We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well Alfie - Hope that you are happy with the red hair.

Went to local firework display earlier which was good, but poorly attended even though it was/is such a beautiful moon lit clear sky evening.

I may get a bit of work locally, not regular, but it all helps. Have to go tomorrow to find out more.

Trying to do some organising for listing on the bay tomorrow, but itis hopeless when it's not day light for photographing stuff.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    yes, strange glow in the sky to the east when I woke....but it wasn't alfie, just the sun. Looks like a half-decent day for Remembrance Sunday. :)

Also the first frost here, but nothing to panic about, yet.

Our builder isn't returning till Tuesday week, so although we like to bash-on, he's given us a decent amount of time to do other jobs, like sort out the barn. The entire extended west end of the bungalow has been cleared of furniture, so it will be ready for action when he is. :A

I'll be interested in the results from the Outback camera, CTC. I was thinking of one as basic security . There's been a bit of theft in the village from cars and sheds recently, though in just about all cases nothing was locked, and in the ones I heard about directly, nothing taken either, just 'rummaged.' People are not very security-conscious around here, but they may need to do more once this sort of thing starts. :(
  • will do Davesnave, had some teething problems with it last night/this morning, but this is down to us, not the camera.. positioning I think... have brought it back into the caravan now, so will set it back up again later on..

I Should imagine it will be great for shed/outbuilding security, but when it is activated at night a red light does come on.

last night we had the loudest clap of thunder ever... it sounded more like an explosion than thunder lol...

stopped raining for now, but it is still looking grey and miserable out there..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Late lunch. :o

I volunteered to lay a wreath at the Remembrance Day service this morning. Like most village activities, it was followed by an incredibly good roast lunch with, I'm told, "at least 18 different puddings " :D....... but foolishly, we declined, thinking we'd get a bit done outside. :(

It was a glorious day then, and I suppose it isn't too bad now, but as soon as we got home and put on our 'farmer clothes,' the heavens opened.:mad:

Eventually, I got down to the hedge and laid two big hazels, before being rained-off again.

Guess I'll go and clear-up down there now. By the time I've done that and barrowed-up an evening's worth of firewood the day will be gone. Should just have stayed for roast + two puds and then slept all afternoon!:rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    evening all... not long got back from IOW.. got off the ferry there at 10.55am so time to park up for the 2 minutes silence. pleased to see lots of other cars doing the same. met at my sisters then went for a lovely pub grub session with her and OH :D back at sis's house all her kids,and mums grandchildren and great grandchildren turned up , had cake with an "83" candle and then home. enroute out of sis's house i wacked my ankle joint [nobbly bit on inside of ankle] on her chest coffee table ...:eek: i doubled up and counted to 10 .... kids present !! im sure they knew the intended words but ....;) so am nursing a sore ankle... weather held out until on way home then flashes of lightening, thunder but only minor rain.. hope you have all had a good weekend :)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    just did the maths... my ma and pa have 4 children, 7 grand children and 14 great grand children and some of those are of age to be parents too !! so may get to see great greats !! :D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 November 2014 at 8:27AM
    I'm shopping.

Let me know if you see any thing suitable alf. Cabinet. Must be 80 cm wide almost exactly ( certainly no wider) and 40 CMs deep, again, no deeper, could go in a wee bit, not much. Flexible as to design, but elegant. To take a sink ON top, so will have to do some damage to top.

Have considered mirrored 20s/30s style stuff, plain Chinese type stuff ( lacquered with the simple metal fixings. Or even small sideboard if not too tall. Nothing TOO fiddly nor too chunky ( I think) though might look anyway .....kind of, open to looking ATM.

The boss has a desire, I have created a vision around it and now I need to pull the pieces together ....ASAP.

Very prepared , even preferred, to do considerable finish overhaul. :).
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    i will note that LIR and start looking ;):D
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Glorious here - quite cool but dry.

Spent most of the day photoing for listing on the bay & then listing. Feel a bit cross eyed.

Such lovely light & reflections on the Loch. Deer all down & at the roadside licking the salt off the roads.
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    choille wrote: »
    Trying to do some organising for listing on the bay tomorrow, but itis hopeless when it's not day light for photographing stuff.

Choille, we were lucky enough to find a portable photo booth and lights at the back of an auction lot but, when the ambient light is so poor, we struggle even so.

Last week we found two old wood/iron/leather shoes at auction that we initially thought were ice skates. Turns out they are pattens from about 1840, so that ladies didnt get their shoes and skirts covered with the filth of the streets

Incredible lightning last night
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure