08454122700 - Is it t-mobile

OneADay
OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Me suspects its not - my contract is up in April and I get a call from this numebr today stating I am due to an early upgrade 3 months before end (yeah right thats why my t-mobile account tells me I can change plans in March - one month before end).

Whocallsme has lots of people with comments about this number - anyone else got definitive knowledge of who this number is?

Going to be complaining to t-mobile (given the news about data loss last year at t-mobile). :mad:

Comments

• looks promising to be tmobile ... we outbound call on 0845412 XXXX numbers. there are a few outbound teams calling people offering early upgrades so sounds legitimate to me... (i work for tmobile but not outbound sales)
    does my bum look big in this sig?
  • the number definitely is t-mobile sometimes they do outbound calls to certain customers with retention deals
  • OneADay
    Combo Breaker First Post
    But why would t-mobile offer 3 month early upgrade to me when my online account says I can change plan in March (1 month before end).

I suppose it could be t-mobile but I would rather I was notified by post or email rather than getting a cold call out of the blue (especially given t-mobile lost customer data last year).
  • OneADay wrote: »
    But why would t-mobile offer 3 month early upgrade to me when my online account says I can change plan in March (1 month before end).

I suppose it could be t-mobile but I would rather I was notified by post or email rather than getting a cold call out of the blue (especially given t-mobile lost customer data last year).

because if you accept an upgrade your with them for another 12,18 or 24 months making them money if you downgrade your plan you make them less
  • OneADay
    Combo Breaker First Post
    **Rab** wrote: »
    because if you accept an upgrade your with them for another 12,18 or 24 months making them money if you downgrade your plan you make them less

No chance of me upgrading - I have two 12 month mobiles with t-mobile - one ends in April, the other in November. The former will go on pay and go plan or pac code out for another cheap deal :D.
  • wattywattwatt
    wattywattwatt Posts: 233 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2010 at 10:31PM
    Got a call from an almost identical number (one digit out) a couple of weeks ago, my earliest upgrade is the end of Feb. The caller said she was from t-mobile offering me an early upgrade, she asked my name, which I gave, then started spouting some nonsense about data protection and asking for my account password 'to check my usage and see what she could offer me'. This set off alarm bells, so I told her in no uncertain terms that I would not be giving out any personal info to an unsolicited caller. The upshot of it all was that I terminated the conversation despite her protestations that she was genuine.
    Anyhow, the next day I rang T-mobile cust services and they confirmed that this was one of their marketing people and the call was genuine! I then asked about an upgrade and was told that my earliest was 24/02/10, which was when I expected it, so no upgrade for me!
    No way was I giving out personal details to someone I didn't know from Adam, it seems as though t-mobile don't have a clue how to deal with the public these days after all the fuss over loss of personal data I would think they would know better than to try cold calling from an unrecognised number.
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    OneADay wrote: »

cheaper for t-mobile to upgrade you earlier than potentially lose you as a customer when your contract ends.
  • OneADay
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I checked with t-mobile via email and got a response that the number is genuine and is the t-mobile loyalty and rentention team.
  • Yeah, but I bet they didn't offer you an upgrade or tell you how to contact them again, if you call the number it doesn't connect you, just tells you you had a call from t-mobile. I wonder if they would respond to a text?
  • OneADay
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yeah, but I bet they didn't offer you an upgrade or tell you how to contact them again, if you call the number it doesn't connect you, just tells you you had a call from t-mobile. I wonder if they would respond to a text?

Actually the reply says if I consider an upgrade I can call them on 150 or an alternative 0845 number. I also noted online I am now able to change my plan one level up but keep paying the same amount per month (from Combi 30 to Combi 35).

New price plans being shown online now http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/price-plans/pay-monthly/combi/plans/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure