Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    gocat wrote: »
    Cant see how to get £60 of petrol in a car either unless you are driving a tank AAU1 :eek:

It's been on fumes for a couple of days :cool:

I think it took £57 but i topped up a jerry can to get to £60
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    redfox wrote: »
    Can't see how that's possible to get 60,000 on 6 x £10 spends when the vouchers given out are 2000. Even if they were all 2000 points that would only return 12,000 for a £60 spend. Or am I missing something?

Nah, i was just missing my coffee. :rotfl:

I think it was because i had £60 in my head as being what i spent and £60 being what the points i won will be worth in a double up
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Can't see how that's possible to get 60,000 on 6 x £10 spends when the vouchers given out are 2000. Even if they were all 2000 points that would only return 12,000 for a £60 spend. Or am I missing something?
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I think aau has got a bit over excited with his wins and added an extra "0". :rotfl:

I made it 2 x 2000 and 4 x 500 = 6,000 as those were the combinations he said he won. An accountant getting the figures wrong! :eek:
    That makes more sense, thanks.

As well as adding an extra 0 on the end he also got the comma in the wrong place :rotfl:

Poor lad.... stop picking on his maths (mine is far worse!)
  • Sunshinemummy
    Cant see how to get £60 of petrol in a car either unless you are driving a tank AAU1 :eek:

Mine takes £65 in an empty tank... sadly
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Free with Daily Mail at Iceland today:

500g Marmite

Thanks for mentioning this morning, managed to get 1 for oh who loves it!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 October 2016 at 12:03PM
    Free with Daily Mail at Iceland today:

500g Marmite
    Is the voucher only valid for today? Mum gets the daily fail delivered (much to my disgust) , so could try to get marmite for her
    tia :)

ETA seen on the dark side its only for today. Bet there;s none left in my local Iceland
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all :)

Great news about your DD, TS - what a relief for you all :T:T:T

I managed a JF order this morning :beer:

My nearest 2 S's are excluded from the promotion, which is annoying :mad::mad:, can't decide whether to go further afield or not.
    Last time this promo was on, my store wasn't on the exclusion list but didn't give out any points. When I queried it via FB, they said it was because that petrol station didn't have the machine to print them out? I have never seen the coupons, but assumed they are the same as the normal ones which offer extra points/money off etc so not sure why they need a different machine. Anyway, they sent me a £5 giftcard because it wasn't listed as an exclusion(which I then lost, so the whole thing was a waste of time :rotfl::rotfl: and I still haven't got over losing it :o)

Have a good day everyone x
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Is the voucher only valid for today? Mum gets the daily fail delivered (much to my disgust) , so could try to get marmite for her
    tia :)

Yes today only.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Sunshinemummy
    buyitall wrote: »
    Hi all :)

Great news about your DD, TS - what a relief for you all :T:T:T

I managed a JF order this morning :beer:

My nearest 2 S's are excluded from the promotion, which is annoying :mad::mad:, can't decide whether to go further afield or not.
    Last time this promo was on, my store wasn't on the exclusion list but didn't give out any points. When I queried it via FB, they said it was because that petrol station didn't have the machine to print them out? I have never seen the coupons, but assumed they are the same as the normal ones which offer extra points/money off etc so not sure why they need a different machine. Anyway, they sent me a £5 giftcard because it wasn't listed as an exclusion(which I then lost, so the whole thing was a waste of time :rotfl::rotfl: and I still haven't got over losing it :o)

Have a good day everyone x

I bought loads of single items of clothes.... now I need to try them on and see what fits! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Poor lad.... stop picking on his maths (mine is far worse!)

He picks out every error going! It's fair play in my book :D:D
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure