New Fidelity website

Options

Comments

• MPN
    MPN Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    digannio wrote: »
    MPN, can I ask, is your account a SIPP or an ISA?

No problem, its an ISA account.
  • digannio
    Options
    Looks like it might still be a work in progress for Fidelity.
  • A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a page on the Fidelity site which has documents explaining changes to the way they do things:

https://www.fidelity.co.uk/doingbusiness

Seemingly referring to all types of account one document states: "The Service Fee is normally taken from the cash held within your account. If there is insufficient cash in your account to cover the fees we will sell units/shares in your largest investment by value and by asset class – for example we will take the fee from the largest fund before we take it from an Exchange Traded Fund or Investment Trust"

However when this will be implemented is unclear. The document also refers to changing the fees for buying shares - from 0.1% to a flat fee of £10. But this is referred to nowhere else on their website.
  • I've been using this new website and it's absolutely chronic. I'm finding it hard to determine which are my best and worst performing funds. I have virtual portfolios with trustnet.com and iii.co.uk, and the level of analysis is so much better, as is the information on Hargreaves Landsown.

It's hard to imagine that anyone at Fidelity thought "yes, this is a great website and it provides all the information our customers need"
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You have always been able to take the USA service fee from the ISA cash park, but I think you had to specifically request it.

This was not possible from the SIPP cash park until just recently.
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That should say ISA not USA!
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dunroving wrote: »
    That should say ISA not USA!
    It's possible to edit your own posts - just click on the edit button.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't find how you view your current monthly investment. Anyone else having this problem?
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    edited 7 October 2017 at 11:15PM
    Options
    Try the "account" or similar button at the top right. That has several options which have sub menus. You can, at least, set up and change regular payments. Try my accounts / manage investments / regular savings plan.

I am not a fan of this new site!
  • Purple_Rein
    Options
    My wife and myself have our own Stocks & Shares ISA accounts and have both experienced problems: limited information available, Account Summary not available.
    We have spoken with Fidelity who inform that there are teething problems and we have been asked to be patient.
    First impressions with the new layout are not favourable; there appears to be less detail and it is difficult to track performance of individual fund holdings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure