Interactive Investor finally improves?

Comments

• philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    All finally completed for myself & wife 26/1-all future dividends should go direct to IWEB.

Response to complaint now received whilst acknowledging some issues they have not upheld complaint. No point in taking any further as good riddance to III.
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    xylophone wrote: »

There is still no sign of my end December dividends.

I wrote to II ten days ago and have received no response.

I did manage to get a secure message from II on the 22nd Jan in reply to a secure message I sent on 15th Jan.

They apologised for the long delays and stated four dividends totalling the amount shown had been credited in late December since the transfer. The message then went on to ask whether I would like that total to be transferred to my IG ISA or to my nominated bank account, no detail on what those dividends were individually or when they were credited, was provided.

This despite being informed previously by letter that the dividends would be combined and forwarded in the form of a cheque..

I replied that same day, 22nd Jan, stating my wishes and requesting an itemised statement of these dividends for my records since the transferred ISA transaction history has now completely vanished from the website's account portal, unlike the transferred GIA history.

There has been no reply or apparent action since 22nd from II.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am still without answer to letter or dividends or funds and can feel a formal complaint to FOS coming on.......
  • xylophone
    edited 30 January 2018 at 5:40PM
    If I hadn't you get the impression they would just sit there on a suspense account.

I did ring II today - three end Dec divs and an end Jan div are still sitting on the account - the customer service assistant said he would refer this to the transfer team....

As for my two as yet to be transferred funds, according to iWeb the problem lies with FNZ, II's custodian...

Why on earth should anybody have to put up with this abysmal level of service?:(
  • JohnRo
    I got another secure message from them today, informing me my instructions for the dividends will be processed. How long that takes them now, after waiting over a month to get to this stage, is anyone's guess.

The secure message reply also most helpfully pointed out they didn't need to provide a statement as it was on the website and I just need to click on the account transaction history.

It obviously escaped them that the title of the secure message was 'Transaction History' detailing the primary reason for making contact was because the transaction history in the ISA account records had completely vanished, unlike the GIA, after the transfer had taken place.

Have yet to see how long this sorry saga will drag on for, all I want is the dividends forwarded and some proper record of what they were and when they were credited to my account.

Not exactly rocket science but then this is II we're dealing with. I knew this was coming and so frustrated I dithered instead of bolting at the first opportunity, long before the incompentents took charge. Hindsight...

...as I write I've just checked now and received a second reply to the message stating the ISA account records are made unavailable to clients following transfer, can anyone confirm that's not the case?

I don't see why they should be, it wouldn't surprise me if that's just a brush off.

Anyway they're now forwarding the dividends and sending me a paper statement in the post 'free of charge', yippee.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    JohnRo wrote: »
    long before the incompentents took charge.
    ...as I write I've just checked now and received a second reply to the message stating the ISA account records are made unavailable to clients following transfer, can anyone confirm that's not the case?
    The incompetents have always been in charge. I left them - because of their incompetence - three years ago. Immediately I left they stopped access to my account and, of course, failed to transfer my dividends ...... AND because I had no access, I couldn't see what was owing to me.

After loads of emails, telephone calls and complaints it was eventually sorted - after three months. So I thought.

A year later they sent some cash to my bank account without warning, explanation or anything else. After another series of calls I was informed it was a tax refund on an ISA bond fund.

Incompetent is not the word.

Oh, and this was long before their series of takeovers - that was just their normal service!!!!
  • I haven't been prevented from trading, but:
    • I have been either unable to login or kicked out from the website for no apparent reason on multiple occasions over the last 2 weeks
    • trying to send them a secure message logs me out
    • I received an email that my SIPP cash balance was negative and that I had to top it up; I called, and they said it was their mistake., but didn;t explain how it happened
    • I now have a cash balance of EUR 14 in my SIPP, even though I never applied for a EUR account, never funded it in euros, and never bought any EUR-denominated securities

I am seriously considering leaving them!

I used to be with AjBell https://www.youinvest.co.uk , and transferred to II mostly because II could send automatic reports to the compliance department of my previous employer.
  • JohnRo
    le_loup wrote: »
    The incompetents have always been in charge. I left them - because of their incompetence - three years ago.

Yes I did the same, that's why I moved to TD, to escape from them, or so I thought.
  • xylophone
    Yes I did the same, that's why I moved to TD, to escape from them, or so I thought.

I am wondering what I'll do if they engineer a takeover of iWeb..:eek:
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    xylophone wrote: »
    I am wondering what I'll do if they engineer a takeover of iWeb..:eek:
    Don't say that - there's no need to tempt fate (or LBG).
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family