Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    No need to apologise what you wrote didn't suggest for one second I had offended, I just thought about how my little moan may have come across to any volunteers. :o

What made me cross is how many other poorly people had they got out of their beds so early for no one to turn up. It used to take me 10 minutes just to get mum out the door so like gocat had her ready at the gate...

I hope gocats mum got on ok yesterday.
    Hi yes. Transport turned up an hour before her appt so all went well thank you. Had to wait ages for the transport back but thats par for the course really. Then the driver must have been driving at 100 mph (felt like that anyway lol) , which I enjoyed but dont think mum was too impressed :eek:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    TM,

Just thinking when I went to school we were all taught how to cook cheaply, it is so sad that this is not compulsory.

gocat wrote: »
    Hi yes. Transport turned up an hour before her appt so all went well thank you. Had to wait ages for the transport back but thats par for the course really. Then the driver must have been driving at 100 mph (felt like that anyway lol) , which I enjoyed but dont think mum was too impressed :eek:

Pleased it went well x
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I laughed more at the woman than the children:rotfl:

yes same here, crawling around trying to be inconspicuous:)
  • Tinasmummy
    Tinasmummy Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 March 2017 at 12:33PM
    Good morning everyone,

happy weekend , hope you all have a nice one, whatever you are up to :)
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    yes same here, crawling around trying to be inconspicuous:)
    I got the feeling the only reason she knew what was happening is because she'd suddenly looked up and seen them on her tv. :rotfl:
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Is that for C&C as well as HD? C&C usually come from the nearest large store whereas HD come from a central hub (think mine might come from the same one as yours!)

Dont know about HD , dont have them but c and c yes
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We're okayish this morning, had a tearful phone call with DD yesterday so that probably helped.

We have to look at it positively, he was in pain and bed ridden, and I think he had given up on life, so it is better this way than having a shell of him hanging on. It just leaves a gaping gap in our lives.

Sorry to hear about your father in law Enterprise.

Good Morning all,

Off to Chirk Castle later with my sister with the National Trust :)

My bad back has gone now touch wood. He really is a good chiropractor. I ve only needed the initial visit :D
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Sharpies all good for another day Elite...

1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each)£5.00£1.00

Thank you - order placed for this evening.

Anon
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Morning all.
    Just tried to do a very quick order at adsa before the 12midday cut off, rammed some things in my basket, went to checkout, then bang, my evouchers are still not there! grrr, hurry up adsa.
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    My apologies....you will get the first invitation:D

We were talking about going back to Bruge this year and I did a random search on DFDS for August.

HOW MUCH?

It's quite a few years since we were there but honestly the prices are eye watering.

Is there anywhere to find discounts?

Please and thank you:)

TM, I find it much better (and cheaper) to drive/get the train to Hull, and go P&O ferries from there. Plus, when you get off on the other side, it is only 15 mins on the bus, as opposed to what I would expect to be a rather long bus journey on DFDS if you were going from Shields.
    If you do end up going, give me a shout, I can recommend a great hotel, and a fabulous place to go for your evening meal.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Loads of tea and coffe rtc in asda , decaf tea bags, keno milacano, carte noir
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure