Coupon safe wouldn't work

Thriftkitten
Thriftkitten Posts: 1,242 Forumite
edited 23 October 2016 at 2:24PM in Supermarket coupons
Hi Newbie here to couponing... So I am just back from A*da and decided with my over average shop to go to the self serve aisle.. not the small one but the one where you scan yourself when you have multiple items
So I'm already anxious about anyone behind me as I know with my coupons its going to take a while, when this guy (obviously hung over) plonks down his 10 odd items and I nicely tell him I am a coupon queen so this may take longer if he wanted to go to a different self check out... After a dirty look, huff and puff and being called a cheap Tw*t he leaves leaving his stuff there:o
Anyway, I pay for my items most are name brands that I would normally not choose as I opt for cheaper store brands and coupon scans lovely at the end... then go to pay and the machine says coupons are now not being accepted and wacks the balance up higher...I had it all planed for a smooth trip but now feel disappointed that I haven't really had a bargain shop and only got half of what I would of and spent more....
These were printed off from recommendation on main page here from Coupon Safe, can anyone tell me what I have done wrong or if there is anything further I could do please.... feeling a bit Meh.:(
To add to the expense I also downloaded the checkout smart app so purchased things for free that I wouldn't normally buy so I'm hoping that pays up as I have submitted my receipts..
Thriftkitten;)

Tesco saving stamps £13.00:T

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p :D
August 2014

Comments

• MummyMoo
    MummyMoo Posts: 151 Forumite
    Hi, I'm quite new to couponing too, but here's my two cents... I always go through the manned tills in case of any problems so it's easier to get resolved there and then. Put all the coupons at the end of the conveyer belt, so then if a coupon doesn't work you can just say you'll leave it then so you don't pay more than you usually would. I find the checkout smart app hit and miss. I've had two items rejected because they said it wasn't on offer at the time, even though I check the night before, write it down and the morning before I leave. It's had me out of pocket by about £3, which doesn't sound much but it kinda defeats the point if I wasn't going to buy them otherwise. So I've started screenshotting each offfer then emailing it to myself (screenshot doesn't show a date but an email does).

Hope that helps.
    Only two people away from a threesome :grouphug:
    [FONT=&quot][STRIKE](£22,131.38 debt hanging around my neck[/FONT])
    Bankrupt, (14/9/12)
    £300 away from debt free!! (16/6/14)[/STRIKE]
    £2017 in 2017 = 0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills