HELP - Compass Debt Counsellors - CREDITORS MEETING 30th March in Leicester

Comments

• My wife has been speaking to a company called Stepchange today alledgely have told her that CDC have been shut down by one of the authorities and allegedly ceased trading due to misconduct or unethical practices???

This still poses the point that if a governmental department has stepped in what / where has the money gone and what's the probability of seeing it again?

Can anyone advise?
  • Hi There , I am sorry to hear of your problem with Compass , I am also a client of theirs & on 22nd January 2016 they rang me to instruct me to stop paying any further money as they were about to negotiate a settlement with my creditor , I owe my creditor 2728.84 & I have held with Compass approx 2300.00 or thereabouts.

I had no reason not to believe what they asked me to do but this obviously turned out to be a lie & they had/have had no contact with my creditor since 10.11.2015. As I am finding out there are new cases of their clients popping up by the day who have been ripped off with their money held/lost with Compass.

We need to rally together to bring people power into force even if this means all of us from far and wide get together & land on David Cameron's doorstep to take action against this company in our favour. THET CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS , THIS IS THEFT!!!
  • Hi Polly ,

I am also a client of Compass & have been ripped off with over 2300.00 pounds of mine in their pockets that they owe me . Firstly , You need to contact your creditors & explain the situation that you have been left in through no fault of your own & if like mine they should be understanding & really helpful & if like mine put my account on hold for 2 months until I can manage to try to sort thing out.

Secondly , This company should not be allowed to get away with this , they have had / got thousands of clients money & this is theft , I would like to try & rally as many clients of Compass together to enforce people power & collectively take action as a whole against these crooks.

For all other clients of Compass who can see this post please get in touch at my email address ASAP
    wildmonkey8@googlemail.com
  • D3wanabee
    D3wanabee Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi everyone. We've just found out due to a creditor hassling us for non payment. It appears they last paid creditors in December. We also received a letter in January from them explaining our debts were not legally enforceable and solicitors would contact us. We carried on paying thinking they were dealing with everything so had no reason to contact them or stop payment.

I've been in touch with AARB the insolvency company, to register interest in the wind up of the company stating my compass reference number, my contact details, a copy of the original signed agreement with compass and a brief description of my claim.

We received an email back with a letter attached explaining when the meeting will take place and a proxy form to complete. I'm going to go to my local citizens advice bureau for advice on completing this proxy form tomorrow.

We've started to call all our creditors to explain the situation, most of them have just put the accounts on hold for 30 days and offered step change number for advice. Some of the creditors wanted to go through all our finances, just keep calm and explain you need time to seek advice, you are just calling them to make them aware of the situation. This way you aren't ignoring anything you are taking positive action which will show willing with your creditors. Also ask for an up to date statement, it will help you work out monies owed to you via compass.

I intend to go to the meeting, but to be honest I doubt there is little we can do to claim any money back. It is theft, they knew full well what their intentions were. And to take advantage of people in such circumstances is pretty low! But such is life, don't lose faith people, light is still at the end of the tunnel!

I would be careful of cold callers, people offering advice via email etc, seek professional advice and good luck.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    no point they have called receivers in!!!!

That is the email for the Liquidators.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • fermi
    Has anyone got anywhere with either Compass, RMR or the FSCS? I am seriously out of pocket and back to square one!!

Sadly, the FSCS does not cover companies such as this.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• fermi
    edited 8 March 2016 at 10:15PM
    Have seen several of these case now, with different companies, and sadly I don't I've seen any clients ever get a penny back. Even if there are funds they tend to get eaten up by the administrator/liquidator etc.

Example here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5059267

Company went bang in 2014, and so far not a penny paid to clients, but the administrator has trousered £100K+ for himself in fees.

And similar back in 2011

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3098382

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    When these companies go belly up, they usually siphon off all the remaining cash beforehand, and if there is no cash, there's very little you can do.

These people just scurry away, and set up shop again under a new name, then it's rinse and repeat with a new set of vunerable clients.

Anyone who needs help setting up a new DMP FREE OF ANY CHARGE, should contact stepchange debt charity :

http://www.stepchange.org/
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fermi
    Nothing the London Gazette yet. Nothing on company house record. No formal notice of any meeting apart from anecdotals here.

• D3wanabee
    D3wanabee Posts: 6 Forumite
    Just a quick update, phoned the financial ombudsman tonight. Logged a complaint with them, it could get passed to the FSCS, use their business name RMR Financial services rather than the trading name Compass. Will see what the outcome is, worth spending 20 minutes on the phone to log it anyway. My complaint was the fact they made no attempt to contact us and they have carried on taking payments even though they weren't paying our creditors like agreed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure