Add your feedback on energy supplier Spark

Options

Comments

• Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    We were with Spark Energy, we left for a better deal and got a refund of just over £37.00 . A few weeks later we got a letter from ZINC debt collection demanding £2062.00 for SPARK ENERGY.
    We immediately go onto spark about this and were told to ignore it.
    Today we got a letter from BW LEGAL another debt collector for £2062 for SPARK ENERGY.
    The stress has been unbearable so today @houseclearance9 I took to twitter and facebook and I managed to get to the bottom of it . There has been a problem with the billing software !!! OMG How many more customers have been screwed over by these incompetent !!!!!!!s ( wouldnt let me put boris`s name for corbyn ) Mug Wump

Sorry to hear that houseclearance9. Did this get completely sorted for you?
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • FeelingLighterAlready
    Options
    I moved into an electric only flat on 30th June this year. I was told by the landlady that the current supplier was Ovo Energy but when I contacted them, they told me that it was in fact Spark Energy. So I contacted them and gave them up to date meter readings....I decided not to stay with them and moved supplier, but I had to wait a few weeks before it did move across to the new company.

I have just received by one and only bill from Spark Energy for having supplied the electric to my property from 30th June - 16th July (inclusive) and it has come to £115.61. Now this seems ridiculously high to me for just over 2 weeks electricity supply to my flat (which doesnt have Gas). Does this sound right to anybody else and if not, what should I do about this? They text me this message to remind me my bill was there ready and waiting to be paid...but I have never received a message telling me my bill had been issued.
  • Hi FeelingLighterAlready

Sorry to hear about this.

Did you give us your move in meter reading, and did you give your new supplier a meter reading on the date that they took over your electricity? Sometimes if the new company doesn't get a meter reading for your transfer date, they will send an estimate, and that might be why your bill is larger than normal.

The other issue could be that you haven't given us a move in meter reading, in which case we would have estimated it.

If you would like me to have a look at your account please drop me an email to the address in my profile.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    I moved into an electric only flat on 30th June this year. I was told by the landlady that the current supplier was Ovo Energy but when I contacted them, they told me that it was in fact Spark Energy. So I contacted them and gave them up to date meter readings....I decided not to stay with them and moved supplier, but I had to wait a few weeks before it did move across to the new company.

I have just received by one and only bill from Spark Energy for having supplied the electric to my property from 30th June - 16th July (inclusive) and it has come to £115.61. Now this seems ridiculously high to me for just over 2 weeks electricity supply to my flat (which doesnt have Gas). Does this sound right to anybody else and if not, what should I do about this? They text me this message to remind me my bill was there ready and waiting to be paid...but I have never received a message telling me my bill had been issued.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • FeelingLighterAlready
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

Yes I did provide meter readings to both yourselves and the previous supplier so I don't know why it is so high?

I am going to send you an email, so you can hopefully sort this out for me.

Thanks
  • Hi FeelingLighterAlready

Thanks for confirming.

I'll be back at 8am so pop me an email and I'll get this sorted out for you.

If you can please include your full postal address, your name and any readings you've provided in your email.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 August 2017 at 7:57PM
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

Yes I did provide meter readings to both yourselves and the previous supplier so I don't know why it is so high?

I am going to send you an email, so you can hopefully sort this out for me.

Thanks

This doesn't quite make any sense to me.

As I understood it, you moved to the property and it was already supplied by Spark.
    You have since switched supplier, and so have now received a final bill from Spark (which you are questioning)

Why have you provided any readings to a previous supplier???
    How did you even know who the previous supplier was?
    As you were not a customer of the previous supplier to Spark, they (the previous supplier) would have ignored any readings you provided.

Good luck!
  • FeelingLighterAlready
    Options
    Sorry footy guy, I meant my current supplier omg I ha e had a looong busy day and am very tired so apologies 🤣
  • FeelingLighterAlready
    Options
    Thanks Jenny. I have emailed customerexperience@sparkenergy.co.uk - is this correct as that was the only email I saw on your profile?

I have included my account number with yourselves and the meter readings...I await to hear from you in the morning.
  • FeelingLighterAlready
    Options
    Just a quick post to say thank you very much to Jenny who has solved my problem with speed and accuracy - excellent service! Thank you :-)
  • The_Occupier
    Options
    mike456889 wrote: »
    Like many other consumers I was caught up in the nightmare of the lettings agency giving Spark my details so they took over the account and put it in my name without my knowledge or consent. Spark then refused to transfer the account back to my original supplier or to close the account, using a variety of excuses, threats and just outright refusals.
    Beware of signing any lettings contract with a contract mentioning Spark in it. Even if the contract states that you will be able to switch at any time, Spark will not let you, which is clearly not allowed under current consummer law, but you will waste a lot of time and energy trying to sort this out, if you succeed at all.
    Unless tennants refuse to sign these contracts the lettings agencies will continue this practice as Spark is giving them kickbacks despite the regulator rulings against the company.

Up till 2 weeks ago, I had never heard of spark energy, the first time I heard of them, was when Scottish power contacted myself, and told me, where sorry your leaving

I instantly replied to them, asking them whats going on, I have not made any requests for a transfer to another supplier, and at that time, didn't know who the supplier was

In my email, I had asked the Scottish power assistant to stop this move, but his has been ignored, and on my account on 26 Sept, the account details were up dated...spark energy are now your supplier for gas

3 Oct receive letter from spark energy, telling me its good to have you with us, and reading the letter, the switch was done by my letting agent, but I dont have a letting agent, as I own my own flat

8 Oct, receive a follow up from Scottish power, saying sorry there been a mistake, but I now need to contact spark energy to get this fixed

Jenny from spark energy asked me to provide person details, which I reluctant to do, as I dont trust them enough to hand over person details

Had already emailed them last week, asking for an explanation, and going by there time to respond, should expect a reply by Wed

I honestly dont put trust tin them to get this sorted, and if they try to issue a bill, its going to be like getting blood out of a stone, rather impossible, and if its an estimated bill, I know its going to be wrong, as my consumption of Gas is nearly 0 per month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure