Travel Agent Code Of Conduct

Comments

• We had to cancel a trip to Dubai days before travel date.It was a package holiday booked with Luxury Holidays To LTD. We claimed on insurance and got back money minus air passenger duty.Emirates Air say it's the Package company who should refund and LuxuaryHolidays To Ltd when you can get a reply say it's down to the airline!
    Do I have a recorse and if so against whom?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Nigel.O wrote: »
    We had to cancel a trip to Dubai days before travel date.It was a package holiday booked with Luxury Holidays To LTD. We claimed on insurance and got back money minus air passenger duty.Emirates Air say it's the Package company who should refund and LuxuaryHolidays To Ltd when you can get a reply say it's down to the airline!
    Do I have a recorse and if so against whom?

What has this got to do with the rules for travel agents posting on MSE?

You may want to start your own thread to avoid being missed-out completely or ignored.
  • Hi all don't no if anybody can help book a Thomson cruise to the Caribbean really good offer wanted to upgrade but they won't let upgrade because we got a offer we rang 3 times they said we could for £1400 then back track Because we got a good deal on the holiday and then put the phone down can anybody help me please
  • For all the services availed, some advance payment should be made to hold the booking and confirmation, the balance amount can be paid either before your departure from your nation or upon arrival in INDIA but before the commencement of the services. The company holds the right to decide upon the amount to be paid as advance payment.
  • Transfers-in-Europe also offers the best quality & comfortable transfer service to customers.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What if i will used my credit card? Can i do the refund if i change my mind?

this thread relates to Travel Agents code of conduct.
    I am not sure what refund you are referring to but using a credit card does not change the contract you enter into
  • Hi I have recently booked honeymoon in a travel agents only to go onto their own website to see it is £700 cheaper on their website. Where do I stand on getting the travel agent to honour their online price
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Kellie25 wrote: »
    Hi I have recently booked honeymoon in a travel agents only to go onto their own website to see it is £700 cheaper on their website. Where do I stand on getting the travel agent to honour their online price

this is not the correct thread but often in-store and on-line operate as different businesses. Have a look at the paperwork you have and see if there is any price promise. Also look at how much you will lose if you cancel the booking to rebook online
  • hbp2008
    hbp2008 Posts: 40 Forumite
    How do you become ATOL registered? I want to set up my own travel/holiday planning business and no idea where to start on the legalities of it all?

Thanks
  • Want some cheapest flight booking at 10% to 15% cheaper price, just use coupon code ASW1015. If code doesn't works just dial (484) 968-9239.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure