Cadbury Unwrap Gold

Options

Comments

• opamist
    opamist Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Dawnie1972.

I had a call earlier from the 01429 number but unfortunately the lady was cut off and she didn't call back again.

I like that fact there are other options to take, I have just moved to Scotland and will find it difficult getting to London. I hope they let me have the hamper option.

Hope you have a nice time.
  • CK71
    CK71 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    This is my first post also. I have won the same package and was told that I would receive a confirmation email by the end of this week. Hoping that they mean Sunday, as still not had any confirmation.
  • look_after_the_pennies
    look_after_the_pennies Posts: 2,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2012 at 1:04PM
    Options
    I finally got a call back from the promoter of this competitor after missing their calls and I have accepted a Cadbury's Hamper instead of the VIP Experience day. According to the lady I spoke to, most people are accepting this rather than the experience tickets.
    As Dawnie1972 has already said, basically the VIP experience tickets guarantee you entry to BT London Live on a certain date. I was told that if you accept the tickets, you need to be 16 years or over. You cannot bring your own food or drink to the event either. The tickets are not transferable. The tickets also offer a Fast Track Enterance the Cadburys House which is on site at Hyde Park. In this house, you can play games and at the end of it, you are awarded with a chocolate medal. I really don't mean to sound ungrateful but in my opinion there isn't really a VIP part of this experience. You wouldn't receive any extra than a normal Joe Bloggs going to London Live. However, some people may really enjoy the day out but I am disappointed the VIP Experience was built up to be something which it really isn't.
    I am very happy however, that Cadbury are offering alternatives to the tickets as they don't have to do this. I'm definitely looking forward to the hamper arriving!
  • look_after_the_pennies
    Options
    Good Morning!

Can I just ask whether anyone has received their chocolate hamper yet?
  • dawnie1972
    dawnie1972 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing here yet and the 28 days they stated is up on Wednesday (15th) - for such a big company they're pretty rubbish with their competition wins etc
    A home is not a home ..... without a dog :heart:
  • queenie30
    Options
    I got it,

Biggest pile of rubbish, rang them saying I want to send it back and get tickets for cadbury world.

Its consistes of two mugs with a few heroes in them, that retails at 99p each in home bargains and a small box of heroes, very dissapointed to say the least, esp after getting a text last week saying it would be delivered Monday and now its friday, not impressed.
  • look_after_the_pennies
    Options
    Mine arrived and I'm happy with my hamper. Beats having to spend my own money to travel down to Hyde Park. Surprising, the hamper retails on the Cadbury's Gift Direct site at £19.50 per hamper!! I would never pay that but nevertheless I am happy about my win.
  • dawnie1972
    dawnie1972 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a text today about a parcel being delivered - hadnt a clue what it was thought it was a scam so perhaps its my hamper - the cadburys world tickets are worth £45 so it had better be equal to that or they'll be getting a phone call!
    A home is not a home ..... without a dog :heart:
  • look_after_the_pennies
    Options
    Hi Dawnie1972, the hamper consists of a box of Heroes and two official London 2012 mugs, each filled with Heroes chocolates. The hamper is not worth over £40 so it sounds like you will be disappointed.
  • sheeparecool
    Options
    Got my hamper today too and I must admit I was a little disappointed that it was just a couple of mugs and a box of heroes - doesn't even retail at £19.50 as the one on the website that is £19.50 also includes a London bus tin full of chocolates. And the chocolates in the mugs are best before the end of the month - I get the impression that we have just been given stuff that they needed to get rid of!
    So not the £45 worth of chocolates that I was hoping for!. Having said that it's ok for free but I have had to make a lot of calls chasing this up that have probably come to more than the hamper is worth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure