MSE News: Virgin Media to hit customers with price rise of up to £48/year

124»

Comments

• meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2017 at 8:41AM
    Has anyone had the letter yet if they are in the first 12 months (and therefore on a cheaper deal)?

I'm looking to get out and this is a perfect excuse, however I note from the link above

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/campaigns/experiencemore.html

it says:

"On an offer?

If you are on a promotional offer we will honour it. Some of your increase may therefore happen at the end of your promotional offer."

Now I know last time I left them they just pumped the bill up but still gave me the original discount off. In this case it's £25 a month.

So now I'm a bit concerned by that wording - has anyone on an initial 12 month contract deal had the email about the price increase?

edit: I mean has anyone been told they will have a price increase applied but the original discount will be honored?
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I think you can still leave.

By why would you want to ?
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    AndyPK wrote: »
    I think you can still leave.

By why would you want to ?

Because I am moving house in Oct/Nov (a mile away, same post code area) but a new build and they haven't bothered to cable it up even though they are already all over our town so couldn't have happened at a better time for me!

It has FTTP though, so that's fine, I only need superfast broadband and the phone.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 August 2017 at 9:42PM
    meherenow wrote: »
    Because I am moving house in Oct/Nov (a mile away, same post code area) but a new build and they haven't bothered to cable it up even though they are already all over our town so couldn't have happened at a better time for me!

It has FTTP though, so that's fine, I only need superfast broadband and the phone.
    In my post above it says you can leave, that's what I was sent and I'm in the middle of my first 12 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure