PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

how to repair holes in T-shirt fabric?

2»

Comments

• lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Thanks everyone only just got back to the thread, the hole is on the back so a bit of a pain to cover over with a patch lol, i've got some of the webbing/hemming tape stuff is that the stuff used?

Or i suppose i could just stitch it back together it's flipping luminous green so not the easiest colour to match typical :)
  • Man I have a bunch of t-shirts that I would like to do this repair on. Where can I buy this interfacing iron? I don't know what it is.

Thanks, Tom.
    GreenNinja wrote: »
    Hiya Nodwah,

I have a couple of tshirts that I got mega reduced cos of small holes.

What you need is a small square of iron on interfacing, stuff that you would normally use to line a waistband.

Pin the square to the reverse of the tshirt with the sticky side to the fabric obviously and iron very carefully with tip of iron on the patch. Once you can see part of it is stuck remove the pins and iron gently so its smooth. In this way you get an almost invisible repair.

XX
  • 2009ismyyear
    2009ismyyear Posts: 116 Forumite
    Your alternative is to get a motif/patch and see it over the top - or several and sew them in other places as well so that it looks like it was meant to be like that!!;)
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    nodwah wrote: »
    Is there any way to repair it would invisible menders be able to do it (if I found one - do they still exist? How do you know they're there? HAR har)

:rotfl:
    boardtc wrote: »
    Man I have a bunch of t-shirts that I would like to do this repair on. Where can I buy this interfacing iron? I don't know what it is.

Thanks, Tom.

It's iron-on interfacing you want :)Mine's from e-bay.
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    I was going to say Woolies - how many times do I find myself say that! Wilkinsons probably do it. We have used on iron hemmer, but it needs to not be in an obvious place and might be an issue if the fabric was an unusual colour or there were bits of the fabric missing, if all the fabric is there might be possible.
  • :rotfl:
    It's iron-on interfacing you want :)

Now it makes sense! I just picked up some colours. Thanks very much!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure