Harringtons Advisory???

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gorndalft wrote: »
    This company has requested proof of id from me to send to a bank to prove they are acting on my behalf( I presume) is this likely or a scam to get personal data to sell on?

If you have a PPI complaint do it yourself, they may not be scamming per se but probably want to put in complaints for you which they will charge you for - do it yourself for free
  • Legal_Ombudsman
    Legal_Ombudsman Posts: 79 Organisation Representative
    The Legal Ombudsman are now dealing with complaints against claims management companies, it is always worth contacting us to see if we can help. We can advise if your complaint would be considered within our time limits. legalombudsman.org.uk
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Legal Ombudsman service. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The Legal Ombudsman are now dealing with complaints against claims management companies, it is always worth contacting us to see if we can help. We can advise if your complaint would be considered within our time limits. legalombudsman.org.uk
    It would be worth contacting you but I find that the e-mail addresses listed on your website just bounce.
  • Legal_Ombudsman
    Legal_Ombudsman Posts: 79 Organisation Representative
    It would be worth contacting you but I find that the e-mail addresses listed on your website just bounce.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble contacting us, we are not aware of any issues with our emails. Could I ask you to contact our helpline and then we can arrange sending you a test email and hopefully resolve the problem - 0300 555 0333.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Legal Ombudsman service. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
  • I have also been silly enough to sign up with this company back in August 2014.
    Nothing has come out of it so far, only every frustrating phone call I had (initiated by me), they otherwise wouldn't call, was a different story.
    Every time I hear something else, firstly that only 39% will be charge, then after few phone calls after I signed suddenly there was 20% vat on top. they said 8-12 weeks to receive outcome, that time passed, then they said to me there is another stage for another 8-12 weeks. I was not aware of that either.
    I have asked them to stop acting on my behalf, as clearly they can't get anything, but they said I will pay £250 per claim to cancel (also not mentioned on their T&C's, but I have been told, that this is their charge. Can they charge me that if it doesn't mention even on their terms and conditions? I don't want to deal with them, I rather if the bank keeps the money then to deal with them and pay their fees. Anyway nothing is happening and I don't want to be signed up for life with someone who clearly didn't manage what they promised, plus has been hiding information since the beginning. I have even asked for the call recording to proof that I haven't been told certain info and of course, I'm being ignored. My boyfriend has signed up as well and they didn't even bother to talk to him since (maybe 1x in the beginning, when they wanted more details) . Is there anything at all I can do? Thank you B.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You can complain if you consider it was not properly explained to you at outset or you consider their service in any other way unsatisfactory.

If you do not like the response from them you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to look at it free of charge.
  • 1st post so please be gentle
    I received a call from Harrington advisory but missed it and as it was a local number that showed local dialling code I called back and it started.
    If I asked a question that was a yes or no answer I got a long winded reply
    Instead when I asked was she offering financial advice she just repeated her last statement in the end I was asking so many questions where did they get my number who was I they must know as they rang me they kept saying I was on their list so I asked for my details she then said I don't think there is any need to Continue this call and hung up
    Lol
    At no time did I shout swear or confirm any details so I guess in my eyes I won
    Why does moj not stop these people they have no place in society if a politician wants my vote go after these people shut them down
    I have read the posts here and feel so sorry for those people that have been taken in by them
  • I stupidly let harringtons send me paperwork as they are insisting I haven't been paid out all I'm due due to me doing it myself previously ( not sure if any truth in that) and now they are calling all the time to chase it up. Told them I was pretty sure I'd got all I was due and don't want to proceed. They were very insistent. Could I have recieved less than I should have? Was from the RBS personal loans.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Biker_lady wrote: »
    I stupidly let harringtons send me paperwork as they are insisting I haven't been paid out all I'm due due to me doing it myself previously ( not sure if any truth in that) and now they are calling all the time to chase it up. Told them I was pretty sure I'd got all I was due and don't want to proceed. They were very insistent. Could I have recieved less than I should have? Was from the RBS personal loans.

The process to pay out on refunds is fixed, unless they didn't have statements which you subsequently found then no, you would not have got less than you were entitled to (and if you were, the bank will write to you directly) - unless you have evidence they short changed you then that's it. All they are doing is fishing for your authority and they'll then try and put in complaints to everyone and his wife to try and get some more cuts - the firms are getting increasingly desperate as the PPI refunds start to dry up
  • I think this is what they were referring to -If Barclays, Lloyds or RBS/NatWest have offered you payment protection insurance (PPI) redress on a loan since 2012, you may be owed £100s more. couldnt copy link from mse page. sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure