Advice just been sacked!

Hi All,

As the title says, I was suspended and eventually found guilty of gross misconduct. While I intend to appeal I do feel I wont win, not because I was in the wrong but more I feel they wanted me out and this was a perfect oppertunity. At this point I am going probably take them to a tribunal or ACAS depending on how it goes.

I was told its best to sign on, I live with my wife and she works part time (earns less then tax allowance) and we rent . I have a 8k in savings but actually 2k is a friends what I owe him and 1k is the wifes.

Now this is where I am confused, I have worked for last 15 years and never been unemployed and nor claimed any allowances but always paid into the NI. Do I get the full allowance and if so what is that? Additionally I am told this year the savings limit is 6k, technically I have more then that, should I give my friend his 2k and move the 1k to my wifes account before I put in my claim as my wife does not claim or leave it there, explain this to the interview person and let him decide or will I be able to claim the full amount and which type of claim would i fit in?

I assume I will be sanctioned as I was sacked, how long typically can I expect, the alligation is attempted theft which I deny. I am hoping to find a new job but no idea what or where. I do hope I win my appeal but given the poor investigation, I think they wanted me out.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    If you have been working and paying NI then you would have entitlement to contribution based JSA which you get no matter how much the household income or savings are. However as you were sacked then it is likely that you will face a sanction. Sanctions can be many weeks or even months.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why is your mares and your wifes money in your accont. If irs thin there it is yours and will be treated as such if you need to claim any means tested benefits
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • As above you will be sanctioned for anything from 1 week to several months. For means tested benefits (which wouldn't kick in for 6 months(it will look strange claiming that 2k of the money is a mates.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    suley2 wrote: »
    Hi All,

As the title says, I was suspended and eventually found guilty of gross misconduct. While I intend to appeal I do feel I wont win, not because I was in the wrong but more I feel they wanted me out and this was a perfect oppertunity. At this point I am going probably take them to a tribunal or ACAS depending on how it goes.

I was told its best to sign on, I live with my wife and she works part time (earns less then tax allowance) and we rent . I have a 8k in savings but actually 2k is a friends what I owe him and 1k is the wifes.

Now this is where I am confused, I have worked for last 15 years and never been unemployed and nor claimed any allowances but always paid into the NI. Do I get the full allowance and if so what is that? Additionally I am told this year the savings limit is 6k, technically I have more then that, should I give my friend his 2k and move the 1k to my wifes account before I put in my claim as my wife does not claim or leave it there, explain this to the interview person and let him decide or will I be able to claim the full amount and which type of claim would i fit in?

I assume I will be sanctioned as I was sacked, how long typically can I expect, the alligation is attempted theft which I deny. I am hoping to find a new job but no idea what or where. I do hope I win my appeal but given the poor investigation, I think they wanted me out.

Thanks in advance
    You're married, therefore it wouldn't matter who's account this money is in. For benefit purposes (Income Related that is) it's counted.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    You only have 3 months less a day to make a claim for unfair dismissal.

It seems unlikely to succeed if there was a suspension and investigation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure