don't really go to the motoring board so didn't realise it had a specific sub just for this.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    Thanks, I don't really go to the motoring board so didn't realise it had a specific sub just for this.

I use the motoring board but rarely visit the parking ticket board, but I regularly see what happens when parking issues are posted on the main board!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure