Notice of issue of warrant of control

Options

Comments

• robber2
    robber2 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Martin,

you have a partner who is your carer. If you do need to phone someone perhaps they could speak on your behalf. Usually all you will need do is tell the company when you call them that you give them authority to disucss your situation with your carer.

good luck

Rob
  • MarrtyGH1369
    Options
    Hi robber2.
    This may sound bad but I'd rather not include my partner in this if I can help it. She worries a lot and she has enough trouble worrying about me so I'd rather not add this to her list too... if I can help it that is.

Thank you for the advice, I'll go that route if I really have to.
  • MarrtyGH1369
    Options
    Hi ThisIsme

What exactly did you say to them? I'm trying to write the email to them but I can't find the words to write down.

I'm looking at the letter I received and I can't find any identifying numbers that would tell Lowell who I am as it looks like a letter from the court... there are county court numbers, there is a a case number, a warrant number, a local number and a creditors ref number but I don't know which number is relevant. Can you help me here please?

I'm not very good at any of This, my medication makes my brain really slow... I miss being able to think clearly but the pain meds I take coupled with the Quetiapine (and the diazepam I've been taking to control the bubbling fear since I got the letter) I take to control hallucinations make it really hard to concentrate.

Sorry for taking up your time but I appreciate all the help.

Thanks,
    Martyn.
  • MarrtyGH1369
    MarrtyGH1369 Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 23 December 2017 at 6:23PM
    Options
    This is what I have in the email, is It ok?
    Is there anything I should add or remove?
    I have removed any personal information but it is in the email.

*Hello, my name is Martyn.
    My address is:

I recently received a Notice of issue of warrant of control.
    I don't know what this letter means or what it pertains to, this is the first time I've heard from you.

The identifying numbers on the letter are, below. I'm not sure which one you need.
    Case number:
    Warrant number:
    Local number:
    Creditors ref:

I have spoken to National Debtline who advised me to contact you.

I chose to email you as I suffer from severe depression and Schizophrenia (I am unable to leave the house to attend the mental health assessments but my GP is treating my with Schizophrenia medication due to visual and auditory hallucinations) and have great difficulty talking to people over the phone or face to face.
    I am unable to work due to having a nervous system disorder called Complex Regional pain syndrome, this affects my right arm and right leg. I can't use my right arm at all and have difficulty walking.

National Debtline told me that I need to ask for all the details regarding this issue in writing please.

National Debtline also advised me to ask that you hold action while I take advice from them.

Thank you,

Martyn.*

How is This?

Thanks,
    Martyn.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 December 2017 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Spot on Martyn, can i just remind you not to use your full name on here, as you could possibly be identified.

Just one other thing i would advise you to do.

There would of been a lot of written correspondence issued to you prior to this, is it possible it may of been sent to an old address ?

If that may be the case, just include your old address details as well, just to be sure, otherwise, its good to go.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Are you sure this is your debt? Did you ask the court what is was before they closed for Christmas?
  • MarrtyGH1369
    Options
    Good morning all, I hope you had a great Christmas and New year. Mine wasn't too bad, I can't remember a lot of it.
    No, I wasn't drunk, I can't drink alcohol.

I heard from Lowell via email. They have referred me to a special section within the company and have removed my contact details from their records to ensure that I am not contacted by phone. This is a weight off of my shoulders somewhat.
    Today I will be sending Jamie (the person I am in contact with) the proofs of mental health conditions that he has requested (a letter from my GP and a work assessment certificate) although, as I stated, I haven't been able to attend an assessment for Schizophrenia, I am taking medication that is only used to treat this condition though and I will be sending proofs of my prescription as Jamie requested.

They have contacted me about 3 accounts. One that sounds familiar, I believe it may be a mobile phone. I think I requested that the contract was cancelled many months after the end of 12 months but continued to receive bills for a few months after I made this request, I allowed for the 31 days to lapse and then stopped paying. I presumed that they would realise their mistake and when they left me alone, I felt that this was the case. This feels right to me, I feel like this is real.

There is another mobile phone account that I do not recognise. They say that the account was opened on 13/03/2010. Last payment was made on 30/12/2011. This is a considerable sum for a mobile phone contract: £2,132.70!

The third is also another mobile account, I don't know if I recognise The account or not. The amalgamation of my conditions leaves me in a very odd position where, at times, I don't really know who I am and have auditory and visual hallucinations, sometimes I will think something has happened when it hasn't and sometimes I will think the reverse i.e. that something hasn't happened when it has. This leaves me in a position where I regularly don't know what is (and isn't) real, it makes life.... interesting?

So, I am in a position where I have £3,000ish of combined debt that I can't remember 100% ever having taken. What's worse is that I now fear that I may receive other debt notifications that I don't remember taking but may well be real.

We moved to this address about 4 years ago so it is possible that letters have gone to another address and will catch up with me at some point. That's all I need haha.

Help, please.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    OK that's good

They should be doing this through the MALG mental health evidence form

http://malg.org.uk/resources/malg-mental-health-and-debt-guidelines/debt-and-mental-health-evidence-form-for-advisers-assisted-self-help/

but it will probably add up to the same thing - they are taking evidence about your condition and will make a decision on whether it is fair to pursue you for payment. Keep posting as things develop.
  • MarrtyGH1369
    Options
    Today I received word back and they have asked me to complete an income and expenditure form, what a silly form this is! Who knows how much they spend monthly on clothes etc? It's a ridiculous form.
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Martyn,
    I would suggest looking at the last 6-12 months of bank statements and adding up all the items and dividing by how every many months to get the average.
    You want to be as accurate as possible on this form.
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport