47kg Propane Calor Gas Prices - What are you paying?

Comments

• Does any one know of any alternatives to Flogas or Calor in Bedfordshire?
    Flogas website is showing £62.50 and I think we last paid £54
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Paid £113 for 2 including delivery, calor gas in north Hampshire.

This time of year sucks for being on gas bottles
  • Just got a 46kg bottle of propane which was £48.00 last year and this year is £56.50 from Cam Gas in North Wales
  • £60 kendal calor
  • Bottled gas users should check the weight of gas per bottle when considering the bottle price!
    When calculating the price of bottled gas I have found that a "47" bottle may contain between 47kgs and 32.9kgs of gas. This equates to a 25% price difference! I have spoken to Calor who assure me that their bottles hold a full 47kgs. Other suppliers have the "net" amount of gas stencilled in black on the neck of the bottle. Is anyone else aware of this anomaly?
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well we buy from our most local and friendly supplier, Dog Food Dave near Cardigan, West Wales.

We'd buy from him anyway, as we want to make sure our local businesses thrive, but I'm pleased to say that 47kg bottles are £51 delivered and connected.
  • Hi got a quote for £66 for a 47kg down here in bude cornwall yesterday 29/11/12
  • weslake wrote: »
    Bottled gas users should check the weight of gas per bottle when considering the bottle price!
    When calculating the price of bottled gas I have found that a "47" bottle may contain between 47kgs and 32.9kgs of gas. This equates to a 25% price difference! I have spoken to Calor who assure me that their bottles hold a full 47kgs. Other suppliers have the "net" amount of gas stencilled in black on the neck of the bottle. Is anyone else aware of this anomaly?

The weight 'stencilled' near the shroud on the bottle is the weight of the cylinder empty and is for the information of the guy who fills it at the depot, by adding 47kg to the stencilled number he can tell when he's put the correct amount of lpg in the bottle on the weighing scales.
    ie; the stencilled number is 32kg and he wants to put in 47kg so the full weight needs to be 79kg
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    Well we buy from our most local and friendly supplier, Dog Food Dave near Cardigan, West Wales.

We'd buy from him anyway, as we want to make sure our local businesses thrive, but I'm pleased to say that 47kg bottles are £51 delivered and connected.

Thats a brill price mine is £69 :eek::eek::eek: that not connected either!
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 2 December 2012 at 12:57AM
    ours will inc from £47 to £49 next monday del and connected
    chesterfield
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income