The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Don't Panic!

Comments

• If your mother was paying rent she would be entitled to housing benefit, but as she is not she will get nothing.

We lived for a few years in a house owned by my step son, we paid full market rent for the house and got HB. We delalred on the form that he was a relative and produced the rental agreement as proof.

I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems at work, they sound like a lousy unfeeling company to work for, get out as soon as you can, even if you have to take a drop in wages for your healths sa if nothing else.ke
  • I used to be a bank manager. I now make pizzas at Mr A's alongside my full time carer role. I make nothing like what I used to make ££ wise, but I'm actually happier over all.

Money isn't everything Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • If your mother was paying rent she would be entitled to housing benefit, but as she is not she will get nothing.

We lived for a few years in a house owned by my step son, we paid full market rent for the house and got HB. We delalred on the form that he was a relative and produced the rental agreement as proof.

I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems at work, they sound like a lousy unfeeling company to work for, get out as soon as you can, even if you have to take a drop in wages for your healths sa if nothing else.ke

Oh that is interesting to know. I might have to look into it and see what we can do. I have to admit I find it all a bit of a minefield!

Thanks for your support everyone. It means such a lot. I enjoy reading your diaries so much.

I will give you an update in a little while :)

October xx
  • Good Morning Diary and Diary Readers :wave:

Welll.... Comic Con was... AMAZING!!! I had so much fun and so did the OH. Only problem was, it was expensive and we both spent too much!! I don't know the full damage yet as I haven't checked my balances but I know I spent most of my savings for this month :(

I did have a really really good time though so that's the main thing. My feet are KILLING me! We walked miles and miles, surrounded by people dressed up as all the things you can possibly imagine. It was so fun to see. I think my favourite costumes were the ones you could see people had put tonnes and tonnes of effort into. There were so many things I wanted to buy. I could have bought nearly everything there! I didnt though. I was quite careful with my spending on things but it was the food and drink that cost a lot. They had a lot of Japanese style food places and we wanted to try their food. It cost a lot though :(

I get paid tomorrow and I know my OH is now broke so I am going to budget November very tightly. I don't want to be in a bad situation by the end of it.

I forgot to mention, my mum put £30.00 into my account for the weekend so that was really nice of her. It paid two days worth of parking. :)

:jI had some really good news. My first E B of A item sold for £5.50! Not a massive amount but still great. Not sure what E B of A fees and PPal fees will be but I am hoping I get £5.00. Will put it in my holiday fund :beer:

Going to catch up on everyone's diaries later. Today, I just need to get through work without falling asleep!!

October xx
  • Hey

I'm new here but I've really enjoyed reading through your diary. I think you're doing great!
    I've only just started trying to get a handle on being in control of my finances so I'll be following your journey closely if that's OK to try and pick up any tips!

Glad you enjoyed comic con, but yes stuff can be SO expensive, I know my bf could quite happily spend a fortune in forbidden planet when he pops in for 1 thing!

PP x
  • :jI had some really good news. My first E B of A item sold for £5.50! Not a massive amount but still great. Not sure what E B of A fees and PPal fees will be but I am hoping I get £5.00. Will put it in my holiday fund :beer:
    There is an fleabay fee calculator here:
    http://www.fees.ebay.co.uk/feeweb/feecalculator

Payp*l fees are, if I remember correctly 3.4% plus 20p per transaction.

HTH :)
  • Hey

I'm new here but I've really enjoyed reading through your diary. I think you're doing great!
    I've only just started trying to get a handle on being in control of my finances so I'll be following your journey closely if that's OK to try and pick up any tips!

Glad you enjoyed comic con, but yes stuff can be SO expensive, I know my bf could quite happily spend a fortune in forbidden planet when he pops in for 1 thing!

PP x

Hi PP! Welcome! :wave:

The more the merrier I say. We can all keep each other going. Have you got a diary? I highly recommend it. You can look back at your highs and lows and keep track of how you are doing :)

October xx
  • There is an fleabay fee calculator here:
    http://www.fees.ebay.co.uk/feeweb/feecalculator

Payp*l fees are, if I remember correctly 3.4% plus 20p per transaction.

HTH :)

Thanks Bear. I will take a look. Got to go through some more things to see what I can sell. :)

October xx
  • Hello Diary and Diary Readers :)

So the figures are in and.. :eek: I managed to spend a grand total of £294.22 this past weekend. Thankfully, £135.00 was money I had saved and some that my mum gave me which I didnt expect. I didn't spend it all on myself though. I have managed to get at least one Christmas pressy. It did mean £159.22 went on my BC though :(

Fortunately, I had some money left over in October and I have paid off £93.32. The bill doesn't come in until November so I won't need to pay it off fully until after I get paid next month. At least I wont incur interest!

So my emergency fund is still at 500/1000.00 which is great! 50% is good. My budget for this month is very tight at £51.82 a week.

I have made two payments now from my loan but the balance isn't on my app at the moment so I can't tell you how much is paid off.

I am not allowed to carry cash on me so I have to use card for nearly everything which makes it very hard to stick to budget. I came up with an idea though. I have two current accounts. My main one and one I can use for spending. Each week I am putting my £51.82 into my spending account and using that.

I think I said before I am keeping a spending diary. I am noting down every penny I spend and keeping my receipts so that I can better keep track of my budget and generally what I spend my money on.

I have a head start on this week's budget as I've already done the weekly shop so hopefully any spare money can go to savings or petrol. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have to say I hate living so frugally but I am trying to look at it as a challenge to myself.

I was really annoyed with myself this morning. I got up early and made myself a packed lunch... I got to work to realise I had left it at home. Can't believe I was so stupid. Even made sure I had breakfast. I am going to try and get the cheapest lunch ever from Mr A. We will see how it goes.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Have a great day everyone.

October xx
  • Morning Diary and Diary Readers :wave:

Feeling kinda low today. Had a kind of argument with my OH. He spent all day at home yesterday and did nothing, not even shower. There are so many things that need to be done and everything is always left to me. I work long hours and then my days off are filled with chores because he doesn't do anything when he is off work. I wouldnt mind but he doesnt even work full time! I spoke to him this morning and he is going to do some laundry when he finishes work. I just wish I didnt have to ask him to do stuff. It should be obvious what there is to be done.

My mum is coming for a visit today. She is staying with an ex neighbour of ours as she has more space for mum. It will be lovely to have a mummy hug but not looking forward to the stresses her visit will bring. She meets my OH tomorrow for the first time and I am dreading they won't get on. She isn't the easiest person to get along with, especially in her ever increasing years.

Back to money matters, yesterday I spent more than I wanted as I was hoping for an NSD. I ended up spending (checks diary) £13.26. I had to buy gloves for work as my hands were so cold I thought my fingers would drop off. I got a two pack though so I am going to use the other pair as part of a christmas present. The two only cost me £2.50. The rest was on groceries. Realised I had no veggies in and no milk. Also bought a big box of eggs as I am going to give a few to my ex neighbour as a ty for housing mum for the week. I would like today to be an NSD but think it might end up as a LSD.

I think the reasons for my mood are the argument with my OH, work stresses (first day of the consultation period) and that I heard today that Lloyds are making people redundant so even more competition for jobs. I wish I had more accountacy qualifications and experience, a friend of mine swaps jobs at the same pace the weather changes and is paid a very good salary. I look into getting qualifications but it cost too much. I want to get out of debt not sink further in.

I'm sorry this sounds like such a depressing entry. I am very lucky really. I dont have tonnes of debt and I am currently employed and earning overtime money. I should be more grateful. Just some days I think that I overthink everything and I spend so much time trying to be positive for myself and other people that this is the only place to vent the sad or worried bits.

I have applied to some more jobs and going to look up some more on my phone. (Highly recommend signing up to R33d as it really is easy to apply via your phone).

Anyway.. enough blubbering. I am going to read some other diaries and get myself reinspired. I may even do some work today! LOL :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone!

October xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family