Share Dealing Discussion Area

Comments

• Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Another quick question: Is there a quick way to find out which platform a particular fund is available on? For example, HSBC Global Strategy Adventurous doesn't appear on Cavendish, HL or Best Invest lists. Similarly, Blackrock Aquila Emerging Markets isn't on any of them either.
  • Hi
    What do you think about micro investing?
  • Lungboy
    Forumite
    Is there any way to get an idea of the risk level of something that's too new to have a risk rating?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Lungboy wrote: »
    Is there any way to get an idea of the risk level of something that's too new to have a risk rating?

Read the Key Information Document for the fund.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,063
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Another quick question: Is there a quick way to find out which platform a particular fund is available on? For example, HSBC Global Strategy Adventurous doesn't appear on Cavendish, HL or Best Invest lists. Similarly, Blackrock Aquila Emerging Markets isn't on any of them either.

Blackrock Aquila funds are pension funds not OEIC/UTs so you wont find them on the general platfoms. HSBC GS Adventurous was only launched in August 2017 so it is very early days. If you want it I suggest you ask your platform provider, I believe they may well take on missing mainstream funds on request.

There is no quick way to find out which OEIC/UT fund is available on which platform.
  • Lungboy
    Forumite
    Linton wrote: »
    Blackrock Aquila funds are pension funds not OEIC/UTs so you wont find them on the general platfoms. HSBC GS Adventurous was only launched in August 2017 so it is very early days. If you want it I suggest you ask your platform provider, I believe they may well take on missing mainstream funds on request.

There is no quick way to find out which OEIC/UT fund is available on which platform.

Thanks for that. I'm not after HSBC adventurous myself, it was just an example of one I'd seen mentioned on here but couldn't find anywhere. I missed the rather important detail of Aquila being a pension fund :) It's a shame there's nowhere that you can look up where each fund is available.

I'm likely heading down the "single global tracker (Vanguard global all cap) plus bonds" route for my SIPP. For the bonds portion, should they also be diversified global bonds, or would UK based bonds be reasonable, and should they be short term or aimed for my intended retirement horizon (15 years+)? Finally, is there any meaningful difference between gilts and bonds for this portion of my portfolio?
  • Lungboy
    Forumite
    If the KIID for a fund and the website for the platform selling it show a different OCF for the same fund, who am I to believe? For example, Liontrust Monthly Income Bond Fund Class P Gross Accumulation shows as 0.34% OCF on its KIID, but on AJ Bell (the only platform I can find selling it) its OCF is 0.46%.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,898
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    OCFs fluctuate because they include dealing costs, and therefore depend partly on how much buying and selling the manager has done in the last year. If you're looking at one in isolation, use the most recent. If you're comparing OCFs between two funds to decide which to buy, just make sure you use the same source for both.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,063
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    If the KIID for a fund and the website for the platform selling it show a different OCF for the same fund, who am I to believe? For example, Liontrust Monthly Income Bond Fund Class P Gross Accumulation shows as 0.34% OCF on its KIID, but on AJ Bell (the only platform I can find selling it) its OCF is 0.46%.

OCFs vary over time depending on the actual costs incurred and because they are a % of the net asset value which itself can change. It looks like the latest KIID only came out in Feb 2018 so its quite possible that the AJ Bell data hasnt been updated.

Trustnet gives the OCF as 0.34%.
  • Lungboy
    Forumite
    Thanks both. Another quick newbie question:

Does the word Institutional in the fund's name indicate anything about the fund? For example, HSBC FTSE All-World Index Fund Institutional Accumulation? It seems to be unavailable on all consumer platforms so i was wondering if the institutional meant it was for professionals only?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback